The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I just hope that if he comes back his PLAY actually warrants all the coverage he's going to get.
His past history warrants some of the coverage he'll receive. Doubt anyone will predict any wins of even a regular event.

This kind of feels like Jordan's second comeback. Will be more about watching to remember, rather than me having any expectations of greatness.

Last edited:
There are parts of this I agree with wholeheartedly. The media is lazy. They will go back hard on Tiger. But I can't say I blame them. Tiger gets eyeballs. So who is to blame. The media or the casual golf fan they are so desperately trying to attract. Tiger attracts those casual fan like none of the current crop of young guns has done.

Saying that, I have been surprisingly impressed with the how the golf media has aggressively promoted the new big 3 over the last 6 months. Obviously they were forced to with Tiger being out. At this point they won't abandon promoting Rory, Jordan and the others. The writing is clearly on the wall regarding Tiger.

I do agree. But let's be honest here, pre shows, post shows, golf nightly, morning drive, etc. these shows aren't attracting the casual fan. Never have, never will. The laziness shines high in this spot.

I imagine they do get a ratings bump when Tiger is the story even on those shows. Would be interesting to see the Nielsen ratings. My guess is the networks don't do any thing without figures.
I do agree. But let's be honest here, pre shows, post shows, golf nightly, morning drive, etc. these shows aren't attracting the casual fan. Never have, never will. The laziness shines high in this spot.

I have never really been a tiger fan. That being said I give him props for what he has done for the game we all love. He was a great asset to the game. He has made it exciting to watch his talent was and hopefully will be great again. I personally hope that if he truly wants to be great again he will be I just can't help thinking he just doesn't have the fire or the edge he needs to compete any more he has the talent no question but does he have the passion. Tiger has nothing left to prove to anyone!

now the question. how many times do we see him prior to that? I know you were checking out those swing videos from the junior clinic the other day. Still can't believe he lost that last Open at Oakmont.
Yeah good question, you'd have to assume we'd see him before without a doubt. Jack's place in May? Seems like a return at a course/tournament he's had GREAT success at would make sense.

Yeah good question, you'd have to assume we'd see him before without a doubt. Jack's place in May? Seems like a return at a course/tournament he's had GREAT success at would make sense.

immediately I'd be thinking either Wells Fargo(earliest), The Players(big stage), or Jack's place. I think it will probably be Jack's place. Sawgrass would make him look downright silly if his game is rusty and off.

I agree with you Deano, The Players would be a mistake in my opinion. He'd miss the cut by a million. Wells Fargo isn't a bad bet though. But if I was a betting man....I'd say we see him at The Memorial. But then again, that's only a couple weeks before the US Open, so not a lot of time for him to "go back home and regroup". I don't know, but I am glad to see some signs that he's heading back somewhat soon.

C'mon Dan.....have faith, it's Tiger Woods y'all!

I agree with you guys. I'm thinking The Players will just not set up well and raise more questions than answers.

I'm thinking he does one of the two Texas stops in a tune up for the Memorial as those might be set up "easier" for him. Either way TW back swinging is great for golf and let's be honest he can shoot 78 both days and it will be must see tv

The event thread he returns for will have eleventy billion posts. 1/3 of the posts will be discussing Tiger play, 1/3 of the posts will be complaining about Tiger and all of the coverage dedicated to him, 1/3 of the posts will be defending Tiger. 12 posts will discuss the other golfers.

The event thread he returns for will have eleventy billion posts. 1/3 of the posts will be discussing Tiger play, 1/3 of the posts will be complaining about Tiger and all of the coverage dedicated to him, 1/3 of the posts will be defending Tiger. 12 posts will discuss the other golfers.

Well at least you have your expectations set correctly, but you left the 2-3 trolls ... calling him Woody and other names, with the sole purpose to piss someone off.

yup that is terrible news, majors are usually fun, his presence will ruin it for everybody. we will be stuck watching a guy shoot in the 80s thurdsday and friday, and will keep hearing about it during the weekend....

If Tiger wins a golf tournament this year the golf world is going to explode.

yup that is terrible news, majors are usually fun, his presence will ruin it for everybody. we will be stuck watching a guy shoot in the 80s thurdsday and friday, and will keep hearing about it during the weekend....
I feel like something is off if one guy can ruin a whole event for you lol

I feel like something is off if one guy can ruin a whole event for you lol

its not if the whole coverage is turning around a guy that can't play

Well if he plays badly he should be gone by the weekend!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Can you give me the lottery numbers while you are at it? Apparently you already know what he is going to shoot months in advance

Based on what he's accomplished in his career thus far, he's going to be news at every event he plays in. Unfortunately it's just the way it is. Once golfers reach a certain level, they stay relevant no matter how they are playing or whether or not they are even playing.

Tiger returning to major would not ruin it for me, I would probably take the days off from work to watch during the day live.

Tiger better play an event or 2 before the US Open

Based on what he's accomplished in his career thus far, he's going to be news at every event he plays in. Unfortunately it's just the way it is. Once golfers reach a certain level, they stay relevant no matter how they are playing or whether or not they are even playing.

you might be right, but I'd rather see the players that are in contention.

until he proves that he can make the cut regularly, he is a washed up hasbeen

I strangely think Sawgrass would help because it would be uncomfortable for him, and he wouldn't need to hit a ton of drivers. Forces him to test every part of his game; and if he MC's its not a huge deal as historically he has struggled there despite the two W's. This is assuming he's healthy enough to play of course.

you might be right, but I'd rather see the players that are in contention.

until he proves that he can make the cut regularly, he is a washed up hasbeen
Do you get upset watching coverage of Watson at the Masters?

Back