Fair enough JB. I'm certainly willing to conceed regional bias rather then a look at the big picture in this one. I guess more then anything else, I hate to see excellent product go unrecognized. It's certainly possible I'm not looking in the right place for the recognition that Cleveland/Srixon is getting though.

I knew that Callaway took a big whack in the past couple of years but I didn't know Titleist was suffering that much. Interesting...

ST Titleist is sinking badly as far as I know. The big rumor was Dicks was going to buy them.

Fair enough JB. I'm certainly willing to conceed regional bias rather then a look at the big picture in this one. I guess more then anything else, I hate to see excellent product go unrecognized. It's certainly possible I'm not looking in the right place for the recognition that Cleveland/Srixon is getting though.

I knew that Callaway took a big whack in the past couple of years but I didn't know Titleist was suffering that much. Interesting...

Only in equipment. And I am not sure it is as much about them suffering as it is with the other companies taking marketshare. Even in golf balls where they still dominate, their marketshare has come down quite a bit each of the last 4 years.

A Dick's buy out? Interesting. I've heard a couple other rumors that Dick's was also sniffing around Callaway previously. I wonder which is the next OEM to fall to them...
Though I seem to recall from the press release posted here when the rumours about breaking up the golf division were confirmed that Titleist was still pulling in a decent profit. Not amazing to their previous numbers but it still looked like a signifigant share of the pie.

I certainly agree with the ball market share shrinking for them. Even when I didn't play all I use to hear about was how awesome the V1's were. Now quite a number of companies make an excellent ball for all players at a much more attractive price.

I saw that....Kind of funny that the entire room is decked out with Callaway stuff. hehe

I'm sure there was no bias whatsoever in this testing, lol

The dude running the monitor was decked out in Callaway garb. Although, the guy hitting the balls seemed to be putting an aggressive swing on the ball with both clubs.

I enjoyed that video...dont know if I believe it.

Big Bro, I was gonna come in here and as how you like the new R-11 commercial...more techie but still has that song in the background

Just watched the video that was pretty funny. Callaway gear everywhere and just the lonely R11 that can't hit the ball very far. :D

Absolutely BRILLIANT marketing.

Very well played by Callaway! How does TM 'cleverly' respond to this other than saying, we're adjustable?

Im really enjoying this whole marketing back and forth. Callaway, at the moment anyway, certainly seems to have a leg up on TM.

From a personal standpoint, the Razr Hawk is a more appealing driver to me... then again Im not a big fan of the white.

Love these ads. Callaway sure can bring some clever ads to the table. I much prefer clever to the other more annoying ads that seem to be popular this year.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

I don't know what else to say other than FANTASTIC! I love ad wars. I'm close to calling it a check mate.

Here was my response on Callaway's facebook page:

It's an interesting road to travel, these ad wars, but as a consumer, I like it. The internet is making consumers more and more knowledgeable about products and I dare say the vast majority of shoppers will conduct some research online before making their next purchase. I do believe that there are those out there that will always be brand loyal despite any claim or data in any form of advertising, but when the gloves come off, it is entertaining. Personally, the driver game will be all evolving towards technology as it has been and forged composite is leaps and bounds far more advanced than "white" is. The tech involved in the R11 driver is nifty and it does work but it's all based around adjustability, and a lot of OEM's are already doing that. I like that Callaway looked at components and made their move there. Good luck with sales, I hear it's a very good driver and I can't wait to try it out when I can.

My favorite ad: "Sheep". It says so much, not only about TM, but in my opinion, their devout followers.

My favorite ad: "Sheep". It says so much, not only about TM, but in my opinion, their devout followers.
That's funny.

Great ads by Callaway. The gloves are coming off.

wow...so Callaway brought it! I have always been about TM's marketing but Callaway just did that!

I am very interested to see what the next "counter" will be.

I am very interested to see what the next "counter" will be.

Me too, I think this is great for both companies, its in good fun for the most part and I think it's bring attension to both product lines.

Back