Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about 97% positive that OEM cuts his down to 44.5''

Yes fltc is correct, 44.5" and Ive decided to play my drivers no longer then 45"

and how is that working out for you OEM?

Well, I feel like I have much more control with the shorter driver. Ive been out once with it and I did seem to be much straighter. Being straight is cool. But now all I see is snow. In my living room I hit dead straight about 275 though. That TM R11 commercial just came on during Sports center. I watched it with a crooked eye.

Well, I feel like I have much more control with the shorter driver. Ive been out once with it and I did seem to be much straighter. Being straight is cool. But now all I see is snow. In my living room I hit dead straight about 275 though. That TM R11 commercial just came on during Sports center. I watched it with a crooked eye.

I saw the commercial as well, I want to kill it. Dude, I hate to say it, but I'm prolly getting my golf on today.

I saw the commercial as well, I want to kill it. Dude, I hate to say it, but I'm prolly getting my golf on today.

Are you golfing in GA? I might go to GG with my driver and get numbers off the monitor for it.

Ordered a Ping ½ Craz-E L (Long) putter yesterday. I will be curious as to how long this thing will occupy my bag. I have got to get the flat stick more consistant. I have three good putters so this will be #4 and putting lessons from Bobby Hix is on the horizon pretty darn soon!

Ordered a Ping ½ Craz-E L (Long) putter yesterday. I will be curious as to how long this thing will occupy my bag. I have got to get the flat stick more consistant. I have three good putters so this will be #4 and putting lessons from Bobby Hix is on the horizon pretty darn soon!
Those are nice looking putters OG, that style fits my eye also.

You know I wont be able to stand next you using that thing. The Cobras are one thing but the long putter is just going too far! Naaa gray, good luck with it man.

So, you don't want to cut anything down? I mean, why not cut the G15 down to 45'' and see what happens, or do you not prefer to do that? From my experiences, I keep all of my driver shafts at 45'' and I'm 6'4''. I have a taylormade superfast 3w that I stuck an xstiff axivcore tour shaft in and immediately cut it down to 43''. I do lose a bit of distance but the trade off in accuracy is far worth it. I think I am probably sacraficing a good 10 yards or so of distance but I don't care, I'm fairly confident in my long and mid irons. I use to care about being able to move the ball down the course of the tee but I don't any more.

I also know that there are some guys on here that cut their driver shafts down to 44.5''. I like to have my driver/3w's cut a bit shorter b/c I feel like I can easier get "over" the ball at address. It just makes me comfortable.

I'm not really planning on cutting down the G15 just switching between the 2 drivers.Also wouldn't cutting an inch off the shaft change swing weight and kick point of the shaft? I noticed when I last had the two different length drivers in 09', when I switched to the shorter 45'' the accuracy increased quite alot,distance suffered, but no more than 10-15 yards maybe.

I'm not really planning on cutting down the G15 just switching between the 2 drivers.Also wouldn't cutting an inch off the shaft change swing weight and kick point of the shaft? I noticed when I last had the two different length drivers in 09', when I switched to the shorter 45'' the accuracy increased quite alot,distance suffered, but no more than 10-15 yards maybe.

It can change the s.w. and k.p. but imo, not so much that we could tell (by we, I mean an amateur/weekend warrior. I'm not assuming that you are one b/c I don't have a clue). I've cut down plenty and couldn't tell a significant difference. All I know is that I am much more accurate.

It can change the s.w. and k.p. but imo, not so much that we could tell (by we, I mean an amateur/weekend warrior. I'm not assuming that you are one b/c I don't have a clue). I've cut down plenty and couldn't tell a significant difference. All I know is that I am much more accurate.

Good point, I'm a mid-handicap at best, so I agree I probably wouldn't notice a difference. I still think I'd like to keep the stock 45.75 in my G15, I hit it further than the R9,but lose some accuracy. I also only had the R9 for a week last year before I traded it back in, so maybe the distance wouldn't be much longer with the G15. Never had both at same time to directly compare.

