What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 90 yesterday. Drive is always my problem. Can't swing through the ball. I think I had 8 pars and 8 doubles.

Shot a 90 yesterday. Drive is always my problem. Can't swing through the ball. I think I had 8 pars and 8 doubles.

Still not bad, to shoot your handicap this early in the year, nothing wrong with that!

75 on Saturday - 1 under on the back 9 with lots of good putting, hit all but 2 fairways one just off and one in the trees but managed to save par on that one. Missed too many greens on the front 9 or it could have been better than a plus 4 there. Bogeys on two par 3s which is not good, 1 3 putt on the front which is also not good but overall a really good round for me, best score in over a year.

shot 3 over for a 39
finally getting birdies
so much better than the other day even tho i started double/bogey/bogey
it was a crappy rainy day but at least there was no stupid wind
i got around on a cart path only day in an hour and 10 mins

shot 3 over for a 39
finally getting birdies

Good job Russ!

Tapalatalking from work.

shot 3 over for a 39
finally getting birdies

WTG Russ! I know you were dancing around after making those birdies.

shot 3 over for a 39
finally getting birdies

Nice round Russ

shot and 81 today. Walked 18 in 2 hours 45 minutes after work and had a great day. Went out in 40 with 13 putts and came home in 41 with 17 putts (ouch). I had 2 triples thanks to some wayward drives and a double on the first hole (i'm going to blame the lack of warm-up here) but countered those holes with 3 solid birdies, all on tough par 4's. Drained a 25 footer for birdie on the #1 handicap hole and it felt great.

Finally getting the irons back in game shape after some shaky practice rounds monday and tuesday. My putting was my saving grace today. I had a few 8-10 footers for par that I definitely would have missed last year. Cant wait for the weather to really turn nice and have the courses up here get back into shape.

Played two rounds today. The first round was in a league I play in that is for oil company people. Its called the PGL. this was our first month. We play a different course every month and today it was about 100 miles out of town. Today I shot 78. 41-37. I was so close to shooting Par on the back but had boggys on last two holes. :at-wits-end:. Also had a triple boggy on the second hole on the front, what a way to start.

After that round I came home and played 18 at my home course with one of my boys. shot 83 ... 41-42. I was getting tired and my back was hurting. TOOO Much GOLF. :golf:

nice work on the 78!

uggggh... just plain brutal today
i had serious distance... but was all over the place off the tee
way chunky today... doing some stupid dip move like tiger but much worse
the only thing good was my wedge play
wedges were on fiiiyiiyiierrre... every time i had a full wedge in my hand i was flag hunting
too bad my other sticks werent as accurate

uggggh... just plain brutal today
i had serious distance... but was all over the place off the tee
way chunky today... doing some stupid dip move like tiger but much worse
the only thing good was my wedge play
wedges were on fiiiyiiyiierrre... every time i had a full wedge in my hand i was flag hunting
too bad my other sticks werent as accurate

I find myself doin that sometimes too russ. Main thing is to just keep your lower body quiet on the backswing and it won't happen.

I find myself doin that sometimes too russ. Main thing is to just keep your lower body quiet on the backswing and it won't happen.

oh man i knew exactly what i was doing every single frikken time hahaha ugggh

oh man i knew exactly what i was doing every single frikken time hahaha ugggh

I did it so bad at the range the other day with my R11 I hit a good foot behind the ball and actually saw the shaft flex and it looked like it was going to break, Everything on my downswing once I hit the mat just stopped dead.

totally sucks and its like when youre playing you just cant stop doing it

First round of the year, and since i didn't really get out in the fall, it was my first round in a long time. Shot 47-41 for an 88. Distance control was all over the place, couldn't hit a green for the life of me. Driving was petty inconsistent. All in all, for the first round of the year on a brown course, its all you can ask for I guess. If I could have started the round like I finished I would have been very happy.

First round of the year, and since i didn't really get out in the fall, it was my first round in a long time. Shot 47-41 for an 88. Distance control was all over the place, couldn't hit a green for the life of me. Driving was petty inconsistent. All in all, for the first round of the year on a brown course, its all you can ask for I guess. If I could have started the round like I finished I would have been very happy.

Id say thats a great round for the first of the year. Good job. 41 on the back for a 12 is great for the begging of the season.

Hit the ball solidly all day today which is a huge improvement to the last time I was out when I completely lost my swing. Still didn't score well, the wind was howling and it was cold today, but it was such a huge improvement in my swing that I am actually excited about shooting a 97. It was also a course I had not played in nearly 10 years, the greens were recently aerated, and we were coming off of a couple days of rain, so it was wet too. All in all, I am much happier today then I was after my last round.

Travelled for work Wed/Thurs and got a round in on Wednesday, shot a 101 which I'm fairly happy with as it's only the 2nd time i've played this year and it was about 32 degrees when we tee'd off. First 9 was awful, shot a 54 and I felt like it was much worse, I pulled it together on the back 9 and shot a 47 which could have been much better except for blowing up the par 5 11th. Overall not bad for really the first full round of golf I've had this year.

I shot a 45 today, I was not happy with it. It felt like I shot a 55. 2 pars 4 bogeys and 3 double bogeys. On the bright side I didn't loose a ball today so that saved me a few shots.

I'm going to play in about 30 mins as soon as I get off of work!!

Hit the ball solidly all day today which is a huge improvement to the last time I was out when I completely lost my swing. Still didn't score well, the wind was howling and it was cold today, but it was such a huge improvement in my swing that I am actually excited about shooting a 97. It was also a course I had not played in nearly 10 years, the greens were recently aerated, and we were coming off of a couple days of rain, so it was wet too. All in all, I am much happier today then I was after my last round.

Great stuff Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back