Don't care for MH. I've seen him a few times now and he has too many buckets, boards, poles, and other gee gaws.

I saw an episode of this and didnt care for it. I like the Golf Fix better. And Pipe Dreams still sucks.

You and me both, man! I'm intrigued by his point about addressing the ball in the middle of the face with the driver on the ground being a problem and leading to that "black hole" hit. Can't wait to try out his recommendation - once all this damn snow melts :angry:

Yep, that was pretty interesting stuff there.

Yep, that was pretty interesting stuff there.

I actually did find this kind of interesting. Maybe in a few months when I can actually hit balls I'll try it.

OEM Kevin

was it me or did it seem like breed gave martin some weird looks on some of the stuff he said and I thought it was funny how Martin didn't hit one ball really solid haaha. He is a little older than breed though. But I like martin's style and how he talks.

was it me or did it seem like breed gave martin some weird looks on some of the stuff he said and I thought it was funny how Martin didn't hit one ball really solid haaha. He is a little older than breed though. But I like martin's style and how he talks.

Lol I noticed that too. Breed was like "yeah ok"

OEM Kevin

Also is it me or does that wiping the table technique sound like it could bring a monster hook. I don't know if that would help unless you have a huge slice. I thought it was funny when martin did the wiping the table thing and breed was like "yeah that one's definetely hookin."

I actually did find this kind of interesting. Maybe in a few months when I can actually hit balls I'll try it.

OEM Kevin

2 things about the driver stuff he was talking about: I posted a video a few months ago on here by Ted Fort, one of the guys that submitted an instructor search video, and he recommended the same thing about addressing the driver on the toe if you have the club on the ground, so this isn't new information. Second, did everyone catch the part right before that where he talked about learning this stuff from his "2 friends"? The exact names escape me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about the guys that run Trackman, so that's where the swing speed and impact data comes from.

I actually quite like Martins way of coaching, when he was on the 12 nights at the academy he had some great idea. I dont like the whole building your practice equipment thing, just find a swing tip with something I can easily pick up or make. I am not a carpenter

Its not that I dont like MB , its his Wound up like a timex watch personality , its like he trys to get TO much into his show , so he gets loud and jittery imo .
He makes me nervous just watching .... LOL

Also is it me or does that wiping the table technique sound like it could bring a monster hook.

I did try it today at the range and didn't like it. I did get one monster hook. The main problem is timing, as far as I could tell. It is much better, IMHO, to make sure that the lead wrist is flat or bowed at the top of the backswing.

Added later: I also tried teeing it higher and nearer the toe for the driver. I mean, the ball was nearer the toe when the clubhead was on the mat, but I took his other comment also into consideration and lifted it off the ground at address, which brought the ball nearer the center. Then I swung from there. This seemed to work. I got a higher trajectory and the ball went a bit longer, but not by all that much.

Watched taped show I had last night and really liked what he had to say about the grip.

When he showed the glove with the black line drawn across it for where the left hand should hold the club, I thought that was a great tip that anyone can do with a Sharpie and an old glove.

Gotta say the practice putting behind the ball instead of on the side of the ball makes so much better sense I suck at putting so anyhting can be better then the complete disaster i do

Gotta say the practice putting behind the ball instead of on the side of the ball makes so much better sense I suck at putting so anyhting can be better then the complete disaster i do

I actually did just that last Saturday and it seemed to help me out. I used to always take 2 practice putts from the side while looking at the hole for feel of distance. I did this behind the ball instead and it felt OK to me. Will keep using it until something better comes along!

We've seen a few times and its actually very helpful :)

I'm going to try this myself, I wouldn't never thought to if it wasn't brought up. I stink at putting too :(

i like the golf fix better, maybe thats just because i like breed better but martins show is alright and has some interesting drills

Martin Hall has some good instruction but does anyone who watches this show actually use all the props they seem more of an aid for someone who can't explain what he want's done with the swing.

Is anyone else watching this show now? I just watched the first show of 2014, and his advice from Haney about taking 100 practice swings a day reminded me of Harvey Penick's "Little Red Book" tip about doing a slow motion swing. I'm going to work on this, and post here about other School of golf swing tips & instruction ideas

(Or shuld I be posting in the THP Rang/Practice Thread?)

I love Martin's way of teaching, but I just can't stand Holly in this format. She is fine on Morning Drive, but she always seems like Martin is trying to teach her something that she already knows and is annoyed by the fact that she knows more than he does.

Is anyone else watching this show now? I just watched the first show of 2014, and his advice from Haney about taking 100 practice swings a day reminded me of Harvey Penick's "Little Red Book" tip about doing a slow motion swing. I'm going to work on this, and post here about other School of golf swing tips & instruction ideas

(Or shuld I be posting in the THP Rang/Practice Thread?)

I saw this show and this is now one of my goals for the next three months because I can't really play in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the things I like about this show is that Hall seems to be following the latest research & incorporating it into his drills & techniques, and explaining why this or that drill will help.

One of the things I like about this show is that Hall seems to be following the latest research & incorporating it into his drills & techniques, and explaining why this or that drill will help.

I like that too. Way better than Breed just shouting at the camera and saying "lets do this". I've picked up a lot of great drills from Michael Breed, but I've learned more from Hall.

Back