Is a Hotdog a Sandwich?

open face is not a sandwich until you close the loop.

Open faced sandwiches aren’t a thing?

What’s this loop you speak of?

Oh geez, IDK. I'm going with hotdog as its own category. I'll have a burger. I'll have a hotdog. I'll have a sandwich. I'll have a taco. All will be understood and the correct food will arrive.
Yep, what @GoldenBuff said, but know to throw the monkey wrench. What if it's on a piece of sliced bread?:unsure:

Ketchup, mustard, chili, cheese, green chile depending on how you are eating it.

I lean sandwich because it definitely isn't a taco.

Also how is an open faced SANDWICH, not a sandwich? LOL

I would suggest both a hotdog and a taco are a variant and subset of the sandwich family.

Open faced sandwiches aren’t a thing?

What’s this loop you speak of?

Once can call things anything you want. it does not make it correct. (Canadian Bacon is really just ham)

A burger doesn't have to be a sandwich, it's a burger.
A hotdog doesn't have to be a sandwich, it's a hotdog.

Now, fried chicken in a bun? That's where we get weird.

???? Well it’s definitely not a effing taco ? ?

Once can call things anything you want. it does not make it correct. (Canadian Bacon is really just ham)

Bolded: that is another discussion in and of itself.

Okay this one should be fairly easy I suppose, but maybe not.

Is a hotdog on a bun a sandwich?

The other part would be what do you put on it? Ketchup, mustard, onions, relish, chilli???
No it’s not. Mustard , relish and onions.

I lean sandwich because it definitely isn't a taco.

Also how is an open faced SANDWICH, not a sandwich? LOL

sand·wich
noun

1. an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.

A hotdog is simply just a hotdog. I try not to complicate things. Hotdogs are like a gift that keeps on giving as I burp up that delicious flavor for hours after eating them. In other news, my wife hasn’t kissed me in over 7 years.

Ever eaten a hotdog inside of a hard taco shell or soft taco shell for that matter? If you have, we aren’t friends from this point in.

I’m actually curious why you don’t consider open faced sandwiches a thing?

Now, fried chicken in a bun? That's where we get weird.

If you're ever in Albuquerque, you need to go to Golden Pride. The juiciest fried chicken covered with Hatch green chile, on a bun. you can thank me later.

sand·wich
noun

1. an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.
whoa, this completely ignores the best fastfood sandwich of all time.

0c9952569fc9e51e975a77ac67ad3255.jpg

Ever eaten a hotdog inside of a hard taco shell or soft taco shell for that matter? If you have, we aren’t friends from this point in.

Texas bro hahaha.
Yeah that’s just weird...

Back