JoeWhitley

Equipment nerd
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well.

I'm just writing with a favour - I am in charge of a large article on the best equipment of 2010 and to ensure I get the most accurate results, I am asking both our readers and forum members to nominate clubs from any category that they believe deserve to be crowned the best of 2010.

If you would be kind enough to nominate a club and give me a sentence on why you like it so much, I'd really appreciate it.

Don't worry if you're struggling for time, please just help out if you have a spare minute.

Really appreciate any submissions.

Thanks very much,
Joe

Guys, I must make a quick statement. This does not have any affiliation with THP Awards or THP the Magazine (print publication). I just have to clarify that since we have both.

Do the clubs have to be a 2010 release?

Well for irons I hate being a homer but I would have to say the G15's. These are incredibly easy to hit and I have had no problems working the ball high/low or left/right.

Bridgestone tour b330rx/rxs golf balls! Best balls on the market that cater to amateur swing speeds. And durable as hell.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Should have different categories of balls. I've heard outstanding things about the Gamer V2's and they are cheap as heck.

I would have to say the CG15 wedges. Simply awesome wedges all round.

Srizon Z Star and the X Model. tour quality performance at the common amateur's price range. Plus the ball is durable as heck.

Cleveland CG 15 wedges. Great set of wedges

Ping G15 fairway woods: easy to hit, excellent distance.
Ping G15 hybrids: get up in the air quickly and go far.
Ping Tour-S wedges: excellent wedges with great feel and responsiveness.

This may not come across well, but what the heck, I'm not know for my tact! This is one of several reasons I enjoy THP, we dwell of what coming up rather than whats been. Why do we care what the best of 2010 was? There were a number of great advances for 2009 and 2010, what I'm concerned about now is 2011.

If I had to nominate something it would be from 09 and my R9 driver. From 2010 Bridgestone did a heck of a number on their golfball lines and Cleveland has a heck of a set of wedges in their CG line, but do we really need to push people towards older equipment?

heck Duey newest thing in my bag maybe 2005

The Cleveland Niblicks. I think some saw them as a trick or fad club, but they are the real deal and in my opinion the most innovative new design in irons/wedges in years and years. Just look at the length of the Niblck thread on this form! Once people try them, they love them.

Without a doubt(imho) the finest driver made to date.... Taylormade's R9 SuperTri

Wilson Staff 8881 Putter... Great feel and really helps keep the ball online.

Ghost Putter and XFT wedges.

Forgot about the Ghost. That is a great putter.

I already nominated the Srixon z-star (really the exact same thing as the bridgestone. Both company's provide a ball that is high quality yet priced very well. Pay attention Titleist, TM, Callaway, Maxfli, Top Flite.....!!)

But another thing i'ld like to nominate is Taylormade's Superfast and Adam's Speedline driver. In terms of innovation both company's driver made a drastic change to how they approach the driver. It was probably due to the limiting of how "hot" the driver face could be. Club makers had to find distance another way.

At first I was opposed to these super light drivers, I felt that the super light weight would through off the swing and the tempo to a point that they would be impposible to consistently hit and control. Even after taking my SF to the Swing monitor and saw that I gained 10-15 yards in carry compared to my r9 460, I was still worried about control. Been playing the SF for 3-5 months now and havn't looked back.

Back