The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated all of our devices to IOS4.2. It's been a success so far. One of the nicest aspects is that "Find my iPhone" is now free once you set it up, which I did on all our devices. It now allows remote wipe and lock for free (versus paying for MobileMe and getting that capability). It was the smoothest, easiest IOS update so far.

There's another new iPhone software update...I think I'll pass on the update, it installs things that I don't care about, can't use, and can't delete and just takes up space... :(

The updates arent really a "I think I'll pass" kind of thing. Its way more then just installing things you dont care about. Thats like saying I think I'll pass on getting my oil changed in my car because I dont uderstand why it needs it. My gf updated hers and couldnt tell that one thing at all had changed. The most noticeable thing are new text ringtones that are complete garbage.

Unfortunately I'm unable to update my phone period. I can't update it at work, since my iTunes update version 9 and our IT refuses to update it for me and my home computer is completely messed up. So I may just have to take it to an Apple store or something :crying:

I've heard a really solid rumor that mobile me is headed toward free really soon. yay!!

Well, the "find me" feature of Mobile Me is now free. I just set it up on my iphone. But the new text ringtones are some of the worst Ive ever heard. Theyre all cartoon sounding and annoying.

Are you able to take your iPhone to the Apple/AT&T Store and have them do the updates? I'm not able to do it at home or at work...long stories with both :(

Updated my wife's last night. Just got to wait for a jailbreak so I can do mine :)

sounds like you need to step away from the iPhone and go with something else....
Are you able to take your iPhone to the Apple/AT&T Store and have them do the updates? I'm not able to do it at home or at work...long stories with both :(

That is funny.

I use a thing people call an alarm clock. You just have to remember to turn the alarm on. They work unless the power goes out.

I know people who use their wristwatch as an alarm clock. How do you hear that?

Didn't anybody learn from the golfer (Furyk I think) who got disqualified from a tournament because he had that issue with his cell phone?

That is funny.

I use a thing people call an alarm clock. You just have to remember to turn the alarm on. They work unless the power goes out.

I know people who use their wristwatch as an alarm clock. How do you hear that?

Didn't anybody learn from the golfer (Furyk I think) who got disqualified from a tournament because he had that issue with his cell phone?

They even have alarm clocks that set themselves and have battery backups too.

look i can post like tc from tapatalk

I've never had one that set itself. I do have the kind that uses a battery though. I've never had the power be off when I woke up with the alarm set with it though. I just assumed it held the time for when the power came back on so it wouldn't be flashing 12:00. Never checked it to see if it was still on when the power was off during the day, just never thought about it!

How funny, "An iphone pandemic", lol?

For those that want an iPhone on Verizon looks like Feb 3rd is your birfday.

Verizone iPhone

Bout time. gonna stick with my At&t though only cuz I'm "grandfathered" in with the unlimited data plan.

I'll stick with att but with the new Android phones coming out my iPhone's days might be numbered. The 3.5" screen just looks small compared the new 4" and 4.3" screens.

Great. Migrating iPhone users should help relieve stress on AT&T's network.

Today my Buddy texted me to see if he left his Netflix DVD at my Place. I sent him a txt stating I saw a Netflix DVD on my counter this morning but wasn't sure if it was his. My IPHONE sent: "I saw a Negroid DVD on my counter this morning"
Great, not only do I look stupid, I look incredibly racist too. Thanks Iphone..

www.damnyouautocorrect.com

Good time waster there.

Great. Migrating iPhone users should help relieve stress on AT&T's network.

+1 YUP YUP. Secondary Rant: What good is free wifi at airports now? With everyone using it it becomes literally worthless. Nextime you're in the aiport waiting for your wifi connection to work, take a look around at all the kids checking their facebook status.

Love that site...

I too am grandfathered in and good riddance to all the people jumping ship. it frees up our network and I'm willing to bet the grass isn't greener....more like the same exact shade.

I too am grandfathered in and good riddance to all the people jumping ship. it frees up our network and I'm willing to bet the grass isn't greener....more like the same exact shade.

Out here in vegas cell phone reception is terrible for Everyone. All carriers have trouble here. So I secretly giggle at all the people here who are going to jump onto the Iphone now that Verizon's "more reliable" coverage is with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back