The Classroom - What is Swing Plane

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great article Panda! Informative and easy to understand.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

nicely done Freddie. Short and to the point.

Simple, easy to understand, and to the point. Thanks, Freddie.

I'm starting to learn what I thought was on plane is more flat than anything. Good read. Thanks, Freddie!

Sounds easy to me to bad the body doesn't listen often.

Great explanation. Very simple and easy to understand.

Nice job.According to my pro our posture/body determines how the swing plane is that day.Manufacturing it can be bad news when I tried to force it

Good read!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Great job freddie, its something I have been working on, but i find it very hard to master for 18 holes

Great installment to the Classroom Freddie. The KISS rule is always best. Easy to understand presentation. Thanks!

JM

Easy to understand. Hard to duplicate. Could a broken shoulder blade/shattered clavicle be the reason my plane is flat? Or is it because I'm starting the swing wrong?

Nice and clear.

I would love to see some additional pictures with lines showing flat and upright at contact as well as the backswing pics that are already shown. (Like the Hogan pics with the lines)

And maybe this is for part 2, but what are the dangers of a flat v upright swing plan?

Nice and straight forward for us simple people like me. Thanks Tadashi.

I wonder what topics people want to hear about in regards to the golf swing. Let me know and I'll share.

I wonder what topics people want to hear about in regards to the golf swing. Let me know and I'll share.
Sequence...tempo, it's brought up a lot. I think people see/feel it differently as to what is the best and what can cause it to get off.

The more I try to relax the body the easier it seems to be possibly? Down to the grip relax is hard when I get on the course.

Could you weave your magic on tempo/sequence?

Short, to the point and easy to understand. Thanks Freddie.

Sequence...tempo, it's brought up a lot. I think people see/feel it differently as to what is the best and what can cause it to get off.

The more I try to relax the body the easier it seems to be possibly? Down to the grip relax is hard when I get on the course.

Could you weave your magic on tempo/sequence?

Lag, what it is, why we want it, how we get it, where we fail.

I can cover these topics, thanks for the suggestions

Freddie, how does one plane vs two plane swing theory apply to this or is it a different topic altogether?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Freddie, how does one plane vs two plane swing theory apply to this or is it a different topic altogether?

Whether you have a single or dual plane swing, it's all about the plane. Most golfers have a two plane swing, even at the top of the food chain.

Whether you have a single or dual plane swing, it's all about the plane. Most golfers have a two plane swing, even at the top of the food chain.
So with single there's no dropping into the "slot" like with dual. Kind of like Kuchar vs most of the other Pros?

So with single there's no dropping into the "slot" like with dual. Kind of like Kuchar vs most of the other Pros?

The slot doesn't need to be dropped into on a single plane swing. The club stays in the groove from start to finish.

Back