THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Hey now. That card is still intact sir. Consider yourself and your squad lucky that I won't be there!

No, it's not intact. You just don't realize it yet. #WaitUntilYouHaveKids...

So for all those following along yesterday with Alt Shot and Best Ball, how will you prep for these formats. As you can see several matches quickly changed when the teams got to Alt Shot. It is by far one of the most fun and nerve racking formats.

After you hit a bad shot, do you apologize to your partner or provide motivation?

Several times yesterday Dhartman and I put the other in positions we probably weren't the most comfortable. Each time we ended up pulling out the shot.

No apologies, just encouragement. I expect to hit some bad shots and expect my partner to as well. It'll be how we recover from those shots that determines the outcome because they're going to happen from both teams.

Hope some of you guys followed along the live update and scoring thread from this past weekend, saw the drone footage and the rest of the talk.

Hope some of you guys followed along the live update and scoring thread from this past weekend, saw the drone footage and the rest of the talk.

The drone footage was pretty awesome. Following along that event was pretty cool for anyone but especially for someone who is newer and hasn't had an opportunity to do so yet. Certainly a lot to look forward to in the coming months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard not to...

We were #Trending and that speaks volumes!

Hard not to...

We were #Trending and that speaks volumes!
Second event ive ever seen trending. Thats big time. I think Ohio vs Michigan may have a few different #'s trending lol

So for all those following along yesterday with Alt Shot and Best Ball, how will you prep for these formats. As you can see several matches quickly changed when the teams got to Alt Shot. It is by far one of the most fun and nerve racking formats.

After you hit a bad shot, do you apologize to your partner or provide motivation?

Several times yesterday Dhartman and I put the other in positions we probably weren't the most comfortable. Each time we ended up pulling out the shot.

I embrace Alt shot.
Bring it on!

I embrace Alt shot.
Bring it on!

I could get in your head.

Alternate is by far my favorite format and will suit Boulder Creek well. Nerves will be tested.

Alternate is by far my favorite format and will suit Boulder Creek well. Nerves will be tested.

Because I cave into pressure....
When people try to get into my head, I get more focused. Are you sure you want that to happen? or would you rather re laugh and have a great time?

Or would you like me to be more focused while laughing and having a great time?

When people try to get into my head, I get more focused. Are you sure you want that to happen? or would you rather re laugh and have a great time?

I'd rather you 3 putt hole 18 and send me on my way to True Tempers HQ so I can get my MVP trip on

Hey there! Are you talking about something like this scenario?

fa55b37444a01b7cea2e494230771448.jpg

Talk about irony!

BTW, what shot did you try and play and what was the outcome? Were you happy with it?

It was total irony. He got what he wished for. That shot is a whole lot harder staring down 2 opponents balls sitting there waiting to be putted for birdie. We all got quite the laugh when this happened. He did hit a pretty good shot. Definitely was hard to get the ball to stop yesterday with the frozen ground. #RR prep at it's finest.

I love AS!! I really hope I make the team. I can see myself doing well in AS.

441... I'm here when needed.

The 2 opponents I would pick from the opposing team... That's a tough one to answer. I would rather pick 3. I'm going with, in no particular order.

1. Michigan Slice... Dude eats and breaths THP.

2. Wyzyguy... AKA Gregg... Dude has passion for this event. And has talked some smack... I want him in a match.

3. Lions81... He has a good game and attitude. Plus he could lawyer up when there is a rules issue.

Ok, I'm going 1 step further and listing why I wouldn't want to pick these guys...

1. Michigan Slice... he would get a ton of strokes and make you eat your lunch... He is better than his HC states. You need to watch out for him. He's a sleeper!

2. Wyzyguy... This dude pounds his driver! And I can see him being very competitive.

3. Lions81... This guy is a fairway finder when he's on. Hits his irons well and has a low HC. He's calm and quiet. You need to keep your eye on guys like him. He will get you when your not looking. Plus same as above... He can lawyer up!

Last edited:

Alt shot I just let the shots fall where they may and focus on the next shot. I realize I'll probably put my partner in an undesirable spot at least once, and he'll most likely do the same to me. Just make the best of it and keep focused. Chances are the other team will be going through the same thing at one time or another during the match.

