THP Match Play 2011 - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just throwing numbers out there to see what people think. If its a 15 or lower then Im out, which would suck but I can also understand with OEM's being a part of this I can imagine they have expectations too.

Cost would not be the issue for me, just my ability. I am planning on working hard to better my game, hopefully that's enough.

Just the other day the question was asked about the "average" THP handicap and the answer was more or less 17-19 or so. So having 15 or lower would exclude the majority of the members. I understand why that would be the case, however to make things fair for everyone, I would think that all handicaps would have to be allowed to some degree. Just my thoughts though.

interesting points since last night. I didnt sleep well at all - i just kept picturing the "16" decked out in tour gear - strutting down fairways - with cameramen and GG following. just freaking EPIC!

How sweet would a qualifier be? it would make some sense - that way the 40-50 people that want to playand be a part of this - can pony up the cash to fly in early - play a few rounds - That would give JB/GG. or the captains of the event time to evaluate handicaps, strengths/weaknesses. Maybe a qualifier a month or so out.

Then - the team captains could then pick their teams. Say 2 low handicaps (0-9), 2 med handicaps (9-19), and 2 high handicaps (20-+) and still have 2 *captains picks...

Again, im just throwing ideas out there - i understand why its 16 - can you imagine the COSTS involved outfitting 16 people in full tour gear - full bags, full clothing for multiple days - tv cameratime, course time - etc etc... it isnt going to be any cheap margin - so OEM KEV may have hit the nail on the head - $750 entry fee.

Which i would fully understand. And love to be a part of! This kinda event is going to push me hard this spring/summer - so amzing - THP - love everything you are doing with a passion! Thank you, a 1000 times.

Both US and Canadian work productivity have suffered mightily today (luckily I had a vacation day today anyway).

interesting points since last night. I didnt sleep well at all - i just kept picturing the "16" decked out in tour gear - strutting down fairways - with cameramen and GG following. just freaking EPIC!

How sweet would a qualifier be? it would make some sense - that way the 40-50 people that want to playand be a part of this - can pony up the cash to fly in early - play a few rounds - That would give JB/GG. or the captains of the event time to evaluate handicaps, strengths/weaknesses. Maybe a qualifier a month or so out.

Then - the team captains could then pick their teams. Say 2 low handicaps (0-9), 2 med handicaps (9-19), and 2 high handicaps (20-+) and still have 2 *captains picks...

Again, im just throwing ideas out there - i understand why its 16 - can you imagine the COSTS involved outfitting 16 people in full tour gear - full bags, full clothing for multiple days - tv cameratime, course time - etc etc... it isnt going to be any cheap margin - so OEM KEV may have hit the nail on the head - $750 entry fee.

Which i would fully understand. And love to be a part of! This kinda event is going to push me hard this spring/summer - so amzing - THP - love everything you are doing with a passion! Thank you, a 1000 times.

Great post CG! I would have no problem paying $750 entry fee, Hell I paid $550 last summer for a tournament in Toronto and only walked out with a freakin umbrella as a prize. I would be honored to pay $750

Good questions. And Im not really sure either. Im guessing we will find out soon though.

We're all hoping sooner than later for sure. My guess is that those that make it in to the Sweet 16 will be required to log every round and keep an official handicap so that the match play will be on an even keel for the capitans to decide. Who know's what'll happen to everyones handicap from now till then.

All of the speculation here just made me realize again how much planning that JB, GG, and TC have already done here...not to mention selling it to all the involved sponsors, finding a venue, etc. Doing all this while planning the main Outing, covering the PGA show, keeping us in check, etc.

I am further convinced that 32 hour days must be occurring down in Orlando.

Thanks for all you guys do for us, and I hope you guys feel the appreciation from all of us. It is a testament to the work you all do that you have this many people interested in this event before anything cost or timeline wise is released.

All of the speculation here just made me realize again how much planning that JB, GG, and TC have already done here...not to mention selling it to all the involved sponsors, finding a venue, etc. Doing all this while planning the main Outing, covering the PGA show, keeping us in check, etc.

I am further convinced that 32 hour days must be occurring down in Orlando.

Thanks for all you guys do for us, and I hope you guys feel the appreciation from all of us. It is a testament to the work you all do that you have this many people interested in this event before anything cost or timeline wise is released.

