Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2020 Morgan Cup Experience

Here is what I am leaning (although short driver is scary);

9* Speedzone Tour Length - Hzrdus green 6x
13.5* Speedzone tour fairway - hzrdus green 7x
3-P KING Forged Tec - Tour V stiff (sort of)
MiM 50/54/58 - KBS 610

Tripping up on the 3 iron right now. Normally would rock a UT or a hybo there.
I did same thing... I figure the 3 iron is strong enough and could be my "2" iron technically

Unsolicited Advice from someone who walked in these shoes a few years ago. Be Careful about making a club choice that isn’t in your normal sweet spot. I chose some irons that were not a normal ideal fit for me. I didn’t go so well. Remember that you are expected to be a brand ambassador, that you’re going to be playing and reviewing the clubs for a while.
Quoting because T4K is wise.

I thought for sure you would go with the Catalyst 80 option in the irons (although I am a huge fan of the DG105 S300 shaft). What went into your decision?
??????

@OITW is all about that American Steel

Build 1...

SZ Extreme 10.5 yellow - Aldila Rogue Silver 110 S
SZ Fairway 3w yellow - Even Flow White 75 S
SZ Hybrid 3H - Tensei White S
SZ 4-GW - Nippon Modus 3 105 S
MiM wedges 52, 56
Stock everything, L/L and grips

Build 1...

MiM wedges 52, 56
SZ irons are very un-bladey

From one extreme to the other. Thats how bad last season was for me
There is no middle ground here for you haha.

Build 1...

MiM wedges 52, 56
Stock everything, L/L and grips

Captain leading by example.

On the way to getting my clubs finalized, had already posted my initial fitting details in other threads.

SZ 9* HZRDUS Yellow
SZ 3 Wood HZRDUS Yellow
SZ 3 and 4 Hybrid Recoil EXS 480
SZ 5-GW KBS Tour 90
MIM 54 & 58 wedges

All with Lamkin Sonar Connect Midsize with +6 wraps(kidding) :ROFLMAO:

One last fitting session on Saturday morning to confirm all and see if maybe some more graphite makes it into the bag. (y)

No choice. I mean we had guys saying dont include grips, because they dont trust the guy that grips Rickie Fowler's clubs could do theirs. So instead of looking like a monkey ******* a football while ordering, just change that **** afterwards and be glad you have this amazing journey.

This is my favorite post of 2020

If I were to order today (thankfully I am not) and my captain looked it over and gave thumbs up:

SZ Extre 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60
3W/5W with Even flow white T1100 65 s
4H OL UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap
5-GW OL Forged Tec UST Recoil 780 ES
54/58 degree MiM wedges steel shaft?

Everything with sonar wrap connect midsize

Last edited:
1st try....
SZ Tour Length, Rogue Silver 110, stiff white/matte black
SZ Fairway, Tensei Blue 75 stiff, white/matte black
SZ 3 Hybrid, Tensei Pro White 90
Forged Tec, 4-PW, KBS Tour, stiff
50, 54, 58, Mim wedges, KBS Tour, stiff
all with UTx Lamkin Midsize grips

Last edited:
SZ Extreme 10.5 white - Aldila Rogue Silver 110 S
SZ Tour Fairway 3w white - Aldila Rogue Silver 110 S
SZ Hybrid 3H - Tensei White S or SZ Hybrid 2H IDK yet
Forged Tec 4-PW - Nippon Modus 3 105 S 1 degree weak
MiM Wedges 50, 54, 58 Nippon Modus 3 wedge 105 S
Tour Velvet 360 grips on all
Standard length with Irons 2 degrees up

Looking forward to seeing what everyone gets! This is awesome

For those deciding on tour length, is it a big difference to choke down slightly on a standard driver due to weight vs having a tour length?

For those deciding on tour length, is it a big difference to choke down slightly on a standard driver due to weight vs having a tour length?
I know when I ordered my last driver 1 inch shorter they put more weight in the head via the moveable weights to compensate. So I think, key word, think it is different than just choking up

Last edited:
I know when I ordered my last driver 1 inch shorter they put more weight in the head via the moveable weights to compensate. So I think, key work, think it is different than just choking up
That is kinda what I figured but wasn't sure how it would change the weighting of the driver.

That is kinda what I figured but wasn't sure how it would change the weighting of the driver.
I'm not sure how much weight was added, but it definitely changed the weighting. I know I love my current driver shorter. So I'm going with the tour length 44.5"

Head is heavier with tour length, and you get a slight counter balance by choking up an inch on a basic setup.

I'd assume those would be the two biggest changes.

Absolutely. Choking down has a completely different feel IMO. I hate it.

The Tour Length Driver has 18g & 6g weights in it compared to the 14g & 2g in the the standard length. If that helps.

If I were to order today (thankfully I am not) and my captain looked it over and gave thumbs up:

SZ Extre 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60
3W/5W with Even flow white T1100 65 s
4H OL UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap
5-GW OL Forged Tec UST Recoil 780 ES
54/58 degree MiM wedges steel shaft?

Everything with sonar wrap connect midsize
You sure you sent it to the right captain? :ROFLMAO:

I love the OL selection....The EF white is a Stout shaft. Have you hit it?

Back