THP Dinner - 2011 Outing & Demo Day

I like just about anything, but would love to see some seafood. Peel & eat shrimp, blackened grouper, grilled sea bass, steamed crab legs with drawn butter, fish & chips with fresh tartar sauce, corn on the cob...etc.

Second thought would be a cuban feast with a whole roasted pig, plantains, beans and rice, roasted chicken, etc.

Third thought would be a Hawaiian Luau style with everything that comes with that. Maybe Lucas could be the fire juggling entertainment??

Crap, I'm hungry now.

Was it dark at the last dinner?

The food at the last Outing was terrific!! It will be definitely hard to top, but I'm sure you guys will find a way!!

I'm always quite partial to pizza, so what about a sort of pizza buffet? Have all sorts of different kinds and types of pizza. Different crusts, cheese bread and bread sticks with dipping sauces and all varieties of pizza. Basically you name it and it's there. Just my thoughts though.

lol we could just have the dinner at Pizza Hut, they do a buffet. :alien:

Just like you can't get good Mexican food here either right? i think we heard that one before. hehe

Going into this one, I am sure people thought you can't get good Italian food from a FL resort. Or that Grilled Cheese could not possibly be that good. Truth be told, upscale resorts have incredible chefs and they can make just about anything.

Just as long as Wilder doesnt make the food and he doesnt serve me. I like Biggsy's ideas on this. Oh and blackened anything is delicious. Maybe some blackened redfish or snapper?

you forgot sushi dude :act-up:
I like just about anything, but would love to see some seafood. Peel & eat shrimp, blackened grouper, grilled sea bass, steamed crab legs with drawn butter, fish & chips with fresh tartar sauce, corn on the cob...etc.

Second thought would be a cuban feast with a whole roasted pig, plantains, beans and rice, roasted chicken, etc.

Third thought would be a Hawaiian Luau style with everything that comes with that. Maybe Lucas could be the fire juggling entertainment??

Crap, I'm hungry now.

Was it dark at the last dinner?

Freaking seafood! I would be all over that! We would have to have an alternative for people who don't like/are allergic to it.

TapaTalking while driving. I swear it's safe. Oh cra...

whats this gra-tooittuy stuff you keep talking about?

I would love to see some sort of a seafood spread. I live in the mountains where all I can get is BBQ and southern food. But, I can also eat anything so I am not picky. whats best for all is what I will eat.

Easy there Captain Nemo!!! not everyone loves seafood like you do, of course Florida I am sure has the best seafood in the world. I guess those that don't care for seafood can stop and get agrilled cheese sandwich from the ibar.

I vote for the BBQ idea. You could maybe even offer a couple of different type of BBQ items, like pork, chicken and ribs.

BBQ sounds great to me.......I'm a Carolina boy at heart!!

Easy there Captain Nemo!!! not everyone loves seafood like you do, of course Florida I am sure has the best seafood in the world. I guess those that don't care for seafood can stop and get agrilled cheese sandwich from the ibar.

I am sure you are just being funny and sarcastic but since I cannot tell tone over the internet let me just say that we would never organize an event where we would be serving food that people don't like. We had a vegetarian at our last dinner and we made sure we had vegetarian dishes for that person. It's extremely important to us that we host an event that makes everyone happy. Now if a lot of people are interested in fish we can always look into something like a surf and turf, who knows.

May I suggest peach cobbler for desert? Maybe some good ole Key Lime Pie as well. Red Velvet cake is always delicious. German chocolate cake is delicious.

I am sure you are just being funny and sarcastic but since I cannot tell tone over the internet let me just say that we would never organize an event where we would be serving food that people don't like. We had a vegetarian at our last dinner and we made sure we had vegetarian dishes for that person. It's extremely important to us that we host an event that makes everyone happy. Now if a lot of people are interested in fish we can always look into something like a surf and turf, who knows.

I know GG , was just goofing off with One-T, sorry I probably should of sent that via a private message cause you are right, tone and inflection are hard to tell via text chatting

lol we could just have the dinner at Pizza Hut, they do a buffet. :alien:

Dangit! Ashley said the same thing last night. I tried to explain to her that is would be far nicer than Pizza Hut. That pizza can be quite fancy especially if top chefs are making it.

I guess you can scrap my idea..... I promise my intentions were good!

woah now Shrek...Everyone loves seafood but you and Yoccos. I like Yoccos so I will buy his dinner. You can starve for all I care! hahaha, I had to joke back. I knew you were kidding. and I really do not care what is served. I literally can eat any kind of food. especially when its free.

In the end, I'm sure whatever the final decision is, I'm sure it will be fantastic. I like seafood (AG does not), I like BBQ, I'm not sold on sushi.... but whatever is there, it will be awesome!

Dangit! Ashley said the same thing last night. I tried to explain to her that is would be far nicer than Pizza Hut. That pizza can be quite fancy especially if top chefs are making it.

funny thing is....I am helping someone plan an appetizer type dinner and you gave me a GREAT idea when putting this. Grilled pizza. perfect finger food.

lol its all good man. I know what you meant and I agree you can have some very very nice pizza from the right place. Like Papa Johns! Or Pizzeria Uno! haha

Im sure this place will make whatever is chosen into a very nice dinner. And Im sure there will be plenty of options for everyone. They made the best grilled cheese ive ever had bar none.

May I suggest peach cobbler for desert? Maybe some good ole Key Lime Pie as well. Red Velvet cake is always delicious. German chocolate cake is delicious.
I'm all over the Key Lime pie!

funny thing is....I am helping someone plan an appetizer type dinner and you gave me a GREAT idea when putting this. Grilled pizza. perfect finger food.

Glad to help!!

lol its all good man. I know what you meant and I agree you can have some very very nice pizza from the right place. Like Papa Johns! Or Pizzeria Uno! haha

Im sure this place will make whatever is chosen into a very nice dinner. And Im sure there will be plenty of options for everyone. They made the best grilled cheese ive ever had bar none.

I know man, I was just shocked because like I said, Ashley said the exact same thing when I metioned it. It could still be a good idea.... I mean, who doesn't like pizza?

woah now Shrek...Everyone loves seafood but you and Yoccos. I like Yoccos so I will buy his dinner. You can starve for all I care! hahaha, I had to joke back. I knew you were kidding. and I really do not care what is served. I literally can eat any kind of food. especially when its free.

Ok Donkey, you can get your own hot dog this time :D

Ok Donkey, you can get your own hot dog this time :D

damn, that back fired.

Whats top on the list right now JB and GG? or is it all up in the air?

damn, that back fired.

Whats top on the list right now JB and GG? or is it all up in the air?

It is up in the air. We are taking each suggestion and going back and forth with the resort to determine what we can do based on price, availability, etc...

Since Scotland is the birthplace of golf I think it is only appropriate the you serve a traditional Scottish dish for dinner... Haggis

For those that aren't familiar with Haggis;

Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours...:sick::sick::sick:

gallery_1643_1586_602621.jpg

you know....Irish food would actually be a great idea!

JN, that has to be one of the grossest things I've ever seen. I'll try anything once, but I dunno about that one.....

Basically what you are saying is cake and pie are good. And I agree 100000000%!

Back