All three. Time for another MS MM match up. That almost sounds like misfits.

I have not doubt if your name is plucked out of the hat that you will be ready.

Interesting thought for the day.

JB mentioned a curveball, have we already seen it? Or is it still to come? Hmmm......

Hmm indeed. I wonder if the captains even know what the curveball is... if there is one....

Maybe in the event of a tie, the captains play 1 hole heads up, sudden death......

Let's flip this question around for everyone, because it's Monday so why not.

You have 2 picks for the opposite team...who would you want to see represent the other State in this battle?

My 2? I'll go with Michigan Slice and Wyzyguy. Both have been active in this thread and outside of it, and both have shown a lot of interest and support of their state since the announcement of this event. Not to say others haven't, but I've just noticed these two out of the remaining Michigan hopefuls. Wyzyguy is a rookie and has also dished out some smack talk and would like to see him have the chance to back it up, even if it doesn't end well for them :alien:. MS is a vet of the site and has been to some events before (including a decently big event), and is probably one of the best guys around to share a round of golf and a beer with.

Very tough question and I don't envy Mike at all. The real problem is picking this early before the golf season and can't see where anyone is golf wise.

I'd love to think that everyone will have their game ready by June. Especially PhillyV, Xhail, ntanygod, Pkorf, and so on.

But if if I had to pick 2 right now. I'd probaly say.

1. Canadan, that's pretty easy of a choice, while I've personally never golfed with him, I've been on the course while he's shooting crazy low numbers.

2. Personally I'd love for Xhail to get in. It would be nice to get some new people in an event. He is a crazy good golfer, a great competitor, a great match play partner, definitely another long hitter for Ohio. Plus it would be nice if it was team Ohio and not team Cleveland.

I see what's going on here. Michigan just wants me on Team Ohio because I don't have the capacity to win Hall of Fame tags.

Well played, Michiganders. Well played.

Very tough question and I don't envy Mike at all. The real problem is picking this early before the golf season and can't see where anyone is golf wise.

I'd love to think that everyone will have their game ready by June. Especially PhillyV, Xhail, ntanygod, Pkorf, and so on.

But if if I had to pick 2 right now. I'd probaly say.

1. Canadan, that's pretty easy of a choice, while I've personally never golfed with him, I've been on the course while he's shooting crazy low numbers.

2. Personally I'd love for Xhail to get in. It would be nice to get some new people in an event. He is a crazy good golfer, a great competitor, a great match play partner, definitely another long hitter for Ohio. Plus it would be nice if it was team Ohio and not team Cleveland.

Who's from Cleveland? Gunner is the closest but that's it

Who's from Cleveland? Gunner is the closest but that's it

I'm sorry I forgot Metro area doesn't count as that area, remember rainbows and unicorns...

I'm sorry I forgot Metro area doesn't count as that area, remember rainbows and unicorns...

Was just a question. I can see where this is gonna go so I will head back to the rest of the forum and enjoy my evening

Was just a question. I can see where this is gonna go so I will head back to the rest of the forum and enjoy my evening

Honestly where can this topic go? Don't be weird. You or I can't help there is a strong Cleveland presence on THP. I mean it's great, especially when it comes to outings and get togethers. All I was saying is I hope all the picks don't come from NE Ohio as there are good THPers all across the state.

Hopefully by the time we get to alt shot. I will have been able to judge what my partner needs and respond accordingly. If my partner puts me in a tough spot, he doesn't need to apologize. He didn't intend to put me there and is probably no worse than any spot I put my self in.

In any team format but especially alt shot. Good communication between teammates goes along way in avoiding any tense moments

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I see what's going on here. Michigan just wants me on Team Ohio because I don't have the capacity to win Hall of Fame tags.

Well played, Michiganders. Well played.

That changes this December. And if selected, this June

Honestly where can this topic go? Don't be weird. You or I can't help there is a strong Cleveland presence on THP. I mean it's great, especially when it comes to outings and get togethers. All I was saying is I hope all the picks don't come from NE Ohio as there are good THPers all across the state.

So far I would say it's a good mix of the state - Certifi_able and I are both from NW Ohio.

Back