The Golf Chick Project

Keep working at it and don't give up now, you seem to be having more really good days than bad.

When will it get better?!?!!?!?

When will it get better?!?!!?!?

My 2nd lesson of just plain awfulness :crying: 2 weeks ago I was hitting the ball solid. Last week and tonight, I couldn't hit the ball at all :banghead: It can't possibly get any worse than this!!

What I learned from my very first instructor, no good, because now its coming back to haunt me and its just NOT right at all and for some reason, its still ingrained in me that my instructor right now needs to undo what I learned before and start with me from scratch. My arms were so disconnected, my club wasn't flat at the top of the backswing, it was just awful...and I kept hitting behind the ball and moving my arms way out in front of my body. YIKES!!! Out of a large bucket of balls tonight, the last 3 were THE best shots all night. It was bad... :sad: Hopefully next week's lesson will be MUCH better!!!

It seems like right when things connect and I get it...I don't get it and then it just all falls apart :sad:

did you get a new instructor?

did you get a new instructor?

When I first started golfing about 2 years ago...my instructor was a female and she was more of a cheerleader than anything else. I've been with my current instructor about a year now! Its her methods that I'm trying to disregard and start over...

i gotcha... yeah its tough to get that out of your system

When I first started golfing about 2 years ago...my instructor was a female and she was more of a cheerleader than anything else. I've been with my current instructor about a year now! Its her methods that I'm trying to disregard and start over...

I guarantee you'll get "it" with this new instructor far quicker than Tiger will with Sean Foley. :D
Impressed by the dedication keep it up

Great dedication..keep at it..

So tonight is my golf lesson, went to the range over the weekend, mental note to self to NOT go to my driving range on the weekends. Way too many kids that its like a park there. But I was hitting them very well yesterday, even used a glove under the left arm to keep my arms connected :good: AND the time changed so my lesson tonight the sun will still be shining, YAY!!!

What does everyone think about lesson on the course? My previous instructor, we combined 2 lessons and she would be my caddie for a few holes. I really liked that. My current instructor will not do on course lessons because he just doesn't have time. I'd love to do on course lessons, but then I'd have to find an "on course" golf instructor, when my current instructor is completely FABULOUS!! Are on course lessons helpful, and what should I do about them since my instructor doesn't do them?

On a side note, I was thinking about going back to my previous instructor - just to work on putting. My current instructor can be my "swing coach" if you want to call it that, and then I can have another one for putting :D Just a thought...but that's way too much for "lesson" and having more than one instructor at a time....... :confused2:

yeah id say stick with the guy thats working for you... to be bouncing around might cause a conflict an get you more confused

I had such an awesome lesson tonight, and we were working up my bag. Got to hit with my 7 wood and my Mashie!! And boy was I hitting them fantastic. My swing is back :twist: YAY!!! The range was grass today, so no mats. All of my shots went perfectly straight. I was getting tons more height with my 7 wood than I was with my driver. The 7 wood felt awesome and the Mashie felt awesome, WOW!! Both were getting at least 150 yard air time...As previously thought, my clubs don't ALL go the same distance, my instructor says because I'm still working on my swing and getting it down, that my distances between clubs is small that its not really noticeable, but there is a distance :) Thank goodness for the time change, because I can go to the range several times a week after work now to practice!! Now my swing thought has changed. It is now, right elbow back, right shoulder back, right hip in.

He took a video of me towards the end when I was hitting with the Mashie. I forgot, yet again, to ask him to send it to me. I look like a pro in my swing on camera :clapp: Swing is on plane and arms are connected :clapp: Until next week...I had 2 bad weeks of lessons, I hope I'm near the upswing part now, with fewer bad days ahead!

Great stuff GC! I know it will continue!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your journey!

Keep working on it GC! I say just stay with one instructor to answer a question from one of your previous posts. It has been fun following your journey and I can really notice a progression.

Thanks Everyone!! I have good and bad days and am hoping the bad says are few and far between. I hope I'm ready for Arizona golf for 4 straight days next week :wink:

There haven't been a lot of times where i was able to hit other clubs in my bag aside from the usual suspects (9i and driver). But this week's lesson was superb. He was helping me with the long iron (my 4i) and my 7 wood and 4M.

I've been getting the better deal out of our lessons. It's supposed to be the BF and I, but with the BF out due to injury, I've had our instructor to myself the entire time :clapp:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So tonight is our lesson and the BF is back golf and swing again. I have a hunch that our instructor will be with the BF more than with me tonight :) A few times he's told me that he feels like he's neglected him and has been spending a lot of time with me, that's because with my swing, he was working from the ground up and trying to get me back to where I need to be. So now, he can spend more time with the BF since I've "got it"...sort of :D Looking forward to tonight. I haven't had a lesson in 3 weeks due to vacation and he was at the Kia Classic with his girls (Amy Hung, who is ranked #30 and a few others that I don't remember right now)! I've played since the last lesson and haven't played bad, so we'll see tonight!

Hope you have a good session GC!

The BF and I played night golf Friday night, its sooo much fun!!! We go to a par 3, 18 hole, near us. We finished in 2 hours and we had to pass a 4-some too. I shot a 20 over, HOWEVER, its because of my putting that's so atrocious and embarassing. I had quite a few pars and bogeys, no birdies though (because of my awful putting). So yesterday, the BF was helping me with my putting. We were on the practice green for 3 hours working with my putter and with my alignment and speed. If I can get my putting down to just 1-2 putts per hole, I'd be happy!! Right now I'm 3-4 putting all the time :angry: Putting is THE worst part of my game :sad: I like the par 3 courses, gives me a chance to work on the short game :good: I'm thinking this will be our new Friday night thing, night golf!

The BF and I both had our lessons last night, he's back to normal with from his minor surgery that had him off golf for over 6 weeks :nailbiting: But our instructor spent more time with him than he did with me. So I was just whacking away at golf balls :) However, he did change one thing, ok, 2 things about my swing. My grip is way too strong, so he adjusted my right hand on the club so that I still have a strong grip, but not as strong as before :) And he's also having me swing even slower!! Get the job done :good: Until next week!!

Sunday the BF and I are playing Journey at Pechanga again, I hope my swing is ok then definitely need to work on the putting. Will spend quite some time beforehand working on the putting on the super fast greens that they have. If it weren't for my putting, my scores would be low :banghead:

We had our lesson last night, we just renewed another 6 lesson series with our instructor. We were working on my chipping, I need to keep my tempo of my swing slow!! He also adjusted my full swing, I guess I was swaying instead of twisting so now when I take the club back, my right knee needs to stay in and just twist my upper body. I was hitting great shots yesterday, the BF on the other hand.....

lol... im taking it that the bf... ummm not so much? hahaha

lol... im taking it that the bf... ummm not so much? hahaha

He needs more work!! :D Our instructor is with me a few minutes and more time with the BF. Its his turn now since I had our instructor to myself for one whole series of lessons :)

My latest updates:

I had THE BEST round of golf ever on Sunday, shot a 98, 3 strokes ahead of the BF :joy: Last week we went to Arizona and played both courses at We-ko-pa (suguaro and cholla) and The Monument Course at Troon North. Now's the time to go to AZ/Palm Springs to play those big courses. Since its so hot, green fees are much cheaper :D

I had my lesson last night, he spent 2 seconds with me, trying to straighten out the driver, and the rest of the time with the BF and his R11. Since I have a natural fade, my instructor is having me aim slight left of center to get my ball straight and it works :) So my golf game is really coming together right now. I won't jinx myself because usually when my golf game is getting there, something seems to fall apart :( But its been a FUN 2 years!!!

Back