Burner 2.0 "B" version

I figured! Thought I'd ask tho-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinner topline. It means something to some people.

I also see more versatility in a blade compared to some players cavities, but not all.

Funny you ask, because I just got the stat from the Fall series 2010. 72.7%

What criteria was used to determine if a club fell into the cavity back category? For example, my MP 62's have what Mizuno calls a "Dual Muscle Player's Cavity." Would this fall into the cavity back category for these statistics?

Thinner topline. It means something to some people.

I also see more versatility in a blade compared to some players cavities, but not all.
Maybe it depends on what a person grew up with? At one time there was nothing but blades with just thin top lines, narrow soles and hardly any offset. Maybe it's a visual thing? I don't know.

What criteria was used to determine if a club fell into the cavity back category? For example, my MP 62's have what Mizuno calls a "Dual Muscle Player's Cavity." Would this fall into the cavity back category for these statistics?

I can't answer that other than having perimeter weighting. But I think most would be able to pick out a muscle back from a cavity back. I think anyway.

Fair enough...just curious.

+1, What is it with the some golf forum members and their need to bag blades? Don't get me wrong everybody should swing them just to see what guys were playing with back in the late 70's but give me a break.

I've played blades most of my golfing life. I'm comfortable with the look of them, I'm comfortable hitting them, they inspire confidence for me. Should I be ridiculed as a relic and switch to cavities because they're popular now?
Jumping on the cavity bandwagon might be just as bad as jumping on the blade bandwagon. :wink:

(I'll test them all and whichever iron ticks all the boxes will end up in my bag :wink:)

Fair enough...just curious.

I see now that my post may have sounded wrong. It was not intended that way. But to answer the question, I really dont know. I believe it is based solely on perimeter weighting and having that "cavity" as part of the iron. At least in terms of counts.

I think that most would benefit from playing blades in the short irons, I think they would be able to control the ball better....just my opinion, I was intrigued by this b version, I really wanted the new Taylormade forged irons, but after seeing all that offset there coming with in the MC and CB, I just cant, i play a draw already and with those all I would see is hook....

I think that most would benefit from playing blades in the short irons, I think they would be able to control the ball better....just my opinion, I was intrigued by this b version, I really wanted the new Taylormade forged irons, but after seeing all that offset there coming with in the MC and CB, I just cant, i play a draw already and with those all I would see is hook....

Wow, after speaking with club designers, watching robot testing, etc.., I could NOT disagree with you more on that thought. Better players maybe, but more mass equals more control ALL the time. Hence the reason that MB irons have more mass behind the sweet spot. Cavity backs do not eliminate that in many cases, just also add more mass in other areas to have more control when you dont hit the sweet spot.

JB, if i remember correctly I think your irons got a very favorable rating in the golf digest hot list, I wonder whats the best players cavity club out and coming out....

I was under the impression that offset had more to do with making the ball get in the air easier as opposed to promoting a draw?

I was under the impression that offset had more to do with making the ball get in the air easier as opposed to promoting a draw?

You are correct sir.

JB, if i remember correctly I think your irons got a very favorable rating in the golf digest hot list, I wonder whats the best players cavity club out and coming out....

I dont put too much stock into the hot list, but my irons I am testing right now are not players cavity irons. They are GI irons. The Tour version is a players cavity.

JB, please post the video of Sergio of talking about the "B" version irons and how offset makes him feel like he is going to hit a draw, I share the same thoughts, I didnt speak on what it was designed to, I was speaking on what i see looking down at all that offset, but thanks for telling me what offset is for, if thats the case I need zero offset getting the ball in the air is not an issue.

JB, please post the video of Sergio of talking about the "B" version irons and how offset makes him feel like he is going to hit a draw, I share the same thoughts, I didnt speak on what it was designed to, I was speaking on what i see looking down at all that offset, but thanks for telling me what offset is for, if thats the case I need zero offset getting the ball in the air is not an issue.

Its already posted in our forum. GG shot that video with Sergio earlier this year.

Any time. I misread your comment as you saying the offset would cause you to hook the ball as opposed to your preference on aesthetics.

Back