Do You ConsiderYourself Predominantly a Hitter, Thrower or Swinger?

• Hitter

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Thrower

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Swinger

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Wut da hell, I just go at the ball.

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters

theoverswinger

Reaction score
Handicap
16.2 UNHS
A Hitter uses mainly arm action to "hit" at the ball.

A Thrower slings the clubhead like a baseball pitcher and relies on the right-to-left weight transfer.

A Swinger relies on the coiling and uncoiling of the torso, using a rounder motion rather than a lateral weight shift.

Now most of us may use more than one of these methods, but which one are you predominantly?

I believe im a thrower............??????

I'm a hitter, to my detriment IMO.

maybe thrower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm a swinger but do the other two once in a while which is what causes my inconsistency sometimes!

Swinger here. When I get to quick I am hitter. Usually causes it to not be great

I think I float between swinger and hitter. When I get handsy or outside inny I become a hitter

I would say I am a swinger...I was trying to keep that info. personal.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I would think I am more of a hitter

I would think I am more of a hitter

It's a tough question. Never thought about it like that

A hitter I guess. I may have a nice coil but I start my swing with my arms all too often giving my that awesome OTT move.

Hitter that randomly sneaks a swing in

I think I started life as a hitter, but am definitely a swinger now.

Is "Destroyer" an option?

I'm between hitter and swinger

I'm a hitter, but trying to change that.

I'd have to guess "thrower" because I use a lot of leg and I guess left/right weight transfer seems in sync with that.

When things go well a little thrower/swinger...but that darn hitter comes out on the course way way way too much.

Hitter I would say. And I actually like it. I could stand to learn more about how to effectively lag the club, but I generate good power and it's accurate. Others who said hitter seems to say it as a bad thing, but I'd describe someone like Stenson as a hitter and he does just fine.

Hitter I would say. And I actually like it. I could stand to learn more about how to effectively lag the club, but I generate good power and it's accurate. Others who said hitter seems to say it as a bad thing, but I'd describe someone like Stenson as a hitter and he does just fine.

These are three ways to propel the golf ball. None of them is the "wrong" way. Whatever works for your body type and temperament.

These are three ways to propel the golf ball. None of them is the "wrong" way. Whatever works for your body type and temperament.

No argument from me there.

I really don't know how to answer this but I do shift my weight a lot but also turn my shoulders more than 90 degrees.

I really don't know how to answer this but I do shift my weight a lot but also turn my shoulders more than 90 degrees.

Your avatar looks like a Thrower.

I believe I am a thrower, but the swinging is coming along.

All of the above?

Back