Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

And if Faldo is the best ever....How did he do in the position of captain?

sure its relevant when he was playing. But clearly his decision making plays more of a role in this event. And so far i like our chances based on that. Hes clouded by spite, and of course gravy.

hahahahahaa

Maybe ya'll need to go play an easy golf course so you can shoot a good score and feel good about yourself. Because the a$$whoopin' that The Champions gave you has got you a little too wound up. :D

Forget the Champions course, I had a more difficult time with that Palmer course!!! haha

I can't wait for this event to start. My dilema is, do I wake up really early and go to work exhausted. Or do I try to avoid everything until 1 and watch the replay.

European fans should be taking note. In another 10 years when Phil is RC captain you can use all of these insults back at us (minus Mrs Doubtfire, but add in donuts).

sir nick faldo = worst captain ever! dude couldn't get his pompous head out of his royal arse for that one. he may go down as the worst euro captain ever. did you guys unknight him after that?

And if Faldo is the best ever....How did he do in the position of captain?

Faldo is the best ever because he didn't dare take MontyBoobs in 08.

Rickie Fowler denies he feels ridiculous in his rain hat and doesn't want to kill Mrs Pavin at all.....

Spoiler
Dark-Helmet.jpg

Still think the Carlton dance is a must btw - that post about 15 pages ago made lol.

Fat Euros ftw.

I couldn't sleep last night. Golfer's elbow, Wendy's chili, a recent breakdown in my daughter's golf swing and tendinitis in her wrist, and wondering why the hell the following list is supposed to be scary to the U.S. team had me tossing and turning all night.

Luke Donald-Doesn't he wear visors?

Ross Fisher-Doesn't have a well used passport.

Peter Hanson-He's Swedish for God's sake. Swedish women golfers are scary. The men are just susceptible to sun burn.

Padraig Harrington-Jumping the Burn in The Open was impressive. That's been it for two years.

Miguel Angel Jimenez-Creepy old man. So kinda scary in a, who's that lurking outside the ladies room in a trenchcoat, way.

Martin Kaymer-Don't the Germans always lose in the end?

Graeme McDowell-Irish. Probably a heavy drinker.

Rory McIlroy-Hair is way too curly. Will probably become a heavy drinker. Right after he wets his pants in the first match. Luckily it will be raining.

Edoardo Molinari-Italian golfers? I don't get it. Good cooks, but golfers? I'd be more afraid of Mario Batali. The guy has wicked knife skills.

Francesco Molinari-Which one is which? See above.

Ian Poulter-Nancy boy. He's almost pretty when he gets angry.

Lee Westwood-His The Hills Have Eyes smile is scary. His game at the wire? Not so much.

Now I'll grant the Captain is a scary fellow. If you're a huge plate of haggis with extra pluck, or the rear inside panel of a kilt.

Kevin

ok, now i'm staying up to watch the phil/dj vs westwood/kaymer match up. that's an instant classic! awesome way to get it started.

I'm with TC. I'm getting up even earlier now so I don't have to be in the kitchen when the first ball flies in the air. Warm Welsh Currant Cakes for everyone!!

Listening to PGA radio on XM on my way in to work. They were talking about how Rickie Fowler looks extremely nervous today. Said he looked far "tighter" than every other member of team USA.

wish we had a mini outing to hang out and watch Ryder Cup all weekend

On the bright side for the euro squad... you can choose to only play westwood for 54 holes this weekend. He is money for 54 holes!

lmao esox! i love it when you bring it! best post of the entire thread.

I'm with TC. I'm getting up even earlier now so I don't have to be in the kitchen when the first ball flies in the air. Warm Welsh Currant Cakes for everyone!!

Just PMed you my address.
Overnight with the early delivery option should be good enough.

lmao esox! i love it when you bring it! best post of the entire thread.

oops repition like JB...actually I thought of JB today when the BBC commentator stated that Lee Westwood hadn't played 72 holes of competitive golf since July...I could swear I hear a yank voice in the background say "yeah..July 2006"

The local sports talk this morning had Steve Sands on. He had some strong comments about Pavin. He said, he's way too uptight. If the U.S lose, it will be 100 percent his fault for not getting the team relaxed and ready to play. It doesn't seem the Golf Channel has much confidence in Pavin.

Do you think the GC still holds animosity towards Pavin for the Jim Gray thing?

Do you think the GC still holds animosity towards Pavin for the Jim Gray thing?

Golf Chick doesn't like Jim Gray? I know she doesn't like it when her co-workers come to work sick, or it's too hot or cold in the van pool van, but I didn't know she had animosity toward Jim Gray.

Kevin

I'm not a fan of Jim Gray and that has nothing to do with Corey Pavin.

In the 08 Ryder Cup they played Foursomes(Alternate Shot) in the AM and Fourball(Best Ball) in the afternoon sessions. That was changed at the request of then Capt. Azinger. I didn't think it was a big deal, but it allowed the US to get off to a good start and eventually they went on to win. I am interested to see how tomorrow goes now that it is back to the original way of Fourball in the morning and Foursomes in the afternoon.

So when I get up at 2:30 there will be people on here to share the experience with... right?

So when I get up at 2:30 there will be people on here to share the experience with... right?

yep, they will all be from Europe

Yup! I'll be there

ok I admit, I don't get all hung up on the 'us vs. them' thing of the Ryder Cup. On a competitive level golf doesn't spurn the emotions of say the Olympics. It's prob an apples and oranges thing but both events aren't held annually and there is an element of international competition in them both. Sure I'll watch it and will hope for some great golf and good story lines but am I going to get all fired up and get my USA on? no. Am I the only one who feels this way?

ok I admit, I don't get all hung up on the 'us vs. them' thing of the Ryder Cup. On a competitive level golf doesn't spurn the emotions of say the Olympics. It's prob an apples and oranges thing but both events aren't held annually and there is an element of international competition in them both. Sure I'll watch it and will hope for some great golf and good story lines but am I going to get all fired up and get my USA on? no. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Hanks, I actually feel the exact same way. The only reason this one is different for me is Monty McHamburgler.

I used to feel similar. I liked the Ryder Cup. However I was lucky enough to spend 5 days in Kentucky in 08 for it. Went to practice rounds on Weds/Thurs and then was there for all of the matches. It has changed my feelings towards the Ryder Cup. That was the best sporting event I have ever been to. I fell in love with the Ryder Cup that week. I can't wait for it to start.

I keep hearing that this Ryder Cup course was specifically built to host the Ryder Cup. Does anybody know if Europe has a long term plan to always bring the event back to this venue on the years when it will be played in Europe? Do we then think that the owners will market the place to amateur golfers as Europe’s home of the Ryder Cup or something like that as a means of generating revenue?

Back