Dairy Queen vs Culvers

I had a Culver's concrete mixer last night for the first time. It was pretty dang delicious, I didn't have the luxury of having them back to back like JB, but my gut tells me I would prefer the Culver's.

Culver's all the way. Cheese curds instead of fries ftw.

The richer custard at Culvers compared to the soft serve at DQ makes Culvers the winner to me. The two times I have had Culvers, it was awesome.

Never tried Culvers. Are they nation wide?

Barry, they are starting to open a couple in the Atlanta area. I saw one right above the outlets in Dawsonville that was just about to open (this was a few weeks ago) and there is apparently one coming to Buford also.

We don't have Culver's near here where I am. I can't remember the last time I had anything from there. Where as, we have a DQ in the town I live in, about 4 blocks away from my house actually. So, I'm going to go with DQ based on that fact.

Culver's 100%, though neither hold a torch to Cold Stone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oh man, oreo blizzard with extra marshmallow cream is hard to beat

If you go to Culver's and request less custard, more toppings, most restaurants will oblige.

Culver's all the way.

I'm a culvers person for the custard. It's just awesome. My wife is a DQ fan (Worked there throughout HS and college). We still tend to visit Culvers more because
they're a bit cheaper and they also have ice cream specials after 9pm whereas DQ is just getting crazy with their prices....

I'm a culvers person for the custard. It's just awesome. My wife is a DQ fan (Worked there throughout HS and college). We still tend to visit Culvers more because
they're a bit cheaper and they also have ice cream specials after 9pm whereas DQ is just getting crazy with their prices....

It's funny when I went to Culver's last night I thought it was a big more than DQ. I just looked at the prices and they seem to be pretty similar, I'm sure it's market dependent.

Concrete MixersMini$2.69
Concrete MixersShort$3.09
Concrete MixersRegular$4.19
Concrete MixersTall$4.99
Blizzard TreatMini$2.89
Blizzard TreatSmall$3.69
Blizzard TreatMedium$4.09
Blizzard TreatLarge$4.69
Blizzard TreatCone$3.89

It's funny when I went to Culver's last night I thought it was a big more than DQ. I just looked at the prices and they seem to be pretty similar, I'm sure it's market dependent.

Concrete MixersMini$2.69
Concrete MixersShort$3.09
Concrete MixersRegular$4.19
Concrete MixersTall$4.99
Blizzard TreatMini$2.89
Blizzard TreatSmall$3.69
Blizzard TreatMedium$4.09
Blizzard TreatLarge$4.69
Blizzard TreatCone$3.89
Yeah, here DQ seems to have just gone through the roof. The two sisters my wife worked for just sold after 35+ years in the family because they didn't see a profit being feasible in the next few years with where prices are going. They said DQ costs that are being pushed down are insane.

No Culver's in my area. But, I had a DQ Salted Caramel Truffle Blizzard yesterday. It was EFFING AWESOME!

The richer custard at Culvers compared to the soft serve at DQ makes Culvers the winner to me. The two times I have had Culvers, it was awesome.

Barry, they are starting to open a couple in the Atlanta area. I saw one right above the outlets in Dawsonville that was just about to open (this was a few weeks ago) and there is apparently one coming to Buford also.
Awesome. I'll have to try it!

Culvert everyday if I have the choice. Love the blizzards but the concrete mixer is just better!

No Culvers here in Orlando that I know of. We had a custard place where I grew up called Ritters and I would take that hands down over anything. Where I live now it is a battle between Twisty Treat and the new DQ they just built.

Never heard of Culvers before

DQ for me for sure!

I haven't had either in a very long time, but for nostalgia sake I have to say a DQ Blizzard.

I'd rather go to baskin Robbins for dessert .not into custard and DQ, leaves a horrible after taste and waxy feeling

I DID have a Blizzard over lunch. I had one of their new Royal Treat Strawberry Cheesecake Blizzards. Have larger Cheesecake bites, and larger pieces of strawberry along with more strawberry syrup in the middle. It was very good! I'd have that again!

Back