Bought a new R9 Supertri but it has Ladies shaft

Thanks for all of the help everyone!

I found what I thought was a great deal on Boxing Day. Brand new Supertri but with ladies shaft. For $125 I couldn't just leave it there so I bought it in hope that I could re-shaft it. The service guy told me I'd be better off just buying a club with a mens shaft because the cost of buying a compatible mens shaft would be too much. I decided to call his ignorance and risk buying it, hoping that if nothing else I could just sell it and make my money back.

Good deal, for $125 I would have bought it as well.

Hit a few balls at the golf store. These are my stats with a TM Burner Superlaunch 7 iron. Regular flex shaft

cf2ff38f-e8ef-5232.jpg

Going off of generalizations I would say Regular flex with something that will lower your spin. The SuperTri is a high spin driver head and your backspin is a little higher than I would like to see it.

Hmm, thats very odd that your 7i carry was 166 and your driver carry was 194. I dont know if I have ever seen that to be honest. (dont take this as me knocking you at all, I understand your new to the game, and im still trying to learn it myself but just have never saw something like that before)

Were you able to get that fitting done for $60?

didn't do the fitting, just swung these two clubs. Im guessing you are wondering why my driver only goes 20 yards further than my 7 iron?
I could give a couple possible reasons. I have bad a swing/form and don't hit with the driver very well. I found the the rubber tee was higher than I like it and I was hitting the ball way too high. I had a few drives that I skyed and didn't even register.
The other thing was that the guy running the system says its really accurate for swing speed but not as accurate for distance. Beyond that, I don't really have an answer or maybe thats not even waht you were getting at.

I dont really pay much attention to that. I based my thoughts on swing speed and spin.

any thoughts on some good shafts?

Lots, probably too many to mention but if your fitting led to some shaft suggestions then go to ebay and you can find some great deals. Also if you go to Grafalloy.com you can do their shaft fit and it will give you a suggestion. Its not the best way to pick a shaft but its something.

It's almost impossible to tell you which shaft to choose without knowing how you hit the head. You may hit the ball high with too much spin and need a low launching shaft or vice versa. Best advice is to get to a golf store and try some out. Many places will have shafts with R9 adaptors in them. Or, you could try to find the stock shaft and go from there?

Maybe I am way off base here- but Have you tried hitting it with the L shaft? I have often heard that you should hit the softest shaft you can control. Maybe its just a myth, but it might be worth it to try it out anyway. At least take it out to a range and see what you think. Could be that extra kick with the shaft will get you extra distance. At least it would give you a starting point- and a better one then a test with a completely different driver. When I started back using a driver I had a superloft with a very light A flex- which is pretty close to L. It was the perfect flex for me to learn to get the driver under control.

Back