Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

here is a minor detailed question. How is the headcover holding up for those testing? I think the headcover looks good, but I would rather have the kind that was on the DST model. With the sock style is it fraying or have you gotten any holes in it?

I know some headcovers don't hold up really well but.... if the headcover was horrible would that really determine if you bought the club if it was getting rave reviews? Personally I don't use stock headcovers unless I really like them. I would use the one that came on the Mashie for sure!!

I must of missed that you are right.. I will send it today. Go outside and wait for the mail to deliver it to you. :D

Don't toy with me man!! I'll do it!! :D

I know some headcovers don't hold up really well but.... if the headcover was horrible would that really determine if you bought the club if it was getting rave reviews? Personally I don't use stock headcovers unless I really like them. I would use the one that came on the Mashie for sure!!

No it makes no difference as far as if I decide to buy the club or not but for my money Id rather have something better is all. And if the DST headcover fits on the Mashie, I might just use that one. Maybe JB can do an experiment and report back? I know the DST head is a little smaller.

here is a minor detailed question. How is the headcover holding up for those testing? I think the headcover looks good, but I would rather have the kind that was on the DST model. With the sock style is it fraying or have you gotten any holes in it?

I agree. Love the DST headcover and hate the sock. With the sock style they start to get loose over time and then they dont stay on very well.

I have not seen any stretching, holes, etc on the head cover. It has held up to a few rounds and some range sessions with no noticable wear and tear. I too occasionally use different head covers whether they are sports teams or animals and such on my clubs. I really like the logo of the Mashie on the head cover.

No it makes no difference as far as if I decide to buy the club or not but for my money Id rather have something better is all. And if the DST headcover fits on the Mashie, I might just use that one. Maybe JB can do an experiment and report back? I know the DST head is a little smaller.

Just tried it and it fit perfectly.

As for the headcover, I have been using the Mashie since the outing and like you have always had problems with this type of headcover getting loose or holes. Happy to report no such issues have plagued it.

Here is what im finding..

Also I would like to add that the headcover is holding up just fine for any of you wondering, stretched out just a tiny bit from it being on the club but that is expected and I have not seen any more stretching of it, still fits like a glove on the club.

no it wouldn't keep me from buying a club, however since this is a long term review I think everything should and is being looked at. Same thing for a golf grip. A stock grip wouldn't keep me from buying a club, but I'd still like to know about the grip.

I like the headcover personally, it goes with the design of the club. Quite frankly it is a well designed and thought out head cover for that specific club. I understand a custom headcover like a THP one or a daphne's but I guess I just dont get people not liking a head cover. I could care less as long as the club performs. Dont get me wrong, I dont like the ones that are WORK to get on and off. But to me it seems like this one is easy and it tells the story behind the club design.

Yeah usually first thing I do is cut the grip off and switch headcovers. :D

I like the headcover personally, it goes with the design of the club. Quite frankly it is a well designed and thought out head cover for that specific club. I understand a custom headcover like a THP one or a daphne's but I guess I just dont get people not liking a head cover. I could care less as long as the club performs. Dont get me wrong, I dont like the ones that are WORK to get on and off. But to me it seems like this one is easy and it tells the story behind the club design.

The headcover does fit in with the "old school" theme with the Mashie.

I love the design of the headcover and I think it compliments the club very nicely. I've just never like the whole sock style of headcovers.

I love the design of the headcover and I think it compliments the club very nicely. I've just never like the whole sock style of headcovers.

which is fine, I just put my .02 in. I personally love the sock because I like the vintage look

Man I'd have to keep this head cover. Just seeing JB's WITB pic your (or perhaps just my) eyes go right for the Mashie HC. It's sort of like a promise of something special underneath, and from what we have been reading it is a kept promise.

I do hope Cleveland is keeping an eye on this thread.

Man I'd have to keep this head cover. Just seeing JB's WITB pic your (or perhaps just my) eyes go right for the Mashie HC. It's sort of like a promise of something special underneath, and from what we have been reading it is a kept promise.

I do hope Cleveland is keeping an eye on this thread.

thats another reason I like it, it draws your eyes to it

I agree it goes with the whole theme just not my preference is all.

which is fine, I just put my .02 in. I personally love the sock because I like the vintage look

feel the same way, I just don't like the lack of durability that I've had with those types of covers in the past. As said before, I wouldn't not buy this club because of the headcover.

feel the same way, I just don't like the lack of durability that I've had with those types of covers in the past. As said before, I wouldn't not buy this club because of the headcover.

I hear ya, I would never not buy a club because of the cover either.

Headcover has held up very well for me over the last 7 weeks or so. No stretching. I didn't love it at first, but I really like it now. If it holds up over time, I think it's a winner.

I hear ya, I would never not buy a club because of the cover either.

Same here. Grips and headcovers are too easy to change. This club could come without both and Id still buy it and fix'er up

Has anyone made any changes to the grip? I am sorry if someone else asked this......

Headcover has held up very well for me over the last 7 weeks or so. No stretching. I didn't love it at first, but I really like it now. If it holds up over time, I think it's a winner.

I agree! my bro gave me a tarheels sock headcover that didnt hold up very well so I stopped using it.

Me too for the most part. With the Mashie, the grip really seems to fit the club. I'm not sure if anyone else has switched though. Anyone?

The only grip I think I would use is the light winn grips. I'm not sure if a different grip would impact anything though other than personal fee.

On another note, I love the headcover! It's slim and doesn't take up too much of the top of the bag.

Haha, I didn't see this as I was replying to an earlier post. I haven't. I may for a lightweight Winn that I'm fond of, but this grip works for me.

Has anyone made any changes to the grip? I am sorry if someone else asked this......

Stock grip is pretty good, actually. It's a Lamkin Superlite. If I were to change it, I'd be careful that I got something similar in weight, so I didn't mess up the swing weight of the club.

Back