The Poutine Thread

Mexican Poutine at the Crack Shack in Encinitas

0fdfcdde1ffe5fa85821b0f409d11c7b.jpg

Mexican Poutine at the Crack Shack in Encinitas

0fdfcdde1ffe5fa85821b0f409d11c7b.jpg
The food looks good but the name of the restaurant, Crack Shack, sounds quite scary!

tried poutine for the first time tonight. never again. hard pass.

need more details, I think you got a bad batch

disney. the fries were fine. but the gravy and cheese curd combo was just gross. took 2 bites and threw them away.

EDB907A2-26A3-49A0-83BE-7BB1EFD2D357.jpegJust recently returned from a trip to Canada, where I Had my first poutine experience. Reviews at the table were pretty mixed but I would say it was not too bad.

Why is their soy sauce on the table?
Haha. Fantastic question! We were in a small town in central Saskatchewan and every restaurant is owned by an Asian family. It’s sort of strange but I guess it is no different then Albanian families owning restaurants in Illinois.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I'm worried about you.

i’ve always been really intrigued by poutine because it makes no sense, yet people love it. i don’t know why expected it to be anything other than it was lol

The poutine at Costco cafeteria might be the best 2500 calorie gut bomb I've ever had. Hard to think of a better way to spend $4

what in the heart stopping insanity is on top of those fries?!
Just some fried onions on top. The dish was delicious. Meat, curds, fries and gravy.

Just some fried onions on top. The dish was delicious. Meat, curds, fries and gravy.
I am so mixed on the Poutine+ concept.

Obviously game for it, but I'm always most fond of just the three basic elements haha

I am so mixed on the Poutine+ concept.

Obviously game for it, but I'm always most fond of just the three basic elements haha
I can guarantee you would like this one. It was that good.

This thread just takes me back to memories of Au Pied du Cochon Montreal, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks delicious.
But yeah you need 2-3 of those

Back