Wilson Staff Di11 Irons Review Thread

Coolbreeze, can you compare the distances you listed to your previous irons for me? I know you played the 2.0's, so I expect that these would be similar, but what about before that?

Hawk the distance are pretty similar to the 2.0s with a completely different ball flight. Before these irons I was playing Adams A1 irons and I was seeing in the summer 150 carry with my 7 iron and similar 10 yard distance gaps from there, so they are about a club longer.

That's pretty crazy since the G15's are definitely not short clubs. I don't know how it's possible (since I have another great set of irons in my bag), but you all are making me really curious what these could do for my game.

I know you've all talked about it a bit, but I'd like to hear a little more about how you would rate these in terms of accuracy to other irons you have played.

Accuracy for me is better than any other irons I have played, in terms of dispersion. I play about a 5 yard fade in general, and these irons repeat it over and over again. I suppose they were designed this way but they just launch the ball high and straight. I like this since I am not a worker of the ball, so the predictability of knowing what I am going to get on every shot is great. You can work the ball however, if you choose to.

I'm not an intentional worker either, and my stock shot is either a slight fade or straight. Either way, I'm sure I could hook or slice anything if I put my mind to it haha. When you say they are accurate, it makes me even more interested. I will definitely be looking to try these out again soon.

that is very surprising to me..looking forward to more of your thoughts along this observation

Hawk the distance are pretty similar to the 2.0s with a completely different ball flight. Before these irons I was playing Adams A1 irons and I was seeing in the summer 150 carry with my 7 iron and similar 10 yard distance gaps from there, so they are about a club longer..

at least the mystery has been solved and your irons will be on their way again.....I see another range session after work in our future dude....

Yes indeed. Maybe next week after these guys finally show up.

Tapatalk: even for walkers

You guys are really giving great reviews keep up the good work. I'm leaning toward buying the Di11's unfortunately i have only hit them into a net but i can tell just by that that they are something special

That's pretty crazy since the G15's are definitely not short clubs. I don't know how it's possible (since I have another great set of irons in my bag), but you all are making me really curious what these could do for my game.

I know you've all talked about it a bit, but I'd like to hear a little more about how you would rate these in terms of accuracy to other irons you have played.

These have added about 15 yds. to my distance on average. Way more accurate than my Pings. I mean, with the Pings, I could get in the general area I was aming at, with these I hit what I'm shooting for 8/10 times.
My scores have dropped by 12-15 strokes since I started playing these.

These have added about 15 yds. to my distance on average. Way more accurate than my Pings. I mean, with the Pings, I could get in the general area I was aming at, with these I hit what I'm shooting for 8/10 times.

I seriously might just quit reading this thread. I have no reason at all to be pondering these irons so much, but you guys are REALLY making it hard.

Thats crazy Ron, 12-15 strokes a round better, right out of the box! Hawk, ponder away buddy!

I seriously might just quit reading this thread. I have no reason at all to be pondering these irons so much, but you guys are REALLY making it hard.

Come to the Dark side Hawk, you know you want to. They are sexy and sleek and long. If my first wife matched that description we'd still be married

Thats crazy Ron, 12-15 strokes a round better, right out of the box! Hawk, ponder away buddy!

Yeah, on my home course with my Pings I was consistantly scoring right around 112. After a few sessions on the range to get the feel of these I am now consistantly shooting in the high 90's. Hell, on a tough corse and with getting hit in the knee with a hosel rocket on Sunday, I still shot a 101

Come to the Dark side Hawk, you know you want to. They are sexy and sleek and long. If my first wife matched that description we'd still be married

You don't have to convince me, Ron :) I've been a W/S fan for quite a while now and I loved these irons when I tried them in May. I sort of feel like I'm cheating on my CB's talking about the Di11's so much. The distance + accuracy really has me intrigued, though. Still, I'm loving the CB's right now. I'm just a junkie and threads like this are horrible for a guy like me.

You don't have to convince me, Ron :) I've been a W/S fan for quite a while now and I loved these irons when I tried them in May. I sort of feel like I'm cheating on my CB's talking about the Di11's so much. The distance + accuracy really has me intrigued, though. Still, I'm loving the CB's right now. I'm just a junkie and threads like this are horrible for a guy like me.

Username change? OEM RAZR?

I wonder how awesome a mixed set of half and half irons would be say, 4, 5 and 6 iron along with the uniflex 7-GW?

Sounds like it's worth trying!

I was not even considering Wilson irons but your reviews have put them on my list! Thanks, Ron!

Thank you Ron and CB for your comments and evaluation and for responding to my questions about trajectory control with the Di11. Great job.

Can anyone speak to head to head of the Di11 vs X24s? I'm going to make a purchase decision this week and I won't be able to hit the Di11s but I've got a great deal lined up on a 5-PW short set of new X24s. Either should be a big change (improvement?) for me coming from the MP52s which outmatch me a bit, but I'd like to make a decision that I can live with for a couple of seasons. Note: I'm not concerned about finish wear or other aesthetic issues.

Thanks!

I was not even considering Wilson irons but your reviews have put them on my list! Thanks, Ron!

They are well worth checking into Koko, I can't imagine playing with any other set of irons now.

man that is instant love right there....love it! good stuff Ron
They are well worth checking into Koko, I can't imagine playing with any other set of irons now.

Thank you Ron and CB for your comments and evaluation and for responding to my questions about trajectory control with the Di11. Great job.

Can anyone speak to head to head of the Di11 vs X24s? I'm going to make a purchase decision this week and I won't be able to hit the Di11s but I've got a great deal lined up on a 5-PW short set of new X24s. Either should be a big change (improvement?) for me coming from the MP52s which outmatch me a bit, but I'd like to make a decision that I can live with for a couple of seasons. Note: I'm not concerned about finish wear or other aesthetic issues.

Thanks!

I haven't hit the x24's, so I can't speak to that. I can say that the Di11's are irons that will grow with you. You can punch them low, shape your shots, or just whack the hell out of them long and straight. The better you get the better these irons react.

Last edited:
I'm about ready to read a negative review on these irons... Otherwise my checking accout (and my wife) may not be too happy with me.

Last edited:

Thanks!

I can't speak to the X24's as they were never made for lefties, but there were some guys here who during the Burner 2.0 testing thread, were gaming those and the 2.0's beat them out. I was playing the 2.0's before these and I like the Di11's more but they just seem to be right for my game. Too bad you can't hit as both are very good irons.

Enjoying reading about the success you are having with these Ron, looks like I'm going to have to wait until the May outing to hit these I can't find anyone close that carries them in stock.

Enjoying reading about the success you are having with these Ron, looks like I'm going to have to wait until the May outing to hit these I can't find anyone close that carries them in stock.

The only place I've found that carries them locally is Dick's and they didn't have any left handed sets in stock :angry:

GREAT commercial featuring the Di11 irons - more majors won than any other brand... did not know that. Sometimes commercials are informative!

Skim alert. Did anyone try the combo shaft option? It looked strange to me when I saw it in person, but I only hit a few with it. Felt good looked weird.

Skim alert. Did anyone try the combo shaft option? It looked strange to me when I saw it in person, but I only hit a few with it. Felt good looked weird.

Of the three testers Ron is the only one who got the half and half and he loves them. I think he has described them as holding a live snake.

Back