TaylorMade R11 Driver in Ghost

Silver driver would be REALLY nice. Almost like a big Mashie
I think it might looked pretty sweet actually. And I think white would hide idiot marks and other scratches better than black. Black cars are way harder to keep clean and hide scratches on than white or silver cars.

i started a thread about this very driver a while back. someone in my local golf shop was telling me about it. mentioned that the adjustable face technology will in fact be a little different than what we're use to. if i remember correctly, it had something to do with the fact that you could change the face angle without changing the lofts.

i don't remember, but i am very much looking forward to this driver. i love that it will be different and who are we kidding, the R series drivers sound the best, feel the best, and usually look the best. i have full faith that TM knows what they're doing.

i love that it will be different and who are we kidding, the R series drivers sound the best, feel the best, and usually look the best.

I agree with you. RIGHT NOW, the R series drivers do sound the best and feel the best to me. I have tried all the others but always come back. I also think the original R9 is the best sounding and feeling out of all of them in my opinion.

I agree with you. RIGHT NOW, the R series drivers do sound the best and feel the best to me. I have tried all the others but always come back. I also think the original R9 is the best sounding and feeling out of all of them in my opinion.

haha, i concur.

Your right about the R series, I keep wanting to like other drivers, but my original R9 keeps beating everything else to the course. I do want to re-test that square Machspeed and see how the numbers compare though. I seem to be in the minority on that one, but it worked well for me on the range at the outing.

The only way I would say that I would not play it is if it somehow made my swing worse. Since it seems impossible for my swing to actually get worse,
I'd play it.

White seems to be a logical color to go to with the popularity of the Ghost putters.

How about some pearl white with chromed accents? Put some ice on that head and you got a driver that even Nelly can't refuse. Call it the R11 Baller edition. :D

I know this is sort of off the subject, but "Tim" the salesman at GS showed me a picture of his driver while I was in there. No idea what kind, but he sanded it down and re-painted it... candy apple red with flames, haha. It was kind of cool, but I kept thinking of a 56 chevy, lol.

Back to topic, it seem's to me that all kind of things could be done to a white driver to really wow the looks even more. First to mind is a white shaft with about any highlights to match a grip.

White Drivers in the Night

White Drivers in the Night

I'd play a white driver. Would be interesting to see if it gave the same calmness effect as putting. But I see hitting as driver as less therapeutic as putting. So maybe it wouldn't matter, but would turn heads for sure!

To counter (or add to) the post on irons all going black... The black Burner 2.0 with the gray face (framing the ball), could be done in opposite with this driver. Rather than having just a puny alignment aid, add a golf ball sized triangle, or rectangle at club center to help line us up. Could be any color.

well I 'd buy it for sure...but hope it comes with a white shaft as well as a white grip.And of course the white headcover.

Or why not yellow to match the beautiful new balls coming out.

I almost bought the Daytona Ghost today. I think that I would get angry with the white club head if I was having a bad day with the sticks. Which is 75% of the days. I would have to really I would probably skip it. Which is hard for me to day, because I usually love what Taylormade accomplishes.

Last edited:
I have just never really got caught up in the finish of the driver. Im in the minority for sure. With a putter I look at finishes more, heck even wedges. But the driver, I have never really looked that much.

I have just never really got caught up in the finish of the driver. Im in the minority for sure. With a putter I look at finishes more, heck even wedges. But the driver, I have never really looked that much.

I tend to agree with you. Im more concerned with performance and second the sound.

I think it would be great in white. I wish I wouldn't have bought my super tri, but if it will take my shaft I might buy one anyway.

well I 'd buy it for sure...but hope it comes with a white shaft as well as a white grip.And of course the white headcover.

Not :nono:

Seeing as how there really isnt anything out there like this, we'll most likely make up our minds after we see and play with it. If I remember, same with the Ghost putter? Some people seemed skeptical until they tried it.

Hey, why not? haha. I can see it now, canary yellow with black highlights and a vibranted black brushed shaft, yeah!

Tour acceptance was pretty big for the putter and even after launch continued to be quite popular. What do you think Tour acceptance would be with a white driver?

Tour acceptance was pretty big for the putter and even after launch continued to be quite popular. What do you think Tour acceptance would be with a white driver?

i think it will be fine. i think most of these guys play TM b/c it works for their game. like i said before, i trust them completely when it comes to the driver arena. and all it takes is for someone to win with it and it's as good as gold, ie justin rose with the ghost putter.

great question.

I think it will be cool to see a white driver on tv. Something different. If it performs I don't see most of the tour pro's putting it away because it is white. I wonder if TM will offer both colors?

I am not too sure about a driver with a white head. But then again like JB once said if using a brick on a stick would improve my overall scores I would definately consider using it.

I think if TM wants it to happen it will happen. Because they know if the tour guys put one in the bag astute THP'ers see that and start talking about it online and the hype train starts rolling. Assuming it works I see no reason why the Tour guys wouldnt accept this driver.

I think as long as it played like or better than the R9 they will be ALL over it! I dont think these guys care if its purple, they just wanna win tourneys.

I think as long as it played like or better than the R9 they will be ALL over it! I dont think these guys care if its purple, they just wanna win tourneys.

very true. As long as it performs for them I doubt they would care

Back