Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity Forged Irons

I love how simple those irons look. Great review JB, thank you!

It's a shame Bridgestone doesn't distribute their clubs up here in Canada. I'm sure there are lots of low-mid handicappers up here that would love to be able to buy these! Myself included, if I was a low-mid 'capper! :D

Great review for great looking clubs! Nice work JB!

Great review and an awesome looking set of irons!

Great review and an awesome looking set of irons!

I thought you would like these since they are very classic looking like the Exotics we reviewed previously.

It seems like most of us like the clean look. I am refering to the lack of badges and excessive paint. I hope Bridgestone incorporates this into their game improvement/enhancement sets. I bet they would have a winner.

It seems like most of us like the clean look. I am refering to the lack of badges and excessive paint. I hope Bridgestone incorporates this into their game improvement/enhancement sets. I bet they would have a winner.

This is a game enhancement set.

I thought you would like these since they are very classic looking like the Exotics we reviewed previously.

They are both great looking sets! while my handicapp doesn't fit these I would love to try them out. I like the clean look like my Mac's have.

They are both great looking sets! while my handicapp doesn't fit these I would love to try them out. I like the clean look like my Mac's have.

There is a chance some of this stuff will be at the outing. You could always make it down that way.

There is a chance some of this stuff will be at the outing. You could always make it down that way.

I am still trying to figure out a way to make it down there, I have to wait and see how a couple of issues that have come up here play out first.

This is a game enhancement set.

I really need to check these out than. I thought they were the blade sTyle I have problems hitting. I also need to get a bigger monitor.

I really need to check these out than. I thought they were the blade sTyle I have problems hitting. I also need to get a bigger monitor.

There is a dual pocket cavity. But Game Enhancement is another term for players iron.

As stated, very clean looking players irons. I have never demo'd Bridgestone irons - any comparison to specific Mizuno MP lineup (58/62...)?

Both very solid players irons. Soft feel, good performance. I really like the dual cavity feature in these.

Nice review JB!! Nice looking sticks. Wish I had the game to swing them.

Great review JB, and right on the money from what I remember thinking almost a year ago. They are great looking, and you definitely know if it was struck poorly or well.

Bridgestone j38 dual pocket cavity irons...... HOW FORGIVING? Pics at address?

Bridgestone j38 dual pocket cavity irons...... HOW FORGIVING? Pics at address?

I am very interested in these irons but as an 18 handicap i am not sure if i can play these. I currently play 09 burners which have a lot of offset. i would still like some offset just not as much as the burners. I have heard and read great things about the j38 duals but would love some feedback from those that have played them. Pics at address showing offset and topline of the 4 and 6 would be very helpful! Thanks!:D

Thanks. does anyone have a closer pic and a more over the top veiw as if i were adrressing the ball? Also, can an 18 game these? I have a slower swing speed and i dont know much about the px 5.0's. Thanks!

Merged with a rather large thread on the topic.

I have been demoing a lot of clubs and thought I had narrowed my choice down to Mizuno JPX-800's or Tour Edge XCG-3 or XCG-4, then today I hit the J38 and TM R9 TP.

I like the looks of the J38 and the TM R9 better then the JPX-800, haven't' really compared the looks of the J38 and TM R9 TP to the XCG yet.

Question - If I can hit the R9's well at a 14 HC, shouldn't, in theory at least, I be able to hit the J38's as good, all things being equal?

I like the feel of the J38 I was hitting, only issue is I need a 2* up in a club and the J38 I was hitting was standard and the R9 was 2* up. I kept hitting the J38 on the toe and the R9 at 2* up I was hitting, for the most part on the sweet spot.

I'm thinking of getting the J38's.

I am welcoming opinions on this question and subject.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this.

How many people will be testing these and when? Or is it just another sweet THP JB/GolferGal Review?

Just got myself a set of these irons, really cannot wait to take them to the course, I wonder what they'll be like in comparison to my R9 TPs

Just got myself a set of these irons, really cannot wait to take them to the course, I wonder what they'll be like in comparison to my R9 TPs

How is it going with the Bridgestones?

Back