Mr. Paulo, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

haha, I think I got a new sig! :D Awesome quoteage sir!

So after Westtooth moved to #1, we heard it wouldn't last, TW would win in Asia. Then we heard he would be back and stake his claim in Aus with a pretty weak field. Now he is 10 strokes back there and said "I struggled with the pace of the greens." Hmmmm. That sounds familiar.

I just don't think the guy is ANYWHERE near where he needs to be to be dominant again. With the exception of flashes of brilliance for one round in a tourney, he has struggled quite a bit (based on his past) and in my opinion has a LONG WAY to go. After every good round he puts up, the TW watch starts and we hear "He's back". Heck just in the THP forum alone, we have heard it since the Masters. Im in the minority in that I dont think Foley is the best guy for him, but that is just my opinion.

Hmm. Then who is?

So after Westtooth moved to #1, we heard it wouldn't last, TW would win in Asia. Then we heard he would be back and stake his claim in Aus with a pretty weak field. Now he is 10 strokes back there and said "I struggled with the pace of the greens." Hmmmm. That sounds familiar.

I just don't think the guy is ANYWHERE near where he needs to be to be dominant again. With the exception of flashes of brilliance for one round in a tourney, he has struggled quite a bit (based on his past) and in my opinion has a LONG WAY to go. After every good round he puts up, the TW watch starts and we hear "He's back". Heck just in the THP forum alone, we have heard it since the Masters. Im in the minority in that I dont think Foley is the best guy for him, but that is just my opinion.

Im in the minority in that I dont think Foley is the best guy for him, but that is just my opinion.

I don't know if Foley is necessarily wrong for him, but I do believe that one of Tiger's main swing misses -- the laid off position -- is magnified using a "Foley swing." But Tiger is Tiger because of the amount of dedication to his game and, if he does the Foley swing with the amount of dedication that he did his other swings, then I think he will be back in form. Of course, who knows how long that can take.

Everyone of us who play a lot of golf know how hard it can be when you're just not swinging it right, this just goes to show that even the best players in the history of the game struggle with it. Look at all of the great players who seemed to have it one day then lost something and never really gained it back. Tiger is smarter than all of us in terms of what is best for him and what is best for his golf swing at the moment. He'll turn things around, might not be this week or next week, but sooner or later he'll be right back on top.

Now as far as Westwood's reign at the top, I do think it will be pretty short lived but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be Tiger that knocks him off. Unless Westy wins and increases his razor thin lead real soon, he'll be running the risk of losing that spot to any one of those top 4 guys that does step up and notch a win. Westwood got the top spot with a bunch of good finishes but very few wins, that will not keep the top spot for long!

He'll turn things around, might not be this week or next week, but sooner or later he'll be right back on top.

I agree he will turn it around at some point. I guess I am just sick of hearing "he's back" after every sub par round we see, only to see excuses after he blows up the next round. In my opinion he is the greatest to play the game. I dont have to like him or root for him, but in my opinion he is the greatest of all time. However that also does not mean he will return to form anytime soon.

Very good point JB, hopefully I'm not among one of those who scream "he's back" every time he shoots a round under par. I also believe that Tiger is the greatest to ever play the game and I'm a big fan of his golf talents, I think when he's on top of his game golf is more fun to watch, contrary to what a lot of people think actually.

I just hope hes learned some humility through all of this. The guy is an amazing golfer but an equally impressive D-bag on the course...which is all I really care about.

Back