Best By/Sell By Dates - Do you follow them?

Hahaha, I feel fine. I only ate half the bag though, this way I only have a 50% chance of getting sick. That's how the math works right? :ROFLMAO::sick:

Hahaha, I feel fine. I only ate half the bag though, this way I only have a 50% chance of getting sick. That's how the math works right? :ROFLMAO::sick:

Feeling okay?

How about now?

Rarely. And it's usually by accident and you can tell pretty quick that something is not right.

I was one of 9 kids growing up. You eat what you see just smell it first...it has served me well so far in life. What dates?

I am fine. If you hear a loud thump, then worry, that means I fell out of my chair and need you to call 911.

I am fine. If you hear a loud thump, then worry, that means I fell out of my chair and need you to call 911.

You are pretty far away, and dont weigh much, not sure I will hear anything.

Do we not hear from @GolferGal first because she died from the chips or from @JB first because GG ends him?

Do we not hear from @GolferGal first because she died from the chips or from @JB first because GG ends him?

I can't end him, it's too public here and I wouldn't be able to get the life insurance. I have to be way more discrete than a public forum.

with Milk heck yeah but other things it depends.

funny story which relates to this: went to have dinner at my mom's house recently and see had a nice salad ready to go with a bag of croutons to put in. i'm not a big crouton fan but my wife and 4 year old love them. so they put some on the salad and start munching.....i noticed an odd look on her face and she looks at me and then the bag of croutons. she grabs the bag and the "best buy date" is 2015.....lol. so i guess 4 years is too long for croutons....lol

with Milk heck yeah but other things it depends.

funny story which relates to this: went to have dinner at my mom's house recently and see had a nice salad ready to go with a bag of croutons to put in. i'm not a big crouton fan but my wife and 4 year old love them. so they put some on the salad and start munching.....i noticed an odd look on her face and she looks at me and then the bag of croutons. she grabs the bag and the "best buy date" is 2015.....lol. so i guess 4 years is too long for croutons....lol

Hahahaha, I am good for a few months, but 4 years, LOL, nope!

I can't end him, it's too public here and I wouldn't be able to get the life insurance. I have to be way more discrete than a public forum.

Is it weird that I am scared you thought this through :ROFLMAO:

Canned goods are normally good for several years beyond the date stamped on them.

I keep bread in my fridge. It lasts longer. I check for fuzz before I eat it regardless of how long it's been in there.
Milk, I've had to stop buying the gallon container and start buying the 1/2 gallon. I wasn't drinking it fast enough and it was going bad.
Dairy is normally still good for several days beyond the sell by date. I've had milk turn sour a couple days after putting it in my fridge. That was a rarity though.

Most stuff gets the smell and mark 1 calibrated eyeball test before its eaten in my house.
I've had chips go bad before eating them... they failed the sniff test and were tossed without eating.

I fell down the stairs carrying my old doggy at home last Thursday and my wife gave me two 4 year old Vicodin's (I read her prescription bottle afterwards) for the pain. They worked but maybe she was trying to do something else? :oops:

I don't think there's anything in Sun Chips that could really go "bad" per se. Could they get stale and not taste great? Sure. Bad? Doubtful.

I fell down the stairs carrying my old doggy at home last Thursday and my wife gave me two 4 year old Vicodin's (I read her prescription bottle afterwards) for the pain. They worked but maybe she was trying to do something else? :oops:

Haha, I will take expired meds too. They just lose their potency, they won't make you sick.

Haha, I will take expired meds too. They just lose their potency, they won't make you sick.
Actually that I'm far more inclined to do. Not nyquil or liquid based stuff, but if there are some good pill meds slightly expired, I certainly wouldn't hesitate.

Back