That is awesome. I know you have been excited to try and get that house. But beware on all girls, mine are only 5 and 3 and the level of drama and crying and whining is so high right now. Drives me up a wall because they just start crying for no reason. Haha

Hah - I have 3 girls - which means 3 weddings to pay for in addition to college. I figure between college ($300k each) and weddings ($50k to $75k each) I could have retired 2 years earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this happened yesterday. Had to do something for the little man after he tried to swing my 6 iron in the living room, so Snoopy golf clubs were the answer.

8c23501acec5501f55fa4091d2cf85bd.jpg

That is awesome Amol.

We actually opened the set Amanda got me to tell me she was pregnant the other day and Lotte now runs around the house with her plastic putter and iron nonstop.

Hah - I have 3 girls - which means 3 weddings to pay for in addition to college. I figure between college ($300k each) and weddings ($50k to $75k each) I could have retired 2 years earlier.

That is rough man, I don't envy you at all. I'll be happy to retire early. Haha

My FIL was the same way though. 4 girls and 2 of them are twins...

Im with most of these guys in that 2 is the perfect number. I personally don't think just one kid is a good thing, even though I see so many people around here with one. We are set on our 2 and like many others have said its a good thing for both kids because they learn so much from each other, play together etc. I could not imagine adding a 3rd child to the mix at this point or ever for that matter. Life is was too fast paced and rushed with just 2 kids, and to me if you decide on a 3rd it seems like someone will always be the odd ball out. Most of the time it takes both of us to tackle the responsibilities of caring for the kids, not to mention the added costs to having a 3rd. I told my wife Im going to feel like I hit the lottery after were finally done buying formula and diapers. I wish I would have kept track to actually see how much money is spent just on those 2 items over the course of getting to kids to the out of diapers stage, it has to be a small fortune. On a whole another note, one thing that has started to drive me absolutely nuts in my area is the amount of people who think that they are way too busy for children, yet treat their pets and dogs better than they probably would their kids. Having children and watching them grow and interacting with them is way more gratifying then having some pet who you treat like a real person. I couldn't imagine not having my kids, the amount of fun we have, and watching them learn and grow is the best experience in life.

I have one right now and we havent made plans for a second. I honestly dont feel like we could afford another one, although you always seem to just make it work. For now I am loving my boy and would be just fine if he is only one we have.

That is rough man, I don't envy you at all. I'll be happy to retire early. Haha

My FIL was the same way though. 4 girls and 2 of them are twins...

I have no regrets but it is a financial headache raising daughters versus boys. My youngest plays the flute - really strong player - bam $12k on a flute. Have a son that is good at baseball - buy a glove, cup and spikes!

I have no regrets but it is a financial headache raising daughters versus boys. My youngest plays the flute - really strong player - bam $12k on a flute. Have a son that is good at baseball - buy a glove, cup and spikes!

I know all about those high instrument costs. My parents didn't go for it and I can see why now looking back on it. But still made me upset at the time.

I know all about those high instrument costs. My parents didn't go for it and I can see why now looking back on it. But still made me upset at the time.

#GolfClubsfortheGirls

My youngest daughter (almost 6) went with my to the driving range yesterday. She had fun trying to hit my 58* wedge and actually hit it sort of straight, considering she was basically blading it the entire time. Even wanted me to get a second bucket of balls for her. Might need to invest in some kids clubs! Yes!

WOW I had no idea they cost that much. Was it made from the last remaining precious metal of its kind? I kid of course but damn that is a chunk of change. Am I bad father if I steer my son to a cheaper instrument?

WOW I had no idea they cost that much. Was it made from the last remaining precious metal of its kind? I kid of course but damn that is a chunk of change. Am I bad father if I steer my son to a cheaper instrument?

In fairness she started on a $700 flute, graduated to a $3k, then an $8k now a $12k and there'll be another when she goes to college. The good news is that they hold their value and you can trade up/sell. Though we keep the most recent model as a back up when you have to take the main one in for an overhaul

In fairness she started on a $700 flute, graduated to a $3k, then an $8k now a $12k and there'll be another when she goes to college. The good news is that they hold their value and you can trade up/sell. Though we keep the most recent model as a back up when you have to take the main one in for an overhaul

You have cemented my feelings on the drums, thank you :alien:

#GolfClubsfortheGirls
Already started. Haha. The oldest will for sure be coming to the course with me this year.

My daughter is using a $1500 flute we scored a good deal on, but she's in Districts and as a freshman has been outplaying upperclassmen. She loves it, so it's worth it.

My wife's flutes were both around $5k when she got them in college.

My daughter is using a $1500 flute we scored a good deal on, but she's in Districts and as a freshman has been outplaying upperclassmen. She loves it, so it's worth it.

My wife's flutes were both around $5k when she got them in college.

Good deal - our daughter has been progressing at a fairly surprising clip and by nature I overdo everything so I'm sure I could get by at a different price point.

How old is she? I'm sure this may work, as silly as this may sound. Try putting Vicks Vapor Rub on the bottom of her feet & leave socks or footie PJ's on. Every time my kids get a cough or that tickle in their throat at night we do that and it seems to help.

I haven't posted in here, but my youngest son who is a high school Senior has taken his oath to join the US Navy post graduation.
He will become a Hospital Corpsman.

Super proud of him!

That's awesome buddy following his olde mans foot steps!

So we just had a very, very, VERY loud clap of thunder. Woke Bubby up and scared the living bejezus out of him. So guess who is probably spending the night in our bed? Yay!

Inguinal hernias are annoying. OP Surgery for little man Thursday. Two months, two trips to ER. One merited, one an overreacting on-call ped.

This whole parenting thing is fun. I spend half my time feeling complete and happy, and the other half terrified hahaha!

Inguinal hernias are annoying. OP Surgery for little man Thursday. Two months, two trips to ER. One merited, one an overreacting on-call ped.

This whole parenting thing is fun. I spend half my time feeling complete and happy, and the other half terrified hahaha!
Sorry man. This is the kind of stuff people don't tell you about parenting, and you couldn't really appreciate it if they did. Here's hoping the entire family comes through this with flying colors!

That gets better. It moves to 1/3 complete and happy, 1/3 terrified and 1/3 annoyed. :alien: Luckily all I ever seem to remember is the happy parts.

Hope everything goes well for little man.

haha thanks guys. I've joked with the wife about this part being left out of nearly every conversation I've had about having kids, but I understand why. The highs always outweigh the lows, as long as the lows aren't in the present. He still makes me so happy every time I hang with him.

Also, daz, I'll take annoyed over terrified any day!

What is this? Surgery for a "new born" definitely doesn't sound fun though.

What is this? Surgery for a "new born" definitely doesn't sound fun though.

Happens to about one in every five babies. What makes him a boy (PC enough? aahaha) start in the kidney area and travel south before descending. There are two holes that seal most of the time but in some cases do not seal, causing hernias. This case it means elective surgery (non-emergency) to seal the holes permanently.

It's not fun, absolutely.... but there are much MUCH worse things.

Good luck with the little guys surgery. The happy and terrified feelings are always there when it comes to your kids :)

Happens to about one in every five babies. What makes him a boy (PC enough? aahaha) start in the kidney area and travel south before descending. There are two holes that seal most of the time but in some cases do not seal, causing hernias. This case it means elective surgery (non-emergency) to seal the holes permanently.

It's not fun, absolutely.... but there are much MUCH worse things.

Well...that does not sound like fun at all. Hope all goes well for him and you guys. This would definitely fall into the terrifying half of parenting.

Back