Jason Finley - The Golf Industry Uncut Volume 6 - THP Radio

Started to listen to this in the hot tub and drifted off. Great listen, and intend to pick up where I apparently left off tomorrow.

Will listen on the road in to work tomorrow. Always a good start to a Monday.

Great, listen I'm a huge fan of the #THPRadio #IndustryUncut

And to think I've been pronouncing it Kuro Cage all this time...

What a great listen and love the excitement in the Callaway building around the Grandaddy. It's as much of a competion to them to get in as it is us .

Great listen so now my question is.... Is that air cannon job still vacant?

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Another good one! Ketchup on a hot dog? Cmon man! Expected a few more digs on THP, but what else can he say....all the man does is win!

I also enjoyed about how he started with callaway, the frequent bag changes and Jrods hdcp!

Listening to Finley talk Grandaddy just brings a smile to my face.

I've got this downloaded for tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to another great episode!

Fantastic episode. I really love how these are uncut so you know it's not edited and swayed a certain direction.

Awesome listen! I was a bit concerned when my feed dropped off mid sentence by Finley, but it was just my headphones dying lol.

Really interesting to hear how he started out in the industry!

Started from the mailroom (sort of), now he's here
Started from the mailroom, now a 5-time Hall of Famer

I expected DarthFinley to be a good listen and he didn't disappoint. Great job for calling out some ZooCrewers!

Always good to hear from Jason. Glad he followed his passion for golf and Callaway. Love that the Granddaddy is a coveted for them as it is for THPrs.

This episode just sucked me right in. I could listen to Grandaddy talk all day. I've never been more excited to start a season than I am this year. Finley does a good job walking through the whole event, even if he does throw a few (deserved) jabs. At least he doesn't discriminate, the ZooCrew got a few sent their way too! I feel like I was just on that bus to Palm Springs last week. I'll be giving this episode another listen.

Finley was really good.

But -- his ketchup preference now makes him dead to me.

Sorry. Rules are rules.

follow up post re: the infamous JRod handicap.... Sounds like I need to be a 'serious golfer' 10 in December as well hahahaha #SureWayTo68

The other option would be to pair him with someone who will get him in super serious mode (if that's even possible :p)

Enjoyed hearing from Jason. Really a down to earth guy. Did not realize he had worked the R&D side prior to moving over to Marketing.

Another great episode! I really enjoy the Callaway guys, lots of information and they all seem very down to earth.

Just listened to it for a second time, it was great. A 10 handicap shot a 68/69 in a shamble... that must be a great story. I guess I've got more reading to do to get the details on that!!

I didn't know how Finley got into the golf business and on at Callaway followed by what all he has done there, very cool to hear the background. Air cannon to start a career! Interesting about his favorite product to launch was the Chrome Soft considering how much equipment they've launched throughout the years.

TT XP95's in the irons...unsure why but that kinda surprised me. Desert golf talk was amusing, love it.

Finley said it perfectly, the Grandaddy is something that simply can't be bought...just incredible what it is and an amazing opportunity.

Curly fry, yes!!

Listened on the way in.

It was all great. But the part about sitting around and talking golf equipment and golf biz with Chop and the R&D folks is an experience you just can't buy.

I also liked how he just throws in casually, "while the Pro tour staff" builds the clubs. Ha

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that a whole lot of people are going to be listening to this one soon.

It's nice to hear how people got their start in the industry. So many of us on THP have grown up working at local courses doing random jobs and I'm no different. I also worked my way through school working at multiple courses, from caddying, bag room boy, pro shop attendant, outside service supervisor, etc. It's great to hear that Finley is no different and it's promising to hear for any industry that people can make it to such high level positions after starting at the bottom.

Finley's bag is deep - #InternetNerdy lol. I really want to try the XR wood line and the new Apex CF irons (again).

Best of luck to Finley in #TheGauntlet this year. Sounds like he really wants to win and will do whatever it takes to keep JRod from winning again. Hahaha bring the first aid kit for AJ and please get the cactus shot on video!

TheGrandaddy in a nutshell - one of the best events outside of the professional tour! HOLY SMOKE he just said that! And you don't have to pay for it! Can't get any better than that!!! I absolutely cannot wait to hear about the final itinerary because it's going to blow minds and I hope I'm part of this mind explosion experience!

Last edited:
Up early and listening. Fantastic listen, and I'm a Finley fan.

Great podcast and a good explanation of what #TheGrandaddy means.

Great episode. Always love hearing Finley talk golf and #TheGrandaddy.

Back