PXG 0811X Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This one is new and features less dong than the Darkness. For those wondering it is a black and white USGA photo.

NEWPXG-0811x-M.jpg

Less dong is a good thing.

At least there is no male body parts on that one.

Awesome!! Can't wait to see the $$$ on this one.

At some point, I'll hit some PXG equipment, but it probably won't be any time soon. Just so far out of my range.

This should be interesting!

The USGA colors are a perfect fit. After all, PXG's "colors are black and white for a reason".

Be interesting to see how this differs from the other driver. Looks like less screws, so maybe a smaller head?

Less phallic imagery is always good. Looks to be ok. I'm still not sold on sheer number of screws used for adjusting weight.

Less dong? I was hoping there would be even more dong, like add one on the top for an alignment aid!

Looking forward to hearing more on this driver. Definitely like the overall look of the head. Very stealthy looking.

• Admin
The USGA colors are a perfect fit. After all, PXG's "colors are black and white for a reason".

Be interesting to see how this differs from the other driver. Looks like less screws, so maybe a smaller head?

Smaller head, more flighting ability.

will they be at #clubclash?

Sometimes too much dong can be a bad thing, they righted the ship with this version

I'm sure they caught a lot of flack for the last design. This one looks better, for sure.

Less dongness is more goodness!

The standard model is likely the better fit for me, and I'm looking forward to running into someone who has one to hit it - smaller/low spin sounds like a bad combo for me.

I just want to hit these drivers. Price is still mind boggling at times but they aren't much higher than xxio.

PXG - Black and White because we're sexy and our clubs are they best that have ever been made, and we'll tell you that in every commercial. Or something.

Snarkiness aside, I actually don't mind the look of this one. I like the shape quite a bit, but as others have said, the higher spin one is likely a better fit for me.

Is that going to be their tagline for the ads

"less dong than the darkness"

Im surprised we haven't heard the "OMG, look at all of these releases". :act-up:

I really like the looks of PXG clubs. But what's with all the releases? Not even TM has this many:alien: sorry JB I had too.

Im surprised we haven't heard the "OMG, look at all of these releases". :act-up:

Maybe not so much of an outcry as it is a brand many of us will never see in person. I suppose the argument could also be that it is a new brand, putting out their first major line of gear.

Looks much better than the other model.

I really like the looks of PXG clubs. But what's with all the releases? Not even TM has this many:alien: sorry JB I had too.

yeah, this is going to kill resale value! :alien:

I kinda like the looks of this one but man they hurt the wallet

Releases are good for consumer even if it's the high end ones. I have no issue with number of releases

Hopefully this isn't a trend.

Back