Wonder about the $50? Its a great denomination, wonder if they change it from Grant if it would change the luck.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Applying today's values and ideals to our founding fathers and those identified through history as playing a significant role in the development of this nation is crazy. With out their efforts you wouldn't be talking about it. Saying Jackson owned slaves as a counter to this is a shame. As unfortunate as slavery was and still is. It was the way of life way back then.

Never said anything about slaves, I said he was an Indian killer, and he was.

Also, him being on a central bank note in the first place is HILARIOUS.

I'm all for change, but do people still use cash? Seems to be a waste of resources on all fronts

I'm all for change, but do people still use cash? Seems to be a waste of resources on all fronts

I have cash on me at all times. Don't use it very much, but you never know when you need cash instead of a card.

[Will now keep wallet in car at THP events... ]

Like many others have said, I really like the changes. It's neat to see the currency change from time to time, and it's a good way to get the younger generation to ask questions about history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have cash on me at all times. Don't use it very much, but you never know when you need cash instead of a card.

Which car was that??

My preferred currency is beer

Supposed to be 4 years until this happens, waiting to see if it actually occurs...

I carry cash, it's just easier most of the time .

If it's still worth $20....then they can put whomever they'd like on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Fup's post of moving away from putting people on the bills, I would say more but I am sure it would get misinterpreted ... but at some point we need to stop looking in the rearview mirror, and take accountability for the future, in our actions and our choices ... at some point we need to recognize we are all humans living on the same freaking planet ...

Kind of cool but can't say it really matters to me that much, as long as the money spends the same thats all that matters to me really. I know some will say I should care a bit more I just don't as of right now.

In the wide range of sh!t I need to worry about, who is on the $20 bill is way down towards the bottom. Way down.

I do not think there is some sinister agenda or push for black/women/gay/or whatever to be forced on us. This just isn't that big of a deal.

I would be totally cool with putting our achievements on our money rather then dead leaders. Wired had a great article on this very subject

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/money-designed-celebrate-science-instead-presidents/

USD_2014_set_back_low-copy.jpg
I mean that's cool.

We've pretty much stopped teaching about history in school from what I understand so we should probably just act like this place spontaneously came about.

Why pay homage to those that built this country with blood sweat and tears. I don't mean to single you put Fupy but I'm so tired of this John Lennon imagine bull crap.

It's fine in theory but maybe we should deal with reality.

Rant over.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I mean that's cool.

We've pretty much stopped teaching about history in school from what I understand so we should probably just act like this place spontaneously came about.

Why pay homage to those that built this country with blood sweat and tears. I don't mean to single you put Fupy but I'm so tired of this John Lennon imagine bull crap.

Rant over.

As far as our HS students today know, the U.S. started at reconstruction.

Try that on for size.

Its appalling.

I mean that's cool.

Rant over.

No offense, and I understand your viewpoint. I just believe we have done things in the last 100 years that are amazing and would serve to celebrate and inspire. This country used to be a place that did amazing things as a collective and if we are going to get past this partisan ******** we need to get back to what made this country great in the last 100 years. I think celebrating the achievements of people who still walk among us today would be an incredibly modern way to move forward.

New $20 Bill

Try that on for size.

Its appalling.

But not surprising since that period represents the first major shift away from Federalism as the founders set forth.

Last edited:
I fully understand the want to diversify but I think Frederick Douglass would have been a much better fit.

Sad part is most young people probably don't even know who either of those people are.

I would agree with that statement

As a native Virginian, I sometimes wonder if being born and raised in one of the original 13 has an impact on the way I perceive our Nation's history and its founding principles. Not many had the same opportunity for the annual field trip to Jamestown and Williamsburg.

Andrew Jackson wasn't exactly the shining beacon of greatness, looking back at it.

Try that on for size.

Its appalling.

do they know who fought in the civil war? I've seen some interviews on college campus where college students have no clue who fought in the war, what it was about and who won.

do they know who fought in the civil war? I've seen some interviews on college campus where college students have no clue who fought in the war, what it was about and who won.

Hardly. Its bad dude.

But, because we have to teach to a test, and the American Revolution and Civil War aren't on that test, they aren't taught.

Back