THP FF Week 12 Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Week 12 brings the final stretch to the playoffs and jockeying for position to get in. Division races are incredibly tight and no teams have clinched their playoff spot as of yet.

In the North Division, Marital Bliss has stretched their lead to 1.5 over Rx Afrosheen and 2.5 over 2 other teams. They have a tough schedule left however, so this one could still go down to the wire.

In the South Division the term "and then there was one" comes to mind as what was a 3 way tie just last week, now has Third String QB alone in the division lead. They cannot rest though as they have 4 teams with in 2 games of them.

The schedule this week gets very interesting. A possible playoff showdown takes place as the two division winners go head to head in Marital Bliss and Third String QB.

The special shout out this week goes out to Team OEM/Slumpbuster. Taking in their first win and possibly even playing major spoiler in the process. Time will tell.

Welcome to week 12 everybody. Good luck!

should be a good match up between TSQ and MB. Looking forward to it! This could be a crucial week as it comes down to the playoffs for a bunch of teams.

I think it's been mentioned before, but do the top 2 teams from each division make the playoffs or do the divisions not mean anything and its the top 4 records?

• Admin
should be a good match up between TSQ and MB. Looking forward to it! This could be a crucial week as it comes down to the playoffs for a bunch of teams.

I think it's been mentioned before, but do the top 2 teams from each division make the playoffs or do the divisions not mean anything and its the top 4 records?

I would love to know. When we set up the league, we of course wanted the top 2 in each division. Hence the reasons to have divisions. However there was no setting. Logic says to me that it is the top 2 teams in each division. However with ESPN FF, logic is kind of thrown out the window most times.

This is what the rules state:

REACHING THE PLAYOFFS
The top four teams in a league make the playoffs. These four are comprised of the two division champs and two wild-card teams. Division champs are the teams that win the league divisions. The next two teams according to the tie-breaker below are the wild card teams.

Standard and Prize-Eligible League Playoffs: Playoff Seeding and Tie-Breakers
In the event that two or more teams have identical won-loss records at the conclusion of the Fantasy Football regular season, the following tiebreaking system is employed.

NOTE: In the event that two or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the Regular Season, and have played the same number of Head-to-Head games between them (doesn't necessarily mean they have to play tied teams the same number of times), the following tie-breaking system determines the seed:

Overall record
Overall points scored
Head-to-head record *
Division record
Overall points-against
Coin Flip
NOTE: The Overall record is based on winning percentage. Therefore, a team that is 8-5-0 and a team that is 7-4-2 have the same winning percentage, and thus would be considered tied for overall record.

* - In the event that three or more teams have identical win-loss records at the conclusion of the season and have played a different number of head-to-head games between them, head-to-head record is NOT used as a tiebreaker.

I think it is two div winners and then two with best record regardless of division

I did find this about editing playoff matchups if for some reason it doesn't shake out that way.

Only LMs (League Managers) in LM leagues are able to edit the playoff brackets -- Available from the LM Tools page; this page allows your league manager to manually edit any matchup (and results) during the regular season and playoffs to change schedules and eliminate byes (where possible). Also, in order to implement a schedule where you would play divisional foes twice and all other teams in the league once, you would need to fall under one of the following categories:
12 Teams, 2 Divisions in a 16-week season
10 Teams, 2 Divisions in a 13-week season
8 Teams, 2 Divisions in a 10-week season
Note: If you have an unequal division size in your league, the schedule will not have a preference toward in-divisional play.

• Admin
I think it is two div winners and then two with best record regardless of division

Me too. Not what we originally wanted to do, but not much changed really. You still have to win the games and in the end, perhaps this is the most fair because the argument that "I was in a tougher division" does not hold much. I knew the tie breaker policy, because I always set that. I believe that total points should be the ultimate tie breaker since it can be very indicative of a strong season.

Thanks for the info.

Time to take on another team trying for a playoff spot. I like playing spoiler, its fun.

Was 2 points away from beating all 3 top teams, hoping to give the Nebraska Iceman a run for their money this week.

Dang I was hoping it was divisional. I wish home record was the first tiebreaker. don't know why but my team is thus far undefeated at home.

