TaylorMade R11 Driver in Ghost

I kinda agree but I bet some players care more about aesthetics than we realize.
very true. As long as it performs for them I doubt they would care

I think as long as it played like or better than the R9 they will be ALL over it! I dont think these guys care if its purple, they just wanna win tourneys.

I kinda agree but I bet some players care more about aesthetics than we realize.

I dont, the could swing a hockey stick and get better ball flight than us. To them, its the same swing no matter what the club

I'm sure some do, but I wonder if they care more about shape and size of a club than they do color.

I wonder how much a driver really makes a difference to the tour guys. When it really comes down to it do some shapes, colors or sizes just not work for one guy or another or can you hand ANY driver to Phil or Bubba and theyre still going to hit the snot out of it and pretty straight? They always put the same swing on a club with consistency we can only dream of so how much difference does the driver really make?

I think it does matter to some pros. Look at Phil for example. when his driver is off he's totally dependent on crazy shot making and scrambling in order to salvage a round whereas if he's driving well he's shooting 66 all day long. Same can be said for DJ. When he's on, he's hitting driver and then 4 iron to reach a Par 5 in 2. Overall if they weren't comfy with shape, color, etc they wouldn't have the driver i the bag. No matter how good they are, they're prone to off days with a driver just like amateurs are regardless of shape, size, color.
I wonder how much a driver really makes a difference to the tour guys. When it really comes down to it do some shapes, colors or sizes just not work for one guy or another or can you hand ANY driver to Phil or Bubba and theyre still going to hit the snot out of it and pretty straight? They always put the same swing on a club with consistency we can only dream of so how much difference does the driver really make?

I see what youre saying and I agree, they all def have off days. And an off day for them is a great day for me lol. But here is what Im saying. Say day one of the AT&T you walk up to Phil, take his Callaway FT-Tour away from him and hand him an Adams 9064 in his specs. He has some range time to hit it but thats about it. Will it really affect him much? Will he still hit the same average number of fairways or will he go in the tank? Im know they like certain things and get comfortable with stuff just like us but are they that good it wouldnt even affect them?

Got ya. Given that scenario he'd still probably do ok and wouldn't be affected by chage as much as we would.
I see what youre saying and I agree, they all def have off days. And an off day for them is a great day for me lol. But here is what Im saying. Say day one of the AT&T you walk up to Phil, take his Callaway FT-Tour away from him and hand him an Adams 9064 in his specs. He has some range time to hit it but thats about it. Will it really affect him much? Will he still hit the same average number of fairways or will he go in the tank? Im know they like certain things and get comfortable with stuff just like us but are they that good it wouldnt even affect them?

anywho, hopefully we'll see some of these on TV when the hawaii swing takes full effect in january. i'm very intrigued, that's for sure. i honestly didn't think that something like the superfast and it's odd shape would be so hot on tour but it sure is!

Question rattling around my head goes thusly -

Would this be a significant piece of technology (I can see the thinking behind the putter colour) to improve your game, or a gimmick to make it stand out from the R9 line, and the confusing mass of releases TM puts out?

I'd never judge it before I'd hit it, but I wonder if someone has thought that a tweak to the adjustability system might not be enough to get these flying off the shelves.

Paulo, I think that is a major question. I also think that if it were just a SuperTri or R9 in white, the answer would be no. But many are reporting there is A LOT more to it than that and the adjustability is more than just a tweak. It will make people take major notice of this one. Whether they are right or not, who knows of course.

Paulo, I think that is a major question. I also think that if it were just a SuperTri or R9 in white, the answer would be no. But many are reporting there is A LOT more to it than that and the adjustability is more than just a tweak. It will make people take major notice of this one. Whether they are right or not, who knows of course.

It's interesting to speculate about it right now. But of course, it's impossible to judge until we see it. The cynic in me came out there, but I'm sure it's what quite a few others are thinking.

I'd love to see some major advancement on it, and going on TM's recent track record, there's nothing to suggest it won't be something rather different and exciting. Here's hoping.

Tour acceptance was pretty big for the putter and even after launch continued to be quite popular. What do you think Tour acceptance would be with a white driver?

I think the tour acceptance would be overwhelming....provided the driver added either yards or accuracy to the drives.
If it doesn't add either.....then .....not so much.

do you think they'd offer this driver in both a white and a black then? I think TM would be taking a huge risk by only offering this in white. All of that sounds great and would get people to look at the driver alone but if it''s only available in white that my turn some people off.

do you think they'd offer this driver in both a white and a black then? I think TM would be taking a huge risk by only offering this in white. All of that sounds great and would get people to look at the driver alone but if it''s only available in white that my turn some people off.

How about an initial launch in white only, to get everyone talking? Could be a marketing winner. Big play on tour, then maybe a month or two later, black version to snap up those who like the talk, but don't like the colour?

you may be on to something there......I like that strategy. a lot
How about an initial launch in white only, to get everyone talking? Could be a marketing winner. Big play on tour, then maybe a month or two later, black version to snap up those who like the talk, but don't like the colour?

you may be on to something there......I like that strategy. a lot

Thats definitely a good back up plan. If a white release tanks back it up with a black version and all is well in TM Nation again. And more options for consumers just means more money for TM, win win.

Thats some dangerously good marketing you got going on there. Very good way to get the new color out there and then reel in the rest of the crowd. TM might need a new marketing director :D

I would never play a white driver - do not like the look. The white putter has a game improvement aspect - to help with alignment against a green background which makes sense to me. Although for me was not a noticeable difference when I tried the ghost putter. All the white driver has is a look and will only sell on that basis.

i think everyone's missing the point here: it's not just a matter of a white driver, it's a matter of a new color that accompanies a NEW technology! hardly anyone has mentioned that the new adjustable face technology will not affect the playable loft! paint it pink, or orange or chrome, i don't care, but to be able to offer a driver that can be opened or closed a degree or two, without compromising the loft is incredible.

now, knowing this, how do you feel about a white driver head?

i think everyone's missing the point here: it's not just a matter of a white driver, it's a matter of a new color that accompanies a NEW technology! hardly anyone has mentioned that the new adjustable face technology will not affect the playable loft! paint it pink, or orange or chrome, i don't care, but to be able to offer a driver that can be opened or closed a degree or two, without compromising the loft is incredible.

Well said!!!! I agree and as I said earlier, I would game it!

I would never play a white driver - do not like the look. The white putter has a game improvement aspect - to help with alignment against a green background which makes sense to me. Although for me was not a noticeable difference when I tried the ghost putter. All the white driver has is a look and will only sell on that basis.

Not the case.

If it truly works as described, I agree with you, I think it will be a HUGE hit.

hardly anyone has mentioned that the new adjustable face technology will not affect the playable loft!

Yup, that's the biggie for me too. Mind you, Tx is right here (thanks Tex!) I know how golfers think, so I'm planting myself outside my local golf shop with 5 buckets of paint, various colours....and I'm gonna show you what marketing is all about kids! :D

the more i think about it, the more i think i want a white driver!

I wanted one from when it was just a thought...hehe

I wanted one from when it was just a thought...hehe

same here man. aesthetics play such a minimal role for me and my decisions on whay i play and will play. i've never had to have something b/c of the way it looked and never stayed away from something b/c of the way it looks. look at the X22 irons, a lot of people hate the way they look and i always thought they were awesome looking.

i really hope that what i've heard comes true, i'd love to see a white driver and i'm way more interested in seeing what kind of tweaks have been made to the adjustable face technology.

Back