I used to be when I started playing golf. I had whole bag (from putter..everything in between.. to the bag) TaylorMade, Callaway, and then Titleist.

I started picking and choosing what I liked and of course what was available in left-hand.

Now its not really brand loyalty is more of a handful of companies that are on my approved "supplier list". I will be happy to try clubs from these companies more than others.

I have overcome some pre-determined opinions on a few clubmakers and now they are in my bag or I will give them a try.

However, there are still 2 club companies I won't use no matter how perfect the club might would fit me. I don't think my options will ever change about those though.

I used to be when I started playing golf. I had whole bag (from putter..everything in between.. to the bag) TaylorMade, Callaway, and then Titleist.

I started picking and choosing what I liked and of course what was available in left-hand.

Now its not really brand loyalty is more of a handful of companies that are on my approved "supplier list". I will be happy to try clubs from these companies more than others.

I have overcome some pre-determined opinions on a few clubmakers and now they are in my bag or I will give them a try.

However, there are still 2 club companies I won't use no matter how perfect the club might would fit me. I don't think my options will ever change about those though.

Who?

I am not loyal, but certain brands have a pull on me (WS, Nike, TM)

I tried to be once. But I realized that I am not good enough to have a bag and clubs from one company. But in general when it comes to the equipment of others, use what fits and/or makes you happy. If that means 14 clubs from Titleist, go for it.

you have no idea how badly i wanted to buy taylormade driver/woods
imo they are the prettiest clubs out there
thank goodness i demo'd them and even borrowed a friends for a round or two
because i could not hit the clubs at all
its really strange and ive tried lots of different models of taylormade woods
their irons on the other hand were buttery deliciousness personified... id buy those babies in a heart beat cuz they are a club longer than the clubs ive owned

I think if you can find one brand where everything works for you then great! But each company has it strong and weak products, so its kind of hard for everything to be one brand unless you try literally everything. Im all about what performs so if every single club in the bag are different brands but they perform the best for me, I really dont care. It would be REALLY nice to be sponsored by a big OEM and have everything custom made though.

brand loyalty is an occupational hazard for me.

but if i got to choose....there are only 2-3 OEM's i would go to. and i would pick and choose. some make better x's and some make better z's (for me and my game). there are some OEM's that i would never consider. that's the beauty of having so many different companies to choose from. imo, most of the OEM's make quality equipment and it boils down to personal preference....for whatever reason.

i really have no allegiances any way, although it doesn't look that way. i will be open to try anything and if it works better or suits me better, i make a change, irregardless of the OEM.

I suppose you would call me a brand loyal type person however I do like most all of the other stuff and would play it with no problem. I simply have a comfort zone with my Cobras and that's about it. I'm certainly not trying to look like a staffer or anything. Heck send me some of the new TM 2.0's and I will be more than happy to game em! Most of the long timers on here have already given me some good natured ribbing. I shake it off like a duck out of water :D..... I mean nothing about loading my bag with the snakes however I do walk to my on drum :golf2:

Wheres the optica gray? lol.

You are right though, you take it like a champski

Thanks Thain.. You know it's all in good nature. Heck those old coots can't ruffle the big dawgs hair :D. If they don't mess with me, I think somethings wrong so I have to stir the pot again :thumb:

This is for Ole Gray. I was driving down the road and saw this billboard and had to snap a picture. The guy is so brand loyal, he made his own ad.

Spoiler
1112064722_mCqYu-XL.jpg

If this place had a 'Like' button, I'd be all over it.
This is for Ole Gray. I was driving down the road and saw this billboard and had to snap a picture. The guy is so brand loyal, he made his own ad.

Spoiler
1112064722_mCqYu-XL.jpg

If this place had a 'Like' button, I'd be all over it.

We do. Its the rep button. That is exactly what rep is for. You like something or you dont like something. :alien:

Spoiler
1112064722_mCqYu-XL.jpg

Now that my friend, is too fricking COOL!!!! Looks like a good avatar to me partner :D

Now that my friend, is too fricking COOL!!!! Looks like a good avatar to me partner :D

I thought you would like the fine print. Make sure you get a close look at the bottom right.

that's freaking classic! ole gray, rocking a billboard to show his slithering love.

although i think he may have a better chance of beating me with 2.0's. those s2's just don't cut it.

I thought you would like the fine print. Make sure you get a close look at the bottom right.

JB I did see it. I got to looking real close and bam it hit. That was too funny and made my day :thumb:

damn, ole gray must be stinkin filthy rich, billboards arent cheap!! Can you put some OEM love on your next billboard? lol

that's freaking classic! ole gray, rocking a billboard to show his slithering love.

although i think he may have a better chance of beating me with 2.0's. those s2's just don't cut it.

I like my S2's but I also really like the 2.0's! They (TM 2.0's),,, are some seriously good weapons for sure :golf2:

damn, ole gray must be stinkin filthy rich, billboards arent cheap!! Can you put some OEM love on your next billboard? lol

You got it bro :wink::thumb:

that's freaking classic! ole gray, rocking a billboard to show his slithering love

Is ole grays cat named Draco Malfoy? or Severus Snape? This Cobra/slytherin thing could run way deep. He probably drives a Ford Shelby cobra aswell. His favourite movie is Monty Python... This could go to a place where no one ever would want to go.

I like my S2's but I also really like the 2.0's! They (TM 2.0's),,, are some seriously good weapons for sure :golf2:

take the plunge gray, break down the brand loyalty walls! you'll be glad you did.

Is ole grays cat named Draco Malfoy? or Severus Snape? This Cobra/slytherin thing could run way deep. He probably drives a Ford Shelby cobra aswell. His favourite movie is Monty Python... This could go to a place where no one ever would want to go.

pipe down ginger fluffer. all this talk of pythons, snakes, and slithering is getting your inner pale rider all rialed up!

easy junior!

Thain -- I like snakes but they have to be the golfing kind :D! I am like GG as I don't like the kind that will bite your arse (rattlesnakes, moccasions, yada dada doo) :nono: Now a Ford Shelby would work real good. No problem with that and it would be a hoot with Kelly and I driving down to WPB sporting one of those. Hmmmmm let me get to work on this weeks lottery :good:

take the plunge gray, break down the brand loyalty walls! you'll be glad you did.

It's funny you say that TC. I had alot of running around to do yesterday. When I finally got to the golf course, Kelly and Mearl were betting that I had gone to town to pick up some 2.0's :D. Mearl is the golf course mgr/super and he said where's ya new toys? I looked at him funny and said "what ya talking about dude"? That's when he said him and Kelly had laid down a bet I was in Macon picking up a set of new TM 2.0's...

Back