Nike MachSpeed Black Driver Review

i still think this one of the best looking drivers on the market. i hope to be able to demo one at some point.

The square worked for me, but what can I say, lol, guess I'm square. Why is it that the things I pick up thinking "This don't stand a chance", works? P4B handed this to me and I fell in love. Next thing you know I'll be addicted to monkey butt powder, haha

The square worked for me, but what can I say, lol, guess I'm square. Why is it that the things I pick up thinking "This don't stand a chance", works? P4B handed this to me and I fell in love. Next thing you know I'll be addicted to monkey butt powder, haha

Same thing for me... The square with stiff shaft was great to hit at the range... I will likely have one of these in my bag very soon!! I love the looks, and the feel is great!
I was happy that it lowered my launch angle (i believe it was a 9.5* face) and that it was consistently easy to hit.
It's a lower profile club, and allowed me to tee a lot lower than I usually do (Thanks T.Hanks for helping me out on the range)

i still think this one of the best looking drivers on the market. i hope to be able to demo one at some point.

I agree, loved the looks!!

I swung this driver today. It was suprising how nice it felt. It was also very easy to swing. I thought that the ball flight was a little higher than I was used to. But I got good carry and distance from the club. If push came to shove, I would game the 2011 line of Nike sticks.

I swung this driver today. It was suprising how nice it felt. It was also very easy to swing. I thought that the ball flight was a little higher than I was used to. But I got good carry and distance from the club. If push came to shove, I would game the 2011 line of Nike sticks.

Nice! Go buy you one!

Nice! Go buy you one!

I would need some special force to take my Supertri out of the bag. It would have to be an extreme measure.

I put one of these in my bag early December... I love it. This review was one of the ones that gave me some great insight before I went out and tested it then ultimately bought it. Thanks!

I put one of these in my bag early December... I love it. This review was one of the ones that gave me some great insight before I went out and tested it then ultimately bought it. Thanks!
I'm glad you like it, I really love the round version, just not crazy about the square (as evident from the review). They're good drivers for sure, looks are still 2nd to none as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad you like it, I really love the round version, just not crazy about the square (as evident from the review). They're good drivers for sure, looks are still 2nd to none as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed man. Looks are arguably the best out there right now. Just wish the performance matched the looks

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I was a fan of this at the outing, I have liked Nike drivers in the past too. Glad you are seeing some success with it Jag.

Yeah... I had one of the original blue 350cc Nike forged drivers with a Harrison Titanium shaft in my bag for almost 10 years. Believe it or not this was the first driver I tested that outperformed it in feel, forgiveness, and distance, at least with my swing!
Now I just need to find a replacement for the Titleist DCI 981s that I can't seem to pull out of my bag. :doh:

Yeah... I had one of the original blue 350cc Nike forged drivers with a Harrison Titanium shaft in my bag for almost 10 years. Believe it or not this was the first driver I tested that outperformed it in feel, forgiveness, and distance, at least with my swing!
Now I just need to find a replacement for the Titleist DCI 981s that I can't seem to pull out of my bag. :doh:

that was my first oversized driver. I still have it in my parents basement.

I demo'd the Machspeed at our club last weekend, not what I expected. If there weren't some other great drivers coming soon I likely would have purchased it as the dispersion was tight throughout the round with good wintertime distance. I did hit a couple balloon balls but that was operator error.

I demo'd the Machspeed at our club last weekend, not what I expected. If there weren't some other great drivers coming soon I likely would have purchased it as the dispersion was tight throughout the round with good wintertime distance. I did hit a couple balloon balls but that was operator error.

What were some of the things you didn't like about it?

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I actually really liked this driver when I demo'd it at the PGA SuperStore. It was probably my 2nd favorite driver on the day behind the Octane Tour. My launch angle was a bit higher than I wanted but I'm sure that could be combated if I had the chance to hit a 9.5* head (they only had a 10.5* in LH). I love the looks of the driver, I quite liked the sound/feel, and the distance was pretty good.

The only Nike driver I ever tried was the old square ones and I did not care for those at all. I look forward to trying this out in a few months

I actually really liked this driver when I demo'd it at the PGA SuperStore. It was probably my 2nd favorite driver on the day behind the Octane Tour. My launch angle was a bit higher than I wanted but I'm sure that could be combated if I had the chance to hit a 9.5* head (they only had a 10.5* in LH). I love the looks of the driver, I quite liked the sound/feel, and the distance was pretty good.

even though they copied that black out look from Taylormade?:alien: I kid of course

I wouldn't mind testing this one on a monitor

even though they copied that black out look from Taylormade?:alien: I kid of course

I wouldn't mind testing this one on a monitor

Funny. But I know that nike brought out an all blacked out look (shaft and all) taylormade doesn't do that. Nice try though.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

I just picked up this driver with an Aldila RIP Alpha 70... I was going to test it against my current Vr Str8-Fit. I wanted to see if the newer lighter weight / areo dynamic drivers were better for my swing.

I just picked up this driver with an Aldila RIP Alpha 70... I was going to test it against my current Vr Str8-Fit. I wanted to see if the newer lighter weight / areo dynamic drivers were better for my swing.

Nice pickup CB!!! Can't wait to hear more of your thoughts about it.

Nice pickup CB!!! Can't wait to hear more of your thoughts about it.

Thanks buddy... I'm going to try to get them into a simulator next weekend. The other cool part is I can mess with both the Miyazaki and RIP shafts in both Vr and MS heads...

I know not quite a THP outing...

Thanks buddy... I'm going to try to get them into a simulator next weekend. The other cool part is I can mess with both the Miyazaki and RIP shafts in both Vr and MS heads...

a nice added bonus there

How does this new shaft, which seems to be warmly received, compare to the UST version in the "original"
Machspeed?
I just not get used to that older version shaft despite really liking the clubhead. Perhaps it was related
to the high torque or something. I think I read where it was about 5.0 or 6.
I'm hoping this Fubuki version has a stiffer tip section.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

I think it's definitely lighter but found it a little on the 'whippy' side for my liking.
How does this new shaft, which seems to be warmly received, compare to the UST version in the "original"
Machspeed?
I just not get used to that older version shaft despite really liking the clubhead. Perhaps it was related
to the high torque or something. I think I read where it was about 5.0 or 6.
I'm hoping this Fubuki version has a stiffer tip section.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

I just got to hit mine on the range for the first time yesterday and really liked it. My old driver was a HiBore. True test will be when I get to take it to the course, but no complaints so far. Stock stiff shaft and grip, 9.5 neutral.

Back