EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Went and hit the new lineup today, at least what was available to hit. Pretty sure I have the bag somewhat set with how it’s going to be. Just have a few things left to iron out, at least based off what I think is going to be available to us.

Tried on a few pairs of shoes and browsed the apparel. Was a good day!!
That sounds like a fantastic day, is good for the soul! I've not looked at the shoes and apparel as of yet, once the clubs are sorted then I might have a wee browse I think.

Absolutely this. Have been day dreaming of what the makeup will be. That could be a 180 change to what actually is ordered.

Haven't hit anything yet, but the next several weekends will try to get out and give some a try.
I am thinking will do a few fittings at PGA store so I am not doing all at once. Putter fitting will also be added in to that mix. Intrigued by Odyssey Triple Track for a new putter as well.
That's exactly my plan. Have already had an initial fit to see where I'm likely to end up, but then going to do a couple more in depth to really dial stuff in. Have the bare makeup of the bag sorted already, but I think we all know that will change many times over the next few weeks :ROFLMAO:

That sounds like a fantastic day, is good for the soul! I've not looked at the shoes and apparel as of yet, once the clubs are sorted then I might have a wee browse I think.

Locally we don't have many options to purchase Puma shoes. As such I don't own but one pair, and I wanted to make sure I had a general idea sizing wise.

A preliminary glance at the handicaps of both the teams, tells me that Team Paradise has better than a puncher’s chance...

A long way until May but, if a futures number were posted, Paradise would probably be the favorite...
Oh boy here we go

A preliminary glance at the handicaps of both the teams, tells me that Team Paradise has better than a puncher’s chance...

A long way until May but, if a futures number were posted, Paradise would probably be the favorite...
:oops:

anyone planning on going with the SZ Extreme over regular SZ. I haven't seen much difference between the 2

anyone planning on going with the SZ Extreme over regular SZ. I haven't seen much difference between the 2
My first thought is yes, but I haven’t seen or hit the Extreme. More forgiveness off the tee sounds great, but I look forward to hitting them both and seeing some numbers. Sometimes my spin on driver gets a little high and it may not work for me as well as the standard SZ

Yes. I'm likely going with the Xtreme. I think it will work best for me.

My first thought is yes, but I haven’t seen or hit the Extreme. More forgiveness off the tee sounds great, but I look forward to hitting them both and seeing some numbers. Sometimes my spin on driver gets a little high and it may not work for me as well as the standard SZ

Ive hit both 2x each now. Both to me have been identical numbers wise. The standard SZ has the top ball speeds and yards so far, but averages are very comparable. Extreme is more forgiving but not by much. I haven't found the Extreme to be high spin

Ive hit both 2x each now. Both to me have been identical numbers wise. The standard SZ has the top ball speeds and yards so far, but averages are very comparable. Extreme is more forgiving but not by much. I haven't found the Extreme to be high spin
I have been known to test the forgiveness on driver. Specifically, the high toe area seems to wear out on my driver more than the center. So it will be interesting to see which performs best for me.

I have hit both once. Need to get out and hit them again with different shaft combos. Preliminary testing I like the SZ more than extreme. It could have been the shafts though. Will try and get out there to hit them again soon. Also need to hit the Forged Tec and SZ irons. I am intrigued with the OL but not sure yet.

It’s interesting how we can be so different. I am waiting for a TrackMan report to arrive via e-mail, but I believe the spin on the Xtreme was significantly higher than the regular SZ. I agree that the Xtreme is more forgiving.

It’s interesting how we can be so different. I am waiting for a TrackMan report to arrive via e-mail, but I believe the spin on the Xtreme was significantly higher than the regular SZ. I agree that the Xtreme is more forgiving.

Even push fades to the right stayed under 3000 with the Xtreme.. Since I have a pretty unforgiving driver already im leaning towards the Xtreme

Even push fades to the right stayed under 3000 with the Xtreme.. Since I have a pretty unforgiving driver already im leaning towards the Xtreme

I have hit both once. Need to get out and hit them again with different shaft combos. Preliminary testing I like the SZ more than extreme. It could have been the shafts though. Will try and get out there to hit them again soon. Also need to hit the Forged Tec and SZ irons. I am intrigued with the OL but not sure yet.

Again. it's really interesting to me to see everyone's thoughts regarding their club selection process. I think that the Xtreme will work best for me because of the forgiveness and because of the launch. I could use all the help I can get in those areas.

Based on my driver numbers yesterday, I think Xtreme with an X ball should optimize spin.

Again. it's really interesting to me to see everyone's thoughts regarding their club selection process. I think that the Xtreme will work best for me because of the forgiveness and because of the launch. I could use all the help I can get in those areas.
This, IMO, is what I would be looking at too. Forgiveness. I don't work the ball side to side, up or down, at least not on purpose! I have a lot more fun playing golf when I hit the fairway off the tee, giving myself a clean 2nd shot. I used to be very good at punch outs, until I learned it's worth sacrificing a few yards to keep the ball on the fairway.

This, IMO, is what I would be looking at too. Forgiveness. I don't work the ball side to side, up or down, at least not on purpose! I have a lot more fun playing golf when I hit the fairway off the tee, giving myself a clean 2nd shot. I used to be very good at punch outs, until I learned it's worth sacrificing a few yards to keep the ball on the fairway.

In addition to forgiveness, I'm looking for ball flight and trajectory. And for ball flight, for me, the straighter the better. For trajectory, I want to be able to launch the ball higher.

This is what makes going and get fit so crucial and exciting IMO. You are able to dial in which works best with what shaft. Buying off the rack would never allow you the possible combo that would best suit you. I am going to go with whatever gives me the most consistency and dispersion patterns. That is much more important to me than hitting the ball really far.

Back