Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2020 Morgan Cup Experience

Hey Team Winners and Team Second place... will let you figure out who you are! :cool:

Stock Shafts = all no up charge options.

If you want to play an exotic that’s cool but on your dime... but you better kick ass with with it, our “stock” offerings effin rock!
Mr. Yagley!! How have you been?? What are you recommending this year for the guys??

Greatest Wednesday thread ever. :)

Not an active participant.... but if I were to place an order I would go with the following setup....

Who am I kidding ... I would just go to Club Champion for full bag fitting...

Not an active participant.... but if I were to place an order I would go with the following setup....

Who am I kidding ... I would just go to Club Champion for full bag fitting...

that is a solid strategy right there.

You sure you sent it to the right captain? :ROFLMAO:

I love the OL selection....The EF white is a Stout shaft. Have you hit it?
I didn’t send you anything, I was just browsing.

I won’t want that stout shaft. I have my fitting tomorrow and can narrow things way down! I will send you something later this week to look at :)

Fun thread! Should be easy to pick a great setup while following the guidelines.

If anyone is complaining they should really reevaluate their life choices.. This event is incredible and those choices are solid. For what it's worth the only thing that has changed in my bag since the last Morgan Cup is my putter

If you all don't mind me playing along, these threads are super fun..
I'd go with a 4 headcover set-up

Driver - Speedzone Xtreme Tour length 10.5 w/ Project X Smoke Yellow 60 S
Fairways (3) - Big Tour w/ stock Smoke Yellow 70 S, 5 & 7 Speedzone w/ stock Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons - King SZ 5-GW, stock KBS 90S
Wedges - MIM 54 & 58

Grips: Woods - GP MCC +4; Irons & wedges - GP Tour Velvet

Think there may be some overlap there with the 5 iron potentially being as long as the 7 wood, but am guessing would get more forgiveness and a different flight from the wood.

Have fun dreaming up your set-ups! And honestly, don't overthink things. Sometimes simple works best.

Equipment ordering day!!! So cool to see the orders.

So freaking exciting!!!

What great choices. Can't wait to be chosen next year?

If you all don't mind me playing along, these threads are super fun..
I'd go with a 4 headcover set-up

Driver - Speedzone Xtreme Tour length 10.5 w/ Project X Smoke Yellow 60 S
Fairways (3) - Big Tour w/ stock Smoke Yellow 70 S, 5 & 7 Speedzone w/ stock Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons - King SZ 5-GW, stock KBS 90S
Wedges - MIM 54 & 58

Grips: Woods - GP MCC +4; Irons & wedges - GP Tour Velvet

Think there may be some overlap there with the 5 iron potentially being as long as the 7 wood, but am guessing would get more forgiveness and a different flight from the wood.

Have fun dreaming up your set-ups! And honestly, don't overthink things. Sometimes simple works best.
No Hybrid?

I went into my fitting intending not to go with a hybrid, but the SZ hybrids are just awesome. So easy to hit and I was not a big fan of hybrids before the fitting. Have one in my current bag, Callaway Rogue, that doesn't get used currently as it is a hook monster for me.

I suck with hybrids. Without testing one extensively, I’d be hesitant to put one in play. It wouldn’t be much of a review if it went like my game with most other hybrids.

quick edit - I suck more with hybrids.

I suck with hybrids. Without testing one extensively, I’d be hesitant to put one in play. It wouldn’t be much of a review if it went like my game with most other hybrids.

quick edit - I suck more with hybrids.
Split rails on the hybrid/fairway seem to really make a difference from my short time with them. I hit those clubs with the rails better than driver during fitting. :cool:(y)

@MarMill8412 any particular questions about the king black wedges versus MIM? I own both and have hit a lot of shots with both.

Lucky Devils. All I will say is SZ Xtreme w/Smoke Yellow is a sweet setup.

If I were to play along

Driver: SZ 10.5* TL, hzrdus smoke green 70 6.5, yellow head
3 wood: Big tour 3, hzrdus smoke yellow 75 6.5, 42.5" length
2 hybrid: SZ, Pro White 90X, 40.5" length
4 hybrid: SZ, Pro White 90X, 39" length
5-G: Forged Tec, ctaper 120S, -1/2" length, 1* weak
Wedges: MIM 54* and MIM 60*, ctaper 120S, -1/2" length, 1* flat

Grips: Crossline Cord +2 wraps logo down since no rib/align options.

My next set may look a lot like this. The 4 hybrid vs 4 iron is a big debate for considering I'm using a 3 ut right now.

No Hybrid?

I went into my fitting intending not to go with a hybrid, but the SZ hybrids are just awesome. So easy to hit and I was not a big fan of hybrids before the fitting. Have one in my current bag, Callaway Rogue, that doesn't get used currently as it is a hook monster for me.
When I got fit I just didn't hit the hybrids well and that's why he put me in the 6w. Of course I'd be willing to give them another shot but I'd most likely just go with newer versions of my current set up. My old Nike hybrids were strong hook shots for me too.

My order is done for the most part.... trying to decide between Big Tour and Standard 3W. Waiting for my captain to give me the nod and then we are good to go next Friday.
Today was fun, except not much work got done haha.

Very cool guys! Cobra/Puma/THP is bringing the heat as always! Can’t wait to see everyone’s final selections.

Placing your equipment order is one of those "cant believe this event is real" moments on THP.
Have fun with it & don't overthink it. I say get what you want, not what you think you need.

My order is done for the most part.... trying to decide between Big Tour and Standard 3W. Waiting for my captain to give me the nod and then we are good to go next Friday.
Today was fun, except not much work got done haha.

what are you going with for wedge setup?

Back