Kevin Streelman joins Wilson Staff

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
Confirmed earlier today on Twitter, Kevin Streelman is now a member of Wilson Staff's Golf stable. He will be playing FG Tour irons, while carrying the bag, and wearing the cap.

Press Release

January 4, 2011
Wilson Golf Signs Kevin Streelman as Wilson Staff Advisory Member

Wilson Golf, the Chicago-based company with more Major victories (61) than any other golf club manufacturer, today announced that it has reached an agreement with Chicago native, Kevin Streelman, as its newest Wilson Staff Advisory Member. The multi-year deal was finalized shortly after Wilson Golf announced that PGA TOUR rising star Ricky Barnes had re-signed with the company. Streelman will also join three-time Major winner Padraig Harrington, a Wilson Staff Advisory Member since 1998, as well as Major winner Paul Lawrie and Europe’s young star, Steve Webster from the European PGA TOUR.

“Wilson Golf is excited to welcome Kevin Streelman to the Wilson Golf team,” said Tim Clarke, general manager of Wilson Golf. “Kevin is truly entering the prime of his career and we are excited to be a part of that process. We couldn’t be more proud to have a native-Chicagoan representing our Chicago-based brand on the PGA TOUR.”

Streelman will play the Wilson Staff FG Tour irons and the Wilson Staff FG Tour wedges in all tournament play, as well as carry the distinctive red and white Wilson Staff bag and wear Wilson Staff headwear through the 2012 season.

“You can’t say enough about the history of Wilson Golf and what the company has meant to the game,” said Streelman. “I look forward to great success in the future while playing the Wilson Staff FG Tour irons and am proud to represent a company with such a great legacy.”

Streelman ranked 24th on TOUR with five top-ten finishes and finished 25th in the 2010 FedEx Cup standings. Notable PGA TOUR finishes include a T3 at The Barclays at Ridgewood Country Club where he shot a tournament-low 63, a T7 at the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill and a T9 at the year-ending TOUR Championship at East Lake Country Club in Atlanta, Ga. His recent success in 2010 has qualified him for the upcoming 2011 Masters, 2011 U.S. Open and 2011 British Open.

http://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf/news/63179/

way to go kevin streelman!

I wouldn't mind seeing Steelman doing very well this year, and seeing Wilson mentioned more (like it was during Padraig's glory days).

Nice grab for W/S.

Streelman ranked 24th on TOUR with five top-ten finishes and finished 25th in the 2010 FedEx Cup standings. Notable PGA TOUR finishes include a T3 at The Barclays at Ridgewood Country Club where he shot a tournament-low 63, a T7 at the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill and a T9 at the year-ending TOUR Championship at East Lake Country Club in Atlanta, Ga. His recent success in 2010 has qualified him for the upcoming 2011 Masters, 2011 U.S. Open and 2011 British Open.

I must admit, I have no idea who this guy is!

I must admit, I have no idea who this guy is!

I follow him a bit because he is from chicagoland. I once saw him hitting balls at his course, Cantigny, just outside Chicago a while back.

Congrats to W/S! He won the Kodak Challenge in '09 right?

Its a good signing for W/S. They need a larger stable and this helps. Plus he is a good guy at promoting himself through social media. That helps a lot in certain terms (see Bubba Watson).

But I have to say, if golf was a team sport and you were going to offer me a trade based on creating brand awareness and I was told

Jeff Overton (post ryder cup)
G-Mac (fresh off of RC & beating TW)

for

Jim Furyk (not huge on excitement)
Tim Clark (many dont even know his name)
Kevin Streelman

I would jump for joy.

Nice signing by Wilson. Streelman has gotten better every year. It'll be interesting to see if he still plays the Srixon ball or if he changes to a Wilson ball.

Nice signing by Wilson. Streelman has gotten better every year. It'll be interesting to see if he still plays the Srixon ball or if he changes to a Wilson ball.

It does not look like he will be playing the Wilson ball. I would expect to see either a Titleist or Srixon in his bag soon.

Back