New Birdie Ball Putting Green and Chip Mat

For sure JT. I had two holes cut in the opposite end so I can putt both ways. I opted to do that vs getting the robo cup.

Oh, I'm really sorry! I forgot I had a couple codes for discounts and a size upgrade if anyone still wants them just ask!

Oh, I'm really sorry! I forgot I had a couple codes for discounts and a size upgrade if anyone still wants them just ask!

PM me please! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok PM sent. I have a 25% off and a free size upgrade!

Have not seen a better one. I need to talk my wife into getting one for us.

For sure JT. I had two holes cut in the opposite end so I can putt both ways. I opted to do that vs getting the robo cup.

That is a good idea. I may end up cutting the opposite end on mine. I need to clear some space first. It arrives on Wednesday and I can't wait.

SMG,
Love the setup! Quick question: how easy is it to unroll out of the box, and then roll back up and put away in the box? I've got a small space in my apartment where a putting green could go, but doubt the wife would want it out all the time, so I'm going to need something that is easy to roll up and put away. I'm intrigued by a putting green, it will help me pass the time during the New England winters, and my putting was horrible during this past year.

That looks sweet. Just checked out their website and it has me interested. SMG keep us posted on your thoughts about this device.

I have only unrolled it, but it was quite easy to do and lays flat within 20 minutes. Mine is 4ft wide. Not sure of the size you would want but my guess is a more narrower green would be even easier to roll up.

SMG, I love it...Merry christmas to you! If you dont mind me asking, what did the green itself cost you?

Mine arrived last night. I unrolled it and let it lay flat overnight. I'm sure you don't need to let it lay this long, but I didn't have time to play with it, so I figured I would just roll it out. It is 13x4 and came with 3 "flags", 4 shims, and a dozen Birdie Balls. As you can see in the pic, it has a raised foam edge on the end with the cups to keep the balls from rolling off the mat. The texture is pretty much like a putting green, and the speed I ordered was 10-11 stimp. When I went to use it this morning, I noticed a few spots that were matted down, probably from shipping and being rolled up. This was easily fixed with a shop broom I had handy. Within a few swipes, it was looking very uniform. I spent about an hour putting on the mat. The putting surface is great. The putts roll very well, and the speed seems accurate. I never noticed the right to left break in my floor before! Using the shims is easy, and creates a realistic break. You just place one under the edge of the mat and you are done. The shims are about 4' long by 2" wide. 2 of them have curved ends, and 2 are straight. Rolling it up for storage is easy, and the box it comes in is plenty big. I'd be happy to answer any questions if you guys have them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jt, whats your initial impression on quality? Does it seem like something that cost $30 but they sold for $150 and is cheap or is it pretty nice for the money? Ive looked around the web for some impressions on these and early on they were getting ripped for bad quality and overall cheapness. Thanks for your thoughts.

This is something I am really considering right now, I may just have to pull the trigger. thanks for the info

This is something I am really considering right now, I may just have to pull the trigger. thanks for the info

Ive been thinking about it since SMG first posted this. Its so cold and windy lately Id love to have this for the basement as an alternative.

Jt, whats your initial impression on quality? Does it seem like something that cost $30 but they sold for $150 and is cheap or is it pretty nice for the money? Ive looked around the web for some impressions on these and early on they were getting ripped for bad quality and overall cheapness. Thanks for your thoughts.

Overall quality seems pretty darn good. The dog was scratching at it this morning and didn't hurt it, so my thoughts are that it will last a long time if taken care of. The only real upkeep I can see so far is that you may need to run a broom across it if you walk on it a lot. I have been walking down the side of it to retrieve my putted balls, but I can tell where I have been standing to putt them. Again, this is easily fixed with a broom. It is made of a foam material that is smooth on one side and textured on the other. If you think about it from a material standpoint, it is just textured foam. But I would gladly pay $150 for this over most of the other putting mats I have seen and used. This just seems more realistic. I can't wait for summer so I can roll this baby out by the pool.

Overall quality seems pretty darn good. The dog was scratching at it this morning and didn't hurt it, so my thoughts are that it will last a long time if taken care of. The only real upkeep I can see so far is that you may need to run a broom across it if you walk on it a lot. I have been walking down the side of it to retrieve my putted balls, but I can tell where I have been standing to putt them. Again, this is easily fixed with a broom. It is made of a foam material that is smooth on one side and textured on the other. If you think about it from a material standpoint, it is just textured foam. But I would gladly pay $150 for this over most of the other putting mats I have seen and used. This just seems more realistic. I can't wait for summer so I can roll this baby out by the pool.

Thanks for the info. One of the big cons I was reading about earlier versions was with the holes. The ball would roll right over the hole instead of dropping in it. What are you seeing so far? Do the holes work as they should?

Is it heavy at all?

Thanks for the info. One of the big cons I was reading about earlier versions was with the holes. The ball would roll right over the hole instead of dropping in it. What are you seeing so far? Do the holes work as they should?

I'm finding that it really depends on the speed of your putt. If you hit a putt that would normally drop in the hole on a real green, then they will drop on here for the most part. The white cup and "flag" really help keep the ball in the cup if you hit it the right pace. The one exception I am finding is the edges of the cup. I would say about 75% of putts that hit the edge and would drop on a real green, drop on this. About 25% do not drop. But if you hit the middle or near the middle, then no problem.

Is it heavy at all?

Not as heavy as I expected. When I was tracking the shipment, FedEx said it was 53 lbs! I would say it is no more than 10 lbs. I can't say for sure though because I don't have a scale. It is easily moved around to where you want to put it, and stays in place during use.

I'm finding that is is pretty fun to try to create different breaks. With 4 shims, any break you can imagine is possible.

I wish they would sell those pins separately instead of just for their mat. Those pins would have fit nicely in my Big Moss mat and would have saved me the trouble of jury rigging something.

Hey JNUG,

They are going to seel them sepeartely after the holidays on thir website.

Just got my putting green today. I got the 9x4 but got 13x4 with the free upgrade. Love being able to roll my putters in the basement now. It doesnt work the best on carpet but it works. And its huge. Thing barely fits in the space I have but it'll work.

Just got my putting green today. I got the 9x4 but got 13x4 with the free upgrade. Love being able to roll my putters in the basement now. It doesnt work the best on carpet but it works. And its huge. Thing barely fits in the space I have but it'll work.

i was wondering where you've been dude. that's awesome that it's there already. i wish i had somewhere to put one of those.

i was wondering where you've been dude. that's awesome that it's there already. i wish i had somewhere to put one of those.

Pick the size that fits broski. Ive been on since about 4PM dude. Posting like a machine.

Pick the size that fits broski. Ive been on since about 4PM dude. Posting like a machine.

i was being silly. i'm glad you like your putting green dude. now you need to add some more putters to the collection.

Back