EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

My gawd, all this talk about choices has me stressed out and I'm not physically going.... I guess living vicariously through my fellow #TeamHackers! In the words of an old high school teacher when faced with many options..... go with your gut!

Did you agonize over your choices the year you were selected?

what shafts are you looking at?

I've hit the Xtreme with the Helium Shaft. I hit the Speedzone 7 iron with a graphite shaft. I'm not sure which one, but it was a UST Mamiya. That was nice. I also hit a T Rail 7iron with the stock graphite shaft. That was too light and whippy. I'm going back to see my fitter on Thursday to set up a more complete fitting.

Who do you all use when you say “fitters?” I have been to a fitter like Club Champion that charges $350 for a full bag fitting and I have been to stores that don’t seem to want to help. There has to be a happy medium? A few have recommended a Cobra demo day and I plan on doing that in the next couple of weeks.

Did you agonize over your choices the year you were selected?
I know I did quite a bit. More nerves between whether I could actually perform with what I wanted or needed to go a different route. Then the top end of my bag was a mess but that was no surprise either as at the time I had no idea what to do there and just went with some things a pro I know suggested. Some worked out and some didn't but I am still gaming my irons and the F8 Tour Length driver rotates in my bag with the F9 depending on my mood. The 3W is still there for now too but that will be changing this year. I put about 2 years in all my MC clubs and making changes is hard because of my love of them but I have to try what I saw best results with I guess. The irons though...… they aren't going anywhere for sure.

I'm gonna hold off until we get options. Sure enough if I went today, I'd be put into options we can't do. LOL!!!

I'm pretty sure my choices on paper will be available, but I will let some kind of fitting determine them.

Who do you all use when you say “fitters?” I have been to a fitter like Club Champion that charges $350 for a full bag fitting and I have been to stores that don’t seem to want to help. There has to be a happy medium? A few have recommended a Cobra demo day and I plan on doing that in the next couple of weeks.
I am planning on using PGA store or a local store, Dallas Golf which I have purchased a used driver from back in the summer. They are listed as Cobra fitters on some site I looked up.

Been flipping through Sand Hollow pictures again. My goodness is it breath taking. Also makes me think I will need to pack a lot of golf balls, just in case.

Been flipping through Sand Hollow pictures again. My goodness is it breath taking. Also makes me think I will need to pack a lot of golf balls, just in case.
Plenty of time to shop for some good deals!

We have a local guy that will do full bag fittings for $150. That's what I plan on doing. They just got all the cobra stuff in.

I am thinking 4 or 5 dozen may be enough? LOL!

I might go an even 6 dozen just to be safe ;)
Noted, and likely will be needed seeing those amazing drop offs from pics of the course. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We have a local guy that will do full bag fittings for $150. That's what I plan on doing. They just got all the cobra stuff in.

I just sent you a similar message, thats what I did last year. Since you are only looking at one brand maybe they will reduce the price? We need a THP Club Champion discount haha

Last edited:
I just sent you a similar message, thats what I did last year. Since you are only looking at one brand maybe they will reduce the price? We need a THP Club Champion discount haha

I have a couple of local places that I trust that have tiered pricing - they do full bag for less than $200 and if you buy something they give you a credit.

About the only thing I'm struggling on right now in terms of the bag is going to be the shaft in my driver. Think I've got just about everything else ironed out based on earlier fittings. Had some good convo's with Cap'n Dan over the last few days to try to remedy the driver shaft issue, soon I hope.

For everybody that is speaking of fitting, just remember to get multiple shaft choices. Each year we have this and then one of the participants is upset that a shaft they want is not offered. Get multiple choices...

For everybody that is speaking of fitting, just remember to get multiple shaft choices. Each year we have this and then one of the participants is upset that a shaft they want is not offered. Get multiple choices...

Noted sir! Choices are good

Or wait until we know what the choices are :cool:

Or wait until we know what the choices are :cool:

You have done this a few times...Will it matter? If there were 50 shafts made in the world and we made 49 of them available, Id still be screwed.
#StockForAll

I went Tour Length in 2018 and that's all I play now. I really don't think there is any distance lost especially with finding center face on a more regular basis.
I just ordered a Epic Flash SZ at 44.5 inches and excited to get it on the course.....in 3 months. Haha

You have done this a few times...Will it matter? If there were 50 shafts made in the world and we made 49 of them available, Id still be screwed.
#StockForAll
Haha good point probably not

Back