Good point, I'm a mid-handicap at best, so I agree I probably wouldn't notice a difference. I still think I'd like to keep the stock 45.75 in my G15, I believe I would hit it further than the R9,but lose some accuracy. I also only had the R9 for a week last year before I traded it back in, so maybe the distance wouldn't be much longer with the G15. Never had both at same time to directly compare. - Ah a dreaded double post, I responded to quickly.- sorry guys.

Good point, I'm a mid-handicap at best, so I agree I probably wouldn't notice a difference. I still think I'd like to keep the stock 45.75 in my G15, I believe I would hit it further than the R9,but lose some accuracy. I also only had the R9 for a week last year before I traded it back in, so maybe the distance wouldn't be much longer with the G15. Never had both at same time to directly compare.

I completely understand not wanting to chop something down bro. Especially if you have something to compare it to. I currently game the R9 and love it and quite liked the G15 as well. I'll be interested to hear more from you once you start some testing.

Yes fltc is correct, 44.5" and Ive decided to play my drivers no longer then 45"

I've done the same. My Supertri plays @44.5" as well. I saw my accuracy go up and I did not notice much distance loss. I hit the ball much more consistently now.

I'm 5'8" and was thinking when I get my new shaft, it would probably be in my best interest to cut her down a bit.

I'm 5'8" and was thinking when I get my new shaft, it would probably be in my best interest to cut her down a bit.

I haven't really had a good chance to hit since doing it but I can tell you the few times I have it seemed to be make a big difference in accuracy. And it's not like it's something you can't change after you do it.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

Cobra S3. I just cannot help but ponder it, I'm in absolute lust with it....and don't even make me think about the minute possibility of a white one....oh my.

The nike Machspeed black, round. Can anyone give me any insight on how spinny the head is?

I've demo'd that club with the stock, stiff fubuki and my spin #'s were pretty good dude. I was averaging (I think) around 3300 rpm's which isn't too bad. It was a nice suprise for me and tied for 2nd behind the Octane Tour out of all the stuff I demo'd a couple of months ago. Granted, this all took place in a sim, and I'd want to hit outdoors to see the true ball flight before I purchased.

Got to the range today and hit the 910 and fooled around with the surefit. I think I'm a B2 kind of guy and I am really liking this driver. First round with it tomorrow.

Got to the range today and hit the 910 and fooled around with the surefit. I think I'm a B2 kind of guy and I am really liking this driver. First round with it tomorrow.

Good luck with that buddy. What does the B2 setting mean?

Is that like a little closed? Look forward to hearing how it works.

It is a little closed and a little more loft I believe. Was just hitting it dead straight with that setting.

Edit: Just looked it up and it's a little closed and standard loft

It is a little closed and a little more loft I believe. Was just hitting it dead straight with that setting.

Edit: Just looked it up and it's a little closed and standard loft

Yeah that sounds right. I wanted to get on the monitor today with the 910 but it was too busy there. I was just a little annoyed

Got some ponderings about my set composition this year.

Had driver-3W and then 3-iron to PW with 3 wedges last year, but I'll probably change that around a bit. Looking at this now:

D 10
3W 14
Rescue 18/21
3 20
4 23
5 26
6 31
7 35
8 39
9 43
PW 47
SW 54
LW 60

Uneven numbers for the long and mid irons, but I'll probably go with a combo set. More forgiving (and higher launching) in 3-5 and then blades in 6-PW. I want some more options off the tee and into par 5s (where I can improve a lot) so I'll go with a 14-degree 3W (compared to old 15.5) and a rescue of either 18 or 21 degrees. I know you usually hit the rescues longer than irons with the same loft, hence the possibility of sticking a 21 degree in there. But if I go with the new TM hybrids, I can always tweak the loft...teehee, so much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back