2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Back on my clean eating, and back to back days of great workouts and I hit my goal weight of 185. Pretty excited about that. Now to maintain, which is the hard part.

2 days without exercising for me, I feel weird

I've been reading studies on what runners eat and that's where I get lost sometimes. Most say stay away from fiber and I understand why . I think today I will increase my calories as I know they been low so to speak.

Thanks and looking forward to it.
Did you do any experimenting with gels or gummy snacks on your longer runs? Those will come in handy during the race.

Back on my clean eating, and back to back days of great workouts and I hit my goal weight of 185. Pretty excited about that. Now to maintain, which is the hard part.

Congrats! I was really impressed hearing your weight loss journey at club clash.

I weighed this morning and I am still below 170. I still can't workout much because of the shingles ... so about all I can do is walk, and even that is painful at times. I still want to hit 160-165.

There is this one girl at my OT class that I really enjoy working out with. Whenever she is there we always work out side by side and push each other. Whenever I want to quit, she keeps me motivated, and today when she wanted to quit I did the same for her. It's really nice to have a partner to help push you.

Kicking around get back into the triathlon game again. Maybe a couple sprint versions....no where near ready for the long hauls.

They have these at Publix, I actually almost bought them yesterday when I was grocery shopping for the week. Let me know how they are, because I am always looks for a good dessert/sweet item for my cravings.

Good luck with the marathon! Two of the trainers at my Orange Theory gym ran 31.1 miles on Monday, then they both went to a local diner and told them to keep bringing pancakes until they said stop ha.

Okay mint chocolate chip is phenomenal

Kicking around get back into the triathlon game again. Maybe a couple sprint versions....no where near ready for the long hauls.
Yeah?

I've never done one, but have been challenged to do an Ironman in Fall of 2017.

Not sure if I want to train for that.

Yeah?

I've never done one, but have been challenged to do an Ironman in Fall of 2017.

Not sure if I want to train for that.

The hardest part is the run for me. But let me be clear. I do these just to feel what feels like to cross the finish line. And sprints are a cake walk compared to that iron man business.

Just an insight from someone who doesn't know much.. I was talking to another THPer today, and I mentioned how important setting goals is for all of this. Even if they are really bold, it helps keep you focused/motivated.

My goal I set about a month ago, was to have visible abs by 4th of July. Is it bold? Sure is, I am sitting at about 19-20% body fat currently, and I am guessing to see anything I will need to be about 12-14%, so it is going to require a lot of focus and commitment, but it something I really want. If I don't get there, it will be okay, but it keeps me motivated.

Just an insight from someone who doesn't know much.. I was talking to another THPer today, and I mentioned how important setting goals is for all of this. Even if they are really bold, it helps keep you focused/motivated.

My goal I set about a month ago, was to have visible abs by 4th of July. Is it bold? Sure is, I am sitting at about 19-20% body fat currently, and I am guessing to see anything I will need to be about 12-14%, so it is going to require a lot of focus and commitment, but it something I really want. If I don't get there, it will be okay, but it keeps me motivated.

Goals are so important. Right now, my goal is to get my eating under control, that is the hardest part for me. That, and increasing my base pace on the treadmill.

One of the girls from OT invited me to go paddle boarding next week, so that should be a fun experience, and a bit of a workout. I have never been paddle boarding before, and I am the lest athletic person to ever live, so it should be entertaining if nothing else.

Goals are so important. Right now, my goal is to get my eating under control, that is the hardest part for me. That, and increasing my base pace on the treadmill.

One of the girls from OT invited me to go paddle boarding next week, so that should be a fun experience, and a bit of a workout. I have never been paddle boarding before, and I am the lest athletic person to ever live, so it should be entertaining if nothing else.

That's awesome! Reward yourself with many Greek Yogurt bars.

One thing that has really helped me is the availability of healthier options for things I enjoy. I used to crush a pint of Ben and Jerrys without thinking, but with things like Halo Top or these Greek Yogurt bars, I can satisfy that craving without putting a dent in my weight loss efforts. Same thing with the Lean Cuisine flatbread pizzas.. No they aren't the real thing, but they taste pretty good and it almost feels like a cheat meal without actually being one.

Was a little worried about maintaining the rooters I have seen over the last month when I went to club clash. First day on the scale I was 1/2 lb up but the last two days I have been back to where I was before I left.

flexible dieting has been great along with working out has helped get me on track to dropping the body fat. I gp have about 4% body fat left to go to meet my goal of being sub 10.

Was a little worried about maintaining the rooters I have seen over the last month when I went to club clash. First day on the scale I was 1/2 lb up but the last two days I have been back to where I was before I left.

flexible dieting has been great along with working out has helped get me on track to dropping the body fat. I gp have about 4% body fat left to go to meet my goal of being sub 10.

Dang dude. Sub 10 is very impressive. You will be ripped. I don't know if I will ever get to sub 10, but I know 12-14% is easily obtainable for me if I continue to put in the work.

Dang dude. Sub 10 is very impressive. You will be ripped. I don't know if I will ever get to sub 10, but I know 12-14% is easily obtainable for me if I continue to put in the work.

We will see. Goal is to get rid of the belly fat and not be the skinny fat anymore. I have a few more weeks with my trainer/nutrition guy and plan to so another 16 weeks with him.

We will see. Goal is to get rid of the belly fat and not be the skinny fat anymore. I have a few more weeks with my trainer/nutrition guy and plan to so another 16 weeks with him.

If you are skinny fat then I'm freaking whale.

I cannot begin to explain how nice it is to have a workout partner again.

I pushed myself harder today that I have in a long time because I had someone pushing with me.

I feel totally rejuvenated and motivated again.

I pushed myself harder today that I have in a long time because I had someone pushing with me.

It's always great to have someone to be there to push you. Makes you work harder without trying to force yourself. Takes the mental aspect out of it, for me anyway.

It's always great to have someone to be there to push you. Makes you work harder without trying to force yourself. Takes the mental aspect out of it, for me anyway.

Same here. It becomes more of a friendly competition in a way, and it's so damn motivating. We are talking about taking some hot yoga classes together too, and maybe going for a run on the beach, or biking through the pinellas trail. I am so re-energized!

Its even better for me, because it's my daughter, and soon to be two daughters ....

A short story long: We both are in the weight room at OT, and we are suppose to go heavy. I usually do not push too hard in weights, so I go grab the 20lbs dumb bells ... we start the exercise, and I look over at my daughter, and she is rocking the 25lbs! Grrr ... I had to go at least match her.

GG, really happy you found a partner!

Well since the beginning of the year I have gone the wrong direction. Gained 10 pounds and haven't been eating very well at all. It all changes on Monday, time to start taking advantage of the gym in my building and no more eating fast food daily for lunches!!! Got 30 days till May long weekend, goal is to lose at least 10 pounds!

Back