Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Ah gotcha. I thought I read in another thread that you had the Xtreme, Mav and Mav Max in for testing along with the EXS220
Nope. Bought the SZ and the Max, no review on those. (y)

I wasn't positive this driver was going to be the one for me during the fitting. But after getting it on the course a couple times now....I'm loving it. I have the tour length and it's the best decision I made. The smoke yellow is performing and feeling well. Also love the sound off the infinity face. This baby is HOT!!
Have you changed the weights at all or kept the heavy weight back?

Have you changed the weights at all or kept the heavy weight back?
I started with the heavy weight in front, but after the first time with it, I moved it to the back. I also, got the 9 deg and I have put the setting at +1.0 D. And it's worked wonders. Love the flight now.

Now that I’ve got some time, I’m going to finally start working with this one. Curious to flip the weight and see how that changes things, more curious to hit the Riptide in it! 💪

Put the Xtreme 12.5 with UST Helium Black 5F3 Shaft Tour Length in play this past Saturday.

Conditions: Cold High 40s with slight wind - light rain/drizzle for the last 13 holes.

Course: First time playing this course, 6,400 yards from the blue tees - plenty of elevation change, wide forgiving fairways and fairly large greens with plenty of break and slope.

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RXS

Hit the driver 10x during my round.

Averaged 230 for total distance with longest being 275 and shortest 162 (bad snap hook)

The 275 yard drive a beauty - mid ball flight hard draw spin - caught the edge of the fairway bounced left and ran for days - set me up perfect to go for the green in two (was still 250 out haha)

Two of those drives were the perfect ball flight mid-high penetrating flight with superb distance.

Generally ball flight was low to mid.

Battled some snap hooks for a few holes which definitely took a bit away from the overall day.

The driver is packed with forgiveness - there were a few I didn't catch and few bad ones that still got out there for me. Didn't lose a ball the entire round. I'm excited to see how this goes when I get it dialed in.

Potential changes to the setup:

Might swap the the 5F3 for a 5F4 shaft

Adjust the loft down 1* to 11.5*

Put the Xtreme 12.5 with UST Helium Black 5F3 Shaft Tour Length in play this past Saturday.

Conditions: Cold High 40s with slight wind - light rain/drizzle for the last 13 holes.

Course: First time playing this course, 6,400 yards from the blue tees - plenty of elevation change, wide forgiving fairways and fairly large greens with plenty of break and slope.

Averaged 230 for total distance with longest being 275 and shortest 162 (bad snap hook)

The 275 yard drive a beauty - mid ball flight hard draw spin - caught the edge of the fairway bounced left and ran for days - set me up perfect to go for the green in two (was still 250 out haha)

Two of those drives were the perfect ball flight mid-high penetrating flight with superb distance.

Battled some snap hooks for a few holes which definitely took a bit away from the overall day.

The driver is packed with forgiveness - there were a few I didn't catch and few bad ones that still got out there for me. Didn't lose a ball the entire round. I'm excited to see how this goes when I get it dialed in.

Didn't lose a ball for the entire round? I once had a dream where I had a round like that :LOL:

Tons of forgiveness !!!! I only got 1 round in with it before Illinois courses closed but it was so fun to hit. A much better driver than that other brand I used to play 😆

The more I play this head the more I am impressed. Its an addictive club to hit. Played 9 yesterday and hit 5 out of 7 fairways. The two I missed were bad swings and did a bit of a push fade on them into the rough but they still started out pretty much on line. Tons of confidence at address.

My driver swing is a special tier of awful right now, so my feedback for the time being will be pretty limited with the Tour Length Speedzone driver I put in the bag this week.

With that in mind, I really like the sound they put together this year. I was worried it wouldn't be what I wanted after loving the 2019 version, but I think they complimented it very well. I also think the infinity face is a combination of confidence inspiring (vs last year), and visually pleasing. Absolutely no complaints there.

Pretty excited to stop swinging it like a turd so I can share full thoughts.

Finally got to play 18 again and put the SZ driver into play. Loving every swing. Very forgiving with the setup I have and it just goes long. Today wasn't a great driving day weather wise. It was cold ( 51 deg ) and windy and I was getting 0 roll. Driver shots were embedding themselves into the mud and sometimes they'd bounce backwards. Pretty much all carry.

I ended the day with 5 balls over 270 carry with my longest being 282. On a warmer day with roll out.? ....will be nutty.

This is an amazing head and I am lucky to have it mated to an amazing shaft in the LIN-Q Purple. Absolutely fantastic combo for me. I was giggling after each hit.

20200405_135436_HDR.jpg

Last hit of the day.
20200405_165539_HDR.jpg

Played with the tour length SZ today and it is still wonderful. I didn’t get the same distance as last weekend, but still was really good for me. Such a joy to hit!

My driver swing is a special tier of awful right now, so my feedback for the time being will be pretty limited with the Tour Length Speedzone driver I put in the bag this week.

With that in mind, I really like the sound they put together this year. I was worried it wouldn't be what I wanted after loving the 2019 version, but I think they complimented it very well. I also think the infinity face is a combination of confidence inspiring (vs last year), and visually pleasing. Absolutely no complaints there.