Great post, couldn't agree more!!

I'd pay 1500 right now to secure a spot. $750 is a total low-ball!

Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

I'd pay 1500 right now to secure a spot. $750 is a total low-ball!

I would too....

I love the idea of a qualifier. I think that would be a blast on so many levels but the logistics of something like that would be more than a nightmare.
I like the idea of multiple caps/levels on both teams. Both to keep it fair and to open it up to more THP'ers.

The more I keep reading this thread... My heart is just racing!

If this doesnt carry too big of a pricetag Ill be in for sure, but I understand the costs that can go into something like this. Talk about excitement!

If this doesnt carry too big of a pricetag Ill be in for sure, but I understand the costs that can go into something like this. Talk about excitement!

Like 16 staff bags and 16 sets of fitted OEM clubs?

Wouldn't this event make a much better reality show than anything currently on the Golf Channel. It would be huge!

I love the idea of a qualifier. I think that would be a blast on so many levels but the logistics of something like that would be more than a nightmare.
I like the idea of multiple caps/levels on both teams. Both to keep it fair and to open it up to more THP'ers.

The more I keep reading this thread... My heart is just racing!

It could be done with different groups of different handicaps. Say in one "team" you have 2 low/4 mid/2 high and then pit each of the different groups against each other in the match play. So that way you have lows vs. lows, mids vs. mids, and highs vs. highs. That way, all handicap "demographics" are covered. And then a high handicap doesn't have to worry about playing with/against a lower handicap.

Wouldn't this event make a much better reality show than anything currently on the Golf Channel. It would be huge!

I'd watch us play on TV!

I have dreamed this MANY times since this thread blew up. It would account or funding, national exposure for THP, true media coverage, and an unforgettable weekend.

With TGC though, thp would have to give up a large portion of control- and, let's be honest, I trust THPs organizing/care more than I would TGC.

I have dreamed this MANY times since this thread blew up. It would account or funding, national exposure for THP, true media coverage, and an unforgettable weekend.

With TGC though, thp would have to give up a large portion of control- and, let's be honest, I trust THPs organizing/care more than I would TGC.

Absolutely! I know Team THP has got our back!

but THP media could produce then sell the show to the golf channel or at least ESPN8 "the ocho".

I am loving the excitement over this craziness. I tell you I got almost no sleep last night just thinking about this. My work day was pretty subpar as well. I told my boss about it this morning and his jaw hit his desk. He couldn't comprehend anything like this.

It could be done with different groups of different handicaps. Say in one "team" you have 2 low/4 mid/2 high and then pit each of the different groups against each other in the match play. So that way you have lows vs. lows, mids vs. mids, and highs vs. highs. That way, all handicap "demographics" are covered. And then a high handicap doesn't have to worry about playing with/against a lower handicap.

I meant the logistics of a qualifier. Based on the excitement on this thread, can you imagine trying to get that many people together for a qualifier in ONE location, only to have them turn around and come back for a tournament? Again, I LOVE the idea at it's core... Wait here's an idea.

Everyone that signs up and attends the event, plays in a qualifier on Friday. Teams & captains are chosen from amongst the top 16 qualifiers based on HC range. Team members are taken directly to the tour trailer of their choice to have their clubs custom made on the spot! Then I (I mean "we") are shuffled off for clothing just before the interviews!

I mean, let's dream BIG

I meant the logistics of a qualifier. Based on the excitement on this thread, can you imagine trying to get that many people together for a qualifier in ONE location, only to have them turn around and come back for a tournament? Again, I LOVE the idea at it's core... Wait here's an idea.

Everyone that signs up and attends the event, plays in a qualifier on Friday. Teams & captains are chosen from amongst the top 16 qualifiers based on HC range. Team members are taken directly to the tour trailer of their choice to have their clubs custom made on the spot! Then I (I mean "we") are shuffled off for clothing just before the interviews!

I mean, let's dream BIG

I with ya there! Seems like a good way to do it!

I like the way you dream! BIG is a great way to go!!

I with ya there! Seems like a good way to do it!

I like the way you dream! BIG is a great way to go!!

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling...

ArthurEames.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back