Dang I was hoping it was divisional. I wish home record was the first tiebreaker. don't know why but my team is thus far undefeated at home.

its those Chunkylover cheerleaders. Your opponents can't stop staring at them

In my opinion total points should always be the 1st tie breaker. Just my opinion of course, but I have always felt that way.

In my opinion total points should always be the 1st tie breaker. Just my opinion of course, but I have always felt that way.

I would think if you went by division for the top spot I would go head to head, and then total points for everything else. Different in every league

Oh it definitely should. I'm just wanting whatever way I make the playoffs be the tie breaker lol

I agree JB.
I really needed a victory last week but my WR's really let me down. I don't score as many points as my record indicates, so unless I manage a top 4 stop outright (or win the division) I won't be in the playoffs. While my team isn't all that consistent, I don't think anyone would want to play me in the playoffs because of Vick at QB. He is liable to go off and win me any game any week.

Gotta get a win this week and put the pressure back on MB

This is what the rules state:

REACHING THE PLAYOFFS
The top four teams in a league make the playoffs. These four are comprised of the two division champs and two wild-card teams. Division champs are the teams that win the league divisions. The next two teams according to the tie-breaker below are the wild card teams.

Standard and Prize-Eligible League Playoffs: Playoff Seeding and Tie-Breakers
In the event that two or more teams have identical won-loss records at the conclusion of the Fantasy Football regular season, the following tiebreaking system is employed.

NOTE: In the event that two or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the Regular Season, and have played the same number of Head-to-Head games between them (doesn't necessarily mean they have to play tied teams the same number of times), the following tie-breaking system determines the seed:

Overall record
Overall points scored
Head-to-head record *
Division record
Overall points-against
Coin Flip

I think you last sentence is correct.

In FF#2 projected playoff bracket, Doo Doo is the #2 seed as div winner even though he and Callaway have the same record with Callaway having more total points.

EAST
Team W L T PCT PTS
Doo Doo Brown 8 3 0 .727 1250 2 Seed
ThaHouseThat SnapBuilt 7 4 0 .636 4 Seed

The Cat House Six 6 5 0 .545
License 2 Taze 6 5 0 .545
The Sofa Kings 5 6 0 .455
Wyld Stallyns 4 7 0 .364
Team Puttin4Bird 2 9 0 .182

WEST
Team STATICLINE 9 2 0 .818 1358 1 Seed
Calloway's Catamounts 8 3 0 .727 1278 3 Seed

Czervik Construction 6 5 0 .545
Sunday Golfer 6 5 0 .545
Team Blah! 4 7 0 .364
Lincolnton Chickenhawks 3 8 0 .273
Arizona Knight 3 8 0 .273

I think you last sentence is correct.

In FF#2 projected playoff bracket, Doo Doo is the #2 seed as div winner even though he and Callaway have the same record with Callaway having more total points.

EAST
Team W L T PCT PTS
Doo Doo Brown 8 3 0 .727 1250 2 Seed
ThaHouseThat SnapBuilt 7 4 0 .636 4 Seed

The Cat House Six 6 5 0 .545
License 2 Taze 6 5 0 .545
The Sofa Kings 5 6 0 .455
Wyld Stallyns 4 7 0 .364
Team Puttin4Bird 2 9 0 .182

WEST
Team STATICLINE 9 2 0 .818 1358 1 Seed
Calloway's Catamounts 8 3 0 .727 1278 3 Seed

Czervik Construction 6 5 0 .545
Sunday Golfer 6 5 0 .545
Team Blah! 4 7 0 .364
Lincolnton Chickenhawks 3 8 0 .273
Arizona Knight 3 8 0 .273

thanks for the update on League 2! tam staticline is still going strong I see

thanks for the update on League 2! tam staticline is still going strong I see

Like a hot knife thru butta.

Let's go KITNA! Let's go KITNA!

Paging team ddec. Paging team ddec. You have some offers on the table.

The plot thickens!

I could see it now... Snelling/Bush/ and a kicker to be named later for the older Manning. :D

I thought about trading Cutler but he is way too awesome.

Back