Pretty excited to stop swinging it like a turd so I can share full thoughts.

Remember that your self-described turd like swing is better than any swing (none by the way) that I have been able to take with my new Xtreme.

Finally got to play 18 again and put the SZ driver into play. Loving every swing. Very forgiving with the setup I have and it just goes long. Today wasn't a great driving day weather wise. It was cold ( 51 deg ) and windy and I was getting 0 roll. Driver shots were embedding themselves into the mud and sometimes they'd bounce backwards. Pretty much all carry.

I ended the day with 5 balls over 270 carry with my longest being 282. On a warmer day with roll out.? ....will be nutty.

This is an amazing head and I am lucky to have it mated to an amazing shaft in the LIN-Q Purple. Absolutely fantastic combo for me. I was giggling after each hit.

View attachment 8935709

Last hit of the day.
View attachment 8935710

The pictures have me ready to make a drive to upstate NY from NH to play golf. Nice that you are getting out.

EDIT: I see Saratoga National opens April 10 under COVID guidelines :devilish:

Anyone else noticing that balls higher off the face are still going far?

I hit a few that were high toe and high middle face and the ball still just flew and flew straight.

I hit a few that were high toe and high middle face and the ball still just flew and flew straight.
The one time I've been able to really put it through its paces I felt exactly the same. One or two that I didn't think I caught particularly well, but just sailed out there not far off at all from where it would have been had I really corked. Such a great driver to hit.

I've hit a few higher on teh face and found the same thing. I haven't hit enough to notice if the distance is impacted but they've gone straight to target line pretty nicely.

I've hit more balls low on the face and I've notice a distinct launch angle difference on those balls. Definitely lower in my case. Those don't carry as far but what I don't know is what spin is on them. I want to see the roll out on a dryer day to see what hte net effect is.

Can’t wait to try out my Xtreme. Because mishits off the toe and high off the face are very familiar to me.

Yeah I may need to reshaft it. Hit it head to head again after work and it wasn't even close. Hit the PING longer, higher and more consistently. I hit a few good shots with the Cobra but still left of shots low, blocked to the right or huge push slices. Then I started changing my swing...which made things worse.

The thing I LOVED about the G400 Max is I loved it from the first swing. So much so, that I rarely hit more than 10-12 drives in a practice session. I trust it'll always do the job if I put any kind of decent swing on it.

I probably hit about 120 drives today over 2 separate sessions. The feel of the Cobra is intoxicating. I REALLY wanted to like it. The Tensei feels really good, but isn't the fit for me. That's one of the risks you get for self fitting, lol.

Our county issued a 'shelter in place' order effective tomorrow at midnight. Getting one last round in tomorrow morning. (our course has been fantastic about putting in social distancing practices from outdoor check-in, encouraging walking, pool floaties in the hole to keep the ball from falling in more than 1/2 in deep and removing all the rakes.) I'll definitely put the PING in the bag.

Quarantine limited golf options, LOL. Local golf shops are closed. I was bored and bought an ALDILA NV TKV 2 Blue shaft off Second Swing. I figured it would be a little closer to the Alta than the Tensei was. Golf options are limited, but I am playing twilight Wednesday at another country in the metroplex that is still open.

Got out for two rounds the past week and a half.

Course we played was probably closer to 6,200 yards than the 6,400 yards on the card, elevation changes and doglegs aplenty.

I have not adjusted my setup from the stock setup that I received it at (12.5* Tour Length 5F3).

I've been enjoying the driver so far. I haven't been hitting it as far as I've seen my F9 go, but it's a different setup. To that point, it is 100% superior to the F9 Tour Length Stock setup I went with last year with the HZRDUS Smoke Shaft.

I said this last review, but I haven't done anything yet, may try a 45" Helium 5F4 in there, but I'm content with the results so far.

The first round was a little more wonky with the drives due to trying some swing things. Sunday's round, went back to the tried and true and it settled down a bit, no right side miss, just the normal left. No lost balls Sunday, I think I lost one the previous week.

I am seeing a higher launch in this setup than I was seeing in preferred F9 setup - also unless I put a ton of draw spin on it, seeing less rollout that I did with F9 setup.

4.4-4.12 Speedzone Driver Stock 4.14.20 Accuracy.GIF

4.4-4.12 Speedzone Driver Stock 4.14.20 Dispersion.GIF

Will probably keep the current setup for one more round before doing any tweaks - if I do make a tweak, I'll turn it down to 11.5 before tinkering with shafts or anything like that.

Now that I’ve got some time, I’m going to finally start working with this one. Curious to flip the weight and see how that changes things, more curious to hit the Riptide in it! 💪

Don't forget to try heavy weights front and back.

My Xtreme looks good in my bag. I can’t wait until I get some swings with it.

My Xtreme looks good in my bag. I can’t wait until I get some swings with it.

Just start hitting balls down your street a la David Simms

I like that there is less to tinker with on the Xtreme than with my old F9.

I miss hitting driver. Really loved the flight I was getting with the xtreme lofted down.

Back