Wilson Staff Demo Day THP Outing Reviews

I am ordering a set of Ci9's today i still dont know if i want stiff graphite shafts of the fst stepless steel though.I guess it will be a last minute decision LOL but,i have decided to get the Ci9's instead of the new Di11's or the FG Tours.I have the Di7's so,i already have a Game improvment set and,i want to learn to work the ball more and,the Di series just goes straight no matter how bad i miss.And i dont think i am quite ready for FG Tours yet,no matter how good i hit them on the launch monitor i think it would be different on a actual golf course.And i think the Ci9's will give me the perfect blend of forgivness and playability that i am looking for but,i have to decide on what shaft by this evening and i still just dont know which way to go.I am not even leaning towards one over the other i just have no idea yet.

I am ordering a set of Ci9's today i still dont know if i want stiff graphite shafts of the fst stepless steel though.I guess it will be a last minute decision LOL but,i have decided to get the Ci9's instead of the new Di11's or the FG Tours.I have the Di7's so,i already have a Game improvment set and,i want to learn to work the ball more and,the Di series just goes straight no matter how bad i miss.And i dont think i am quite ready for FG Tours yet,no matter how good i hit them on the launch monitor i think it would be different on a actual golf course.And i think the Ci9's will give me the perfect blend of forgivness and playability that i am looking for but,i have to decide on what shaft by this evening and i still just dont know which way to go.I am not even leaning towards one over the other i just have no idea yet.

Can you get fit for them? That way you can determine exactly which shafts work better.

Im surprised you are having trouble moving the ball left and right with the D series. We have had 4-5 testers working with this set since the THP Demo Day and nobody has really struggled with that. I have them in the bag now and can really hit them draw, fade, high, or low.

I like the Ci9s as well, but I dont find them that forgiving at all.

Can you get fit for them? That way you can determine exactly which shafts work better.

Im surprised you are having trouble moving the ball left and right with the D series. We have had 4-5 testers working with this set since the THP Demo Day and nobody has really struggled with that. I have them in the bag now and can really hit them draw, fade, high, or low.

I like the Ci9s as well,but i dont find them that forgiving at all.

No i cant get fit cause i have to order them through a wilson store that a family member works at.That is the reason i have an all W/S bag cause i get everything at cost.I mean i really like W/S alot and have bacame a huge fan of their stuff but that is why im not interested in getting another brand cause i get everything they make at almost 60% off,LOL.And i can work the ball with my Di7's just enough but,i just thought for me to get to the next level that i want to reach i should get a more workable iron.But you are right i can work the 7's but,it is inconsistent i can hit a nice draw and the next time i make the same swing it will go straight.I dont know maybe i am just fooling myself but,it seems like i could work a regular set alot easier you know without the uniflex and widetip shafts and the game improvment head.But i am up for all suggestions,maybe i am letting my excitement of getting NEW irons get in the way of me making the right decision and,maybe i should wait on the Di11's i dont know.

No i cant get fit cause i have to order them through a wilson store that a family member works at.That is the reason i have an all W/S bag cause i get everything at cost.I mean i really like W/S alot and have bacame a huge fan of their stuff but that is why im not interested in getting another brand cause i get everything they make at almost 60% off,LOL.And i can work the ball with my Di7's just enough but,i just thought for me to get to the next level that i want to reach i should get a more workable iron.But you are right i can work the 7's but,it is inconsistent i can hit a nice draw and the next time i make the same swing it will go straight.I dont know maybe i am just fooling myself but,it seems like i could work a regular set alot easier you know without the uniflex and widetip shafts and the game improvment head.But i am up for all suggestions,maybe i am letting my excitement of getting NEW irons get in the way of me making the right decision and,maybe i should wait on the Di11's i dont know.

But couldn't you still go and get fit and then order them through your friend? I guess I am confused. You can get a fitting without having to buy the irons. That way you are making the right decision.

As for moving the ball, again, I have had no issue playing a draw or a fade with the D series of clubs. None whatsoever. Heck for the same price or less than the irons, you could get down to the THP Demo Day and hit everything and find out exactly what works and which shaft works best for you.

