The Golf Chick Project

That's awesome GC! I too believe a little break is a good thing. Lol, I bet John was quitely fuming the whole time!

That's awesome GC! I too believe a little break is a good thing. Lol, I bet John was quitely fuming the whole time!

Unfortunately, my longest distance with my driver is the same as his 6 iron, LOL!!! But I won't let him live it down that I beat him and beat him BAD!!! :D

show no mercy! hahaha... thats awesome you beat him... keep it up!

Well, today beat my longest drive...215 yards :clapp: I did lose 3 golf balls today though :( oh well!

AND...I was able to hit with my 3 wood in the fairway...I could NEVER hit with it before until today...What I did was I choked up on the club, or is it down :confused2: I gripped towards the end of the club and swung it like an iron, and it went straight and far. That's the way I hit my hybrid as well, grip all the way towards the end of the club and just swing it like an iron. Works everytime!!

cool
sounds like you're getting things going in the right direction

:clapp: :clapp: (golf clap from the gallery). Good Job!! Keep it up & remember, taking a break refreshes the brain.

Thanks everyone!! Now, I just wish everything else would come together. My putting is getting better, thank to my new blade putter from SeeMore :) I still need to work on everything else, chippig/pitching, iron shots, fairway shots...in due time :D

Its great to hear that things are going so well for you! Keep up the good work!!!

the game is starting to get more fun now huh?

the game is starting to get more fun now huh?

It definitely has its moments. Like on Saturday, I lost over 5 golf balls :banghead: and played one of the worst golf!!

Ater a month...I had a lesson last night :clapp: He adjusted my grip and I was set. Apparently, my right hand wasn't on top enough. So with a little adjustment, I was firing them again :) Towards the end of my bucket, I hit like 20 shots in a row perfectly with my 9iron. And called it a night :) Unfortunately, no more golf lessons for a few weeks and then I'll get back into it again after that.

Isn't it funny how one little thing can screw up everything! I couldn't hit my irons to save my life the last two times out. Our Asst Supt saw me practicing on a hole and struggling badly so he came out and helped me out for about 5 minutes and fixed my problem. He had me hitting really good. What a relief!

glad to hear that you are on track again! its amazing how much something so little can have such a huge impact.

All this time my grip was off my instructor never mentioned it or anything. The BF was the one who mentioned it to me and I was trying it for awhile and didn't like it. The change just felt so weird. Then at my lesson, sure enough, the instructor mentioned my grip (the BF was absolutely right) and I've been working with it since. I have my ups and downs, but hopefully my down days will be few and far between. Its all about inches :) and small changes!

Keep up the good work and like you said the down days should get to be far and few between.

i just recently fixed some grip issues... i was in the dark forever trying to fix everything else... hahaha... when all it took was a simple grip adjustment

Wow, I haven't posted here in a while...well, I don't really have any updates :( Unfortunately, I haven't had a lesson in about a month and a half. Due to vacationing, weather, etc. We were supposed to have a lesson tonight, but our instructor is sick. Its good too, because its gold out there and I don't play my best when my hands are numb and I can see my breath :sad: I haven't been practicing, but I've been playing, although, I should hit the range more instead of the actual course hmmm....

Well, I've decided to not use the Precepts anymore. Instead, I've switched to the Srixon Lady Soft Feels. I picked up a dozen TaylorMade Burners for the ladies, so I'll give them a try. It was just $3 for the dozen :D

Hopefully if the weather is good I'll be out this weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

Good luck with your progress and we hope to see you in May at WPB!

Hope you get to play this weekend GC! Have a great time nonetheless.

After 2 months of no lessons, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there'll be a golf lesson tonight. After all, I need an excuse to wear my warmer golf clothes :) I'm ready!!

what course/range do you go to for lessons? is it a course pro or an independent guy?

what course/range do you go to for lessons? is it a course pro or an independent guy?

I have my lessons at Duarte GC. Its a 9 hole par 31. The golf instructor, there are several of them, are independent. We purchase our range balls through the driving range, and he sets up at the end for lessons. He's now at Duarte, he used to be at other golf courses. If he moves, we will follow him :)

I really like my golf instructor. He coaches a lot of the ladies on the juniors and sometimes they're there hitting balls, OMG, they can't hit balls straight, they have to go diagonally because they can clear the 200 yard marker easily. He has the #1 junior right now. And I think that's why he's so awesome with me and my game. He teaches lots of Asians, so I just fit right in :) He spends more time with me than with the BF.

Its been confirmed...I will have a golf lesson tonight :joy: YAY!!!

Back