Your Current Club Battle

Nead 8802 and Cure CX2 - should be a good one since they're both completely different.

Also not necessarily club battle but a shaft battle, gamer is a pxv shaft vs elements helium shaft in my driver

Not a club battle per say but I just got a hold of an Adilia RIP Alpha 60 driver shaft and trying to see its better than my Fujikura Pro 63.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9* w/ Kuro Kage black 60s
10* w/ Speeder Evolution 661 TS stiff

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

I've found that these two shafts are really similar. In fact, when I first swung the Kuro Kage 60-x, I immediately thought that it felt just like the Speeder 661

I've got a battle going on between the Apex Hybrid and the Titleist 816H2. I demoed the 816H2 yesterday and loved it. I really need to get a hold of an Apex to compare it to. I really dont want to decide without hitting the Apex. Stupid mountains and their lack of golf shops.

My smart sole S vs an SM6 58* that I have been messing with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mizzi jpx ez forged vs w/s f5 tour. One of these is getting purchased this week. I've hit them enough to know. Soooo on the fence with this. Grrrrr

Callaway XR irons vs Cobra F6 irons. I play the XR's but really liked the F6 7-iron I hit at Golfsmith. The dilemma is the F6 8-iron thru PW is a different style head than the 7-iron and I'm hesitant to pull the trigger without being able to hit that style head

Callaway XR irons vs Cobra F6 irons. I play the XR's but really liked the F6 7-iron I hit at Golfsmith. The dilemma is the F6 8-iron thru PW is a different style head than the 7-iron and I'm hesitant to pull the trigger without being able to hit that style head
Check out the review on the homepage and thread here on the forum for the F6.

They're definitely progressive, but not daunting at all.

Currently having quite the struggle between a Nike Vapor Fly and Fly Pro.
The look of the Fly Pro is much more appealing and I enjoy the flight and distance on my good shots which are pretty consistent on a good day(and with a good attitude that is) but on the bad days it seems like the Fly is the only option.

My battle is a bit strange.....5 iron, 5 hybrid, 60 degree wedge.....can only keep 2 out of the three....

My battle is over a driver. I bought a Ping G30 SFT early this year and about a month ago I bought a Cobra Fly-Z XL because I liked the XL fairways I have so much. The XL's are dirt cheap.

I really like the feel of the G30 when I hit it and overall I just like it better. The problem is, I hit the Cobra better and more consistently. Maybe not always longer, but it just goes straighter. I am doing everything I can to game the Ping, (my old driver was a G10), but I got the Cobra because of consistency issues I had on the course with the Ping. So the Cobra is staying in the bag for now.

John

Well, my GBB vs Legacy Black driver battle ended, but now I have an XR pro coming in. Soo...driver battle round 2 will commence this week.

Also, have an XR16 pro 3 wood coming in that will battle the current XR pro 3 wood. I'm not thinking that will be much of a battle though.

Two bag/club battles right now.

5i vs. 5h - it's one or the other

My 2009 Nike Dymo Str8fit vs. a newer driver.

The Nike is darn good, it's tuned the way I like it (44"/D2) and when I'm swinging well & hit the sweet spot it's great. But I feel I am giving up a lot when I don't get the sweet spot/mishit. And I'm thinking that today's tech is providing a great combo of distance and forgiveness. I just need to find a shaft/head combo that feels as natural as the Nike does to me. Hit an M2 yesterday on a sim and I was wicked straight with it. Guy at the shop asked if I was always that straight as my side-to-side dispersion was 10 yards (& I hate hitting on sims).

I've found that these two shafts are really similar. In fact, when I first swung the Kuro Kage 60-x, I immediately thought that it felt just like the Speeder 661

Agreed. The main difference I have seen (though with no monitor data to back up) is the spin. I definitely see a bit more back spin with the KK, but with the Speeder I get more side spin. If I could fix my swing, the Speeder would be killer.

Agreed. The main difference I have seen (though with no monitor data to back up) is the spin. I definitely see a bit more back spin with the KK, but with the Speeder I get more side spin. If I could fix my swing, the Speeder would be killer.
I can see that happening in regards to the side spin. Ive had some mishits with my M1/KK combo that should have sliced into the farthest reaches of the course property, but didnt. The side spin you speak of could well be the reason. Interesting.

At Club Clash, I had mid-2k spin with the KK so its low enough spin for me.

I can see that happening in regards to the side spin. Ive had some mishits with my M1/KK combo that should have sliced into the farthest reaches of the course property, but didnt. The side spin you speak of could well be the reason. Interesting.

At Club Clash, I had mid-2k spin with the KK so its low enough spin for me.

The TiNi is a little lower spinning than the original model I have in the Yonex. Maybe picking up one of those will give me a best of both worlds result. Now I have to go looking for another shaft. Lol.

Nothing specific for me as of right now. I'm just leaning on adding an Apex hybrid and removing my 4 iron...so there may be a battle with that.

The TiNi is a little lower spinning than the original model I have in the Yonex. Maybe picking up one of those will give me a best of both worlds result. Now I have to go looking for another shaft. Lol.
Haha, always something out there to go chasing.

Being that we both swing pretty hard and we both like the 661, I think the KK TiNi would fit you very well. Im a huge fan so far. I did go X-Stiff in the KK, as I would have the 661, where I usually game an S flex due to the smooth transition i have. Figured Id throw that tidbit in there too

Current putter (white hot pro 2.0 Rossi) v. new V-Line Fang. I haven't purchased the V-Line but give it a stroke or two every time I'm at the local shop and it's a beauty. It doesn't help I see it on both the PGA and Championship Tours to keep the idea present.

Haha, always something out there to go chasing.

Being that we both swing pretty hard and we both like the 661, I think the KK TiNi would fit you very well. Im a huge fan so far. I did go X-Stiff in the KK, as I would have the 661, where I usually game an S flex due to the smooth transition i have. Figured Id throw that tidbit in there too

Also, are you playing the black or silver TiNi model? I may pick up a standard silver as well just to try. Never hurts to have a couple extra shafts to try out.

Also, are you playing the black or silver TiNi model? I may pick up a standard silver as well just to try. Never hurts to have a couple extra shafts to try out.
Ive got the TiNi Silver in 60X

Very cool thread... Seems like there is always a battle going on in the bag, and if there isn't I will find a way to make one! LOL... Biggest battle right now would be the driver... Fly Z+, Fly Z, and the good ol' 910 D2. I wish I could combine all 3 but have to settle on one soon. I think the Fly Z is a nice combination of the other two, so it may get the final nod.

No clash here. I just recently rounded out my bag to 14 clubs, I'd like to enjoy it for a while, work on my actual game than work on clubs.

My XR16 3 wood and 816 3 wood are currently duking it out for a spot in the "A" bag. The XR16 series of drivers and fairway woods are NO joke.

Now that golf season as far as HS tournaments are concerned is over, the driver throwdown ends THIS WEEK.

JGR vs XR16.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Back