Orange County National - Panther Lake

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Went to dinner a couple of nights ago with a Golf Channel friend that is following the guys at Q-School and said that he has not seen the course look this good in quite some time. So a couple of drinks later and we have a tee time for this coming Tuesday.

Supposed to be pretty cold that day, but I have the cart cover and heater ready. I have played this one before and always enjoy it and this should be a treat as well. Being that it is less than 10 minutes from the new THP HQ, I hope to get out there quite a bit. I will take some pictures for everybody while out there.

http://www.ocngolf.com/

Looking forward to the photos. I did some reading on this one before you all announced the Spring outing location.

Can't wait to see some pics!

By 'cold', do you mean 60*? hehe I'll trade you our cold of 40* here today for that anytime

• Admin
Can't wait to see some pics!

By 'cold', do you mean 60*? hehe I'll trade you our cold of 40* here today for that anytime

High of 56 and low of 35

This is the course I did my gps entry on. Looks like a great course, what tee's are you playing from?

Looking forward to some pictures JB. I have to find friends like that where I can say "a few drinks later" we have a tee time.

• Admin
This is the course I did my gps entry on. Looks like a great course, what tee's are you playing from?

Depends who you ask...hehe. My guess is the one that is about 6850 or so. I think that is all the way back minus the Q-School tees. The closer the better for me. HA!

Looking forward to some pictures JB. I have to find friends like that where I can say "a few drinks later" we have a tee time.

Yeah, he is a fairly new friend (we have only lived here a few weeks), but a great guy and a blast to play golf with.

Depends who you ask...hehe. My guess is the one that is about 6850 or so. I think that is all the way back minus the Q-School tees. The closer the better for me. HA!

Yeah, he is a fairly new friend (we have only lived here a few weeks), but a great guy and a blast to play golf with.

I don't blame you there, the description of the Q-school tee's is just savage. Unless your like some of the super long drivers here who'll go unmenioned. Looking foward to the pictures and have a great time!

High of 56 and low of 35

I'll trade you.....

Hope you have a blast out there JB! Pics? Of course we want pics!! :D

Looking forward to playing this one tomorrow. But it is going to be darn cold. Woke up today to the high 30s. Tomorrow will be much of the same. We can only hope it hits 50 by tee off.

I'd like to play there. I've heard/read many good things about the course. Have fun JB. :)

Stay warm, JB!

Just found out tomorrow is off. We are moving it until next week. With the weather they will have a frost delay (we were told) and that would push us back a couple of hours and since we had an afternoon time, the guys needed to get to TGC for some filming. Next week it is.

Just found out tomorrow is off. We are moving it until next week. With the weather they will have a frost delay (we were told) and that would push us back a couple of hours and since we had an afternoon time, the guys needed to get to TGC for some filming. Next week it is.

That's too bad!! Seems strange to me that FL could have frost....

Celsius? :blob: kidding of course.

Our high is 29*F, man up lol

But you live where Santa builds gifts. Heck, shouldnt you put on your elf suit now?

Heck, I just heard last week from a forum member that said it was never too cold to play in FL (generalizing). I guess some courses disagree.

But you live where Santa builds gifts. Heck, shouldnt you put on your elf suit now?

Heck, I just heard last week from a forum member that said it was never too cold to play in FL (generalizing). I guess some courses disagree.

The elf suit is on bucko. And if there isnt snow or frost or wind ill play.

29º in Florida is just silly. I live up north...it's supposed to be cold this time of year. But Florida?

Delay for an afternoon round and you're risking not being able to finish. Especially since you guys are so far east in the time zone.

The elf suit is on bucko. And if there isnt snow or frost or wind ill play.

Then you would not last long in this. There is frost and there is a lot of wind.

I read an article in a local paper this weekend that say that last year Orlando had a very short lived snow flurry. It was not enough to stick and only lasted about 10 minutes but it was the first time since 1977 that this area saw snow. So it may not be arctic here but we do have days where it gets cold!

Back