Your Current Club Battle

Ive been in and out of battles, wanted new wedges but found my swing with my current ones, same with the driver. Although I am still eyeing picking up a driving iron.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Today was a slugfest between the JGR and XR16. Went 38 with each as the tee club on that 9. Missed only 2 fairways. Crazy.

Today was a slugfest between the JGR and XR16. Went 38 with each as the tee club on that 9. Missed only 2 fairways. Crazy.
Sounds like ya cant lose with either

Sounds like ya cant lose with either
Jumped on my LM after the round to compare more since this jgr is a 10.5 head and with the xr at 12.5.

JGR - 161 ball speed, 2570 spin, 14.1 LA

XR16 - 161 ball speed, 2700 spin, 14.0 LA

Um, a coin flip might be necessary?

Jumped on my LM after the round to compare more since this jgr is a 10.5 head and with the xr at 12.5.

Gooooo JGR!

No problem with either, that is a good thing. Both great drivers. Use one for the travel bag?

No problem with either, that is a good thing. Both great drivers. Use one for the travel bag?
Wrong answer eddie.. JGR dominates and he sells the xr to me

Wrong answer eddie.. JGR dominates and he sells the xr to me
I like that thought too. I bet the XR would make a great addition to your bag.

Interesting. Last weekend both provided numbers that were close to each other (granted the xr16 was also at 10.5)

Interesting. Last weekend both provided numbers that were close to each other (granted the xr16 was also at 10.5)

And don't forget, the JGR we had was 9.5!

They were just as close for me there though too, definitely were my 1a and 1b followed surprisingly close by the Nike Fly.

And don't forget, the JGR we had was 9.5!

They were just as close for me there though too, definitely were my 1a and 1b followed surprisingly close by the Nike Fly.

I thought the JGR was 10.5 so that makes it even more interesting. I definitely had the xr16 and JGR near the top. I ended up with the xr16 pro as it gave me a few extra mph on ball speed and then hit Kangs on the range Sunday.

the great thing is so many good drivers that we as consumers have lots if options and can choose what works best. Also was interesting to see how many performed very similar and really made decisions about more personal,things like sound, feel, looks.

I thought the JGR was 10.5 so that makes it even more interesting. I definitely had the xr16 and JGR near the top. I ended up with the xr16 pro as it gave me a few extra mph on ball speed and then hit Kangs on the range Sunday.

the great thing is so many good drivers that we as consumers have lots if options and can choose what works best. Also was interesting to see how many performed very similar and really made decisions about more personal,things like sound, feel, looks.

It makes me smile, mainly because I look back at all those critical comments of reviews never being negative enough and laugh. Its like we have ALWAYS said here, there simply isn't bad equipment being produced, they will all fit someone best.

Your Current Club Battle

Currently testing Nike Vapor fly pro vs XR16. Both at 10.5 although at this point, Nike is making big gains over the Xr16. Bigger issue is the backup set of irons and wedges that are challenging to make the bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still deciding between the cure rx3f and 2016 Scotty newport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes me smile, mainly because I look back at all those critical comments of reviews never being negative enough and laugh. Its like we have ALWAYS said here, there simply isn't bad equipment being produced, they will all fit someone best.
Stop with this reasonable line of thinking. (Insert smiley sarcastic thingy) There are soooo many good options.
Current driver battle:

Cobra King LTD
Callaway BBA DBD
+ a driver to be discussed tomorrow afternoon
This interests me. Perhaps choose the one which takes a touch more effort to hit long and straight... Just thru next weekend.

And, what is this other driver-to-be-named? Will be watching for that.

This interests me. Perhaps choose the one which takes a touch more effort to hit long and straight... Just thru next weekend.

And, what is this other driver-to-be-named? Will be watching for that.

All shall be revealed in the light of day with photos. I swear.

I can't wait til the data comes out and people get to see what we saw last weekend. Was nice to see guys get out if comfort zone and hit drivers they wouldn't normally consider then see the results they had. So glad I was a part of the event. #nodoubtthegamewaschanged

I can't wait til the data comes out and people get to see what we saw last weekend. Was nice to see guys get out if comfort zone and hit drivers they wouldn't normally consider then see the results they had. So glad I was a part of the event. #nodoubtthegamewaschanged
That was one of the best range sessions I have every been apart of. Learned a lot about the new drivers for this year and saw first hand how many great options there are for golfers today.
As for hitting clubs out of your comfort zone, I hit a few and I glad that I did. Very impressed from what I saw.

Iron battle for me. I returned the Mizuno JPX EZ Forged irons to Golfsmith fir the 30 day money back guarantee and hit a ton of irons in the Sim and ended up with the Srixon Z545/Z745 combo set 3-PW with DG S300. Today will tell how they perform on the course as I hit my Taylormade Tour Preferred CB irons so good.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

G irons vs going back to the i25. I know the G are more forgiving, but my contact isn't nearly as good with them.

Right now I have a battle between 3 yonex ezone drivers. All are the 420cc version.
9* w/ Kuro Kage black 70s
9* w/ Kuro Kage black 60s
10* w/ Speeder Evolution 661 TS stiff

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

That was one of the best range sessions I have every been apart of. Learned a lot about the new drivers for this year and saw first hand how many great options there are for golfers today.
As for hitting clubs out of your comfort zone, I hit a few and I glad that I did. Very impressed from what I saw.

it was awesome. Listening to guys talk about drivers and comparing notes, seeing what works and what doesn't. Seeing surprise drivers.

FW/hybrid battle for me. I currently own a few TM RBZ Stage 2 FW's/Hybrids - 17 degree HL 3-wood, 19 degree 5-wood, 21 degree HL 5-wood and a 22 degree hybrid. I've added a 21 degree Ping Crossover to the mix, and am trying to figure out the best set up and stay within the 14 club limit. Right now I'm mixing and matching depending on wind conditions and course conditions.

Back