Looking to buy a new set of cg7 tour irons

mbgolf

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All,
Im a new member here and was looking for some feedback on the cleveland CG7 tours (not black pearl). I am a 4 HC and want a players iron. does anyone know if these clubs are workable? I have hit the cg7 bp and hit them pretty well but I cannot stand to look down at a black iron. so If anyone knows anything about the Cg7 tour (red) I would appreciate any feedback Thanks!

Come on now I know there is someone out there that has played these irons and can give me some info on how they play :disapointed:

sorry mbg, I have not hit those irons.

I played them for a while. Very good iron. Not as forgiving as the regular set, but very workable and very performance driven. Can move the ball any direction and just an all around solid iron choice if you ask me. I would suggest getting a good shaft fitting to make sure that the irons can match ball flight since they are geared towards performance.

Hey thanks JB, i have pretty much played A DG s300 in my irons as thats the shaft that has fit my swing the best. Ive hit the CG7 BP tour with X100 but I felt it to be a tad much Very tight dispersion but felt I may have lost 4-5 yds. Do you Think the s300 would be a good shaft for this paticular iron?

Hey thanks JB, i have pretty much played A DG s300 in my irons as thats the shaft that has fit my swing the best. Ive hit the CG7 BP tour with X100 but I felt it to be a tad much Very tight dispersion but felt I may have lost 4-5 yds. Do you Think the s300 would be a good shaft for this paticular iron?

Dunno how long you are normally but a very tight dispersion at a loss of 5 yards would be worth it to me. I love DG shafts as well, Project X feel soft to me and launch way too high.

Yea JRod I was hitting a 7 Iron 160 with the X100 But with s300 I usally hit an 8 iron 155-160 But Im a high ball hitter And i sure do not want a shaft that allows me to hit any higher. I could not tell any difference in ballflight with either shaft so im really thinking bout the s300!

Thanks guys for the info I think I will be going with CG7 tours with DG s300 shafts!

We want pics when you get them :)

Thanks guys for the info I think I will be going with CG7 tours with DG s300 shafts!

Better to find a GolfTEC nearby if you have one and get properly fitted. I had my eyes on the CG7s among some other irons but the various launch and spin numbers with them were very bad for me and other irons came out much better. I also found a few new shaft options. DG300 might not be the best shaft for you. If you can find a place to get a true fitting done, like GolfTEC, it is invaluable.

Have you thought about waiting for the CG16 Tours. They look very nice!

I've hit them a few times, a good friend of my Dad's has them. They are very workable and I really liked them a lot, they never were just right for me though but if you already have your shaft dialed in go for it :)

I played the CG7 tours with DG S300's last season and they were great for me. I mostly played a fade with them but could definitely work the ball both ways.

I'm with Dr. Teeth though, the CG16's are coming out soon and look very nice. Maybe wait until they come out and see if they work any better for you. The price of the CG7's will have dropped even more by then as well.

I played the CG7 tours with DG S300's last season and they were great for me. I mostly played a fade with them but could definitely work the ball both ways.

I'm with Dr. Teeth though, the CG16's are coming out soon and look very nice. Maybe wait until they come out and see if they work any better for you. The price of the CG7's will have dropped even more by then as well.

Yea Im really looking for something in the 400 buck range and the CG7 Tours I can get new for 350. Alsoi really dont like the looks of the cg16.

I have actually hit the CG7 BP with a X100 shaft and it was a bit much And everyone tells me that they are basicly the same club as the Reds except they have zip grooves. Ive pretty much always play DG s300 it is a pretty good shaft for my swing.

Back