But couldn't you still go and get fit and then order them through your friend? I guess I am confused. You can get a fitting without having to buy the irons. That way you are making the right decision.

As for moving the ball, again, I have had no issue playing a draw or a fade with the D series of clubs. None whatsoever. Heck for the same price or less than the irons, you could get down to the THP Demo Day and hit everything and find out exactly what works and which shaft works best for you.

I thought i would have to buy a set to get fit at a store i didnt know they would fit you and,you could get the irons elsewhere.Thanx for the info i guess i should have known that but,i didnt i just assumed you had to buy them at the store.I will go to Edwinn Watts tomorrow and get that done so i know for sure.I would love to go to a THP demo day that would be so much fun but,i am a single parent raising 2 teenage daughters and,there is no way i am leaving them home alone for a weekend LOL.Seriously though i would love to go to one of those but,i cant right now maybe in the future.

I thought i would have to buy a set to get fit at a store i didnt know they would fit you and,you could get the irons elsewhere.Thanx for the info i guess i should have known that but,i didnt i just assumed you had to buy them at the store.I will go to Edwinn Watts tomorrow and get that done so i know for sure.I would love to go to a THP demo day that would be so much fun but,i am a single parent raising 2 teenage daughters and,there is no way i am leaving them home alone for a weekend LOL.Seriously though i would love to go to one of those but,i cant right now maybe in the future.

Two things.

1. Ask for the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer
2. I swear to God, that the space bar and shift key, while they may look funny, are no laughing matter. They really do work and are not evil.

Two things.

2. I swear to God, that the space bar and shift key, while they may look funny, are no laughing matter. They really do work and are not evil.

:rofl:

Two things....spit-up pretzels all over my desk and post of the month!
Two things.

Definitely take the time to get fit, smooth. The Di11's are pretty awesome, too. It might be worth your time to wait it out. They are at a great price point as well.

I second going to a store that has the Mizuno shaft optimizer. In literally 3 swings, you'll get output of the best shaft options for your swing. Unlike a full clubfitting session, this probably won't cost you anything to do. If you need to figure out lie and shaft length though, then you need a full fitting.

I will calm my new iron excitement down and, wait on the Di11's i think that is the best thing to do . I know that edwinn watts has the mizuno shaft optimizer so, tomorrow or in the next few days i will go to nashville and see if that can help me out . Sorry that my posts are hard to read I really dont see any difference in mine and anyone else's i use the space bar but , from now on i will use it twice between every word maybe that will be better . Thanks for the info though i had no clue that i could get fit if i didnt get new irons (i am a moron).

Smooth! This forum is here so you can learn about fittings and anything golf. Don't feel bad man! I still ask a ton of questions even after going through the process. See my driver shaft thread lol. It's cool because you can always bounce ideas off of someone here.

I saw the Di11's in the TGW catalog for 499 yesterday. Is there anywhere near you that you can demo both sets, smooth?

i know that OEM kevin thinks a lot about the Di11's. he said they may be his sleeper pick of the iron sets from the demo day.

I saw the Di11's in the TGW catalog for 499 yesterday. Is there anywhere near you that you can demo both sets, smooth?

Yea i can hit them both at edwinn watts when the Di11's come out , i have already demoed the Ci9's probably 8 or 9 times but , only with the fst shafts in R flex.

I gave the Di11's a separate post b/c they are the WS club I spent the most time with.

I didn't test the Fybrids since I am already happy with the older version. I did hit the Heavy Sole in April and they are just as good as what I am gaming. If you are looking for an easy to hit hybrid, you have to try these out.

I tried the TW9 and they were a solid wedge. For me, they weren't the best I tried, but they were up there. They had plent of bite and were weighted nicely. For the money, they are an incredible value.

Just ordered a TW9 48 & 54 to go with my di11s. Got a great deal on them so I hope they work out for my game. Were there any "cons" worth mentioning?

Back