PODCAST Off Course: Episode 3 – Costco Putter, Golf Opening and More

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show including a Costco Putter, golf being back and more. Hosted by Dan Edwards and Rob Miller, each Friday the hosts give you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before.

THP_OFFCOURSE_Homepage_sqairz_v1-1024x731.jpg

Episode 3 is here and Dan and Rob discuss the following topics:

Costco Putter
People Playing Golf Again
Leaving Flagstick In

Continue reading...

Eager to listen to this one on the course today.

Fun listen. The NJ restrictions to getting back to golf are wild. Hopefully they will find some sanity sooner than later.

Hadwin: not sure why he is over-reacting, as you guys stated the tour will have dozens of options for the tour guys to pull the pins safely.

The Kirkland putter topic was entertaining. I'd def take the bourbon and cookies....although I do question the QC! ;)

"If that happens to you, and I find out about it..."

Letterkenny nod?

I would absolutely buy Kirkland Small Batch bourbon.

Here's the thing about foursomes and tee-times.

Yes, you can social distance with four people. Absolutely. No doubt. But people won't.

Also, tee-times at 15 minutes apart is very long. But what happens when Joe Hacker tees off, duffs it down the hole, WHILE WALKING? That time can fill up really quick.

The Ohio Rainy season continues, so perfect timing on this podcast update! (glad its a friday boost)...

Maybe soon I will enjoy this during my walk around the golf course like the cool kids! haha @Jman enjoy it!

Yes, you can social distance with four people. Absolutely. No doubt. But people won't.

Also, tee-times at 15 minutes apart is very long. But what happens when Joe Hacker tees off, duffs it down the hole, WHILE WALKING? That time can fill up really quick.
The course I'm playing later today has a max of a 3some, 12 minute intervals, walking only.

BUT if you get a teetime as a duo, they won't pair you with a single.

I'm hoping this works pretty well.

I do sometimes relate it to fixing pitch marks. I mean people don’t do that and then complain about course conditions :)

I do sometimes relate it to fixing pitch marks. I mean people don’t do that and then complain about course conditions :)

Exactly. As soon as a few golf bros get on the course and pound a couple Natty Lights, stuff's about to get REAL.

You'd be surprised about the social distancing and what they won't do. I haven't noticed issues with it in the few rounds I've gotten in, with friends or when watching other groups. Then again, FL vs IL I guess?

oh HELL naw

That's it. I'm 100% growing my COVID-stache again.

NV opened courses back up today. I don't know the restrictions yet.

Also to answer the question. I would buy a putter over bourbon. That is only because I am a nondrinker. I would probably buy a nice prime rib roast over both of those.

Good show. My son does a podcast and my wife did tv for years so I know it’s not easy. Well done.
I enjoyed the Kirkland Putter conversation. Frankly the more I hear the more I want to try it. I buy Kirkland stuff all over Costco and buy grocery store house brands. I’m not a good enough player to worry what my club says. Good job!

$1000 a month to play a couple 9 holes, brutal, members have got to be screaming! thee other side of that though, i wonder how many members have some real clout and are playing everyday? @HipCheck

You'd be surprised about the social distancing and what they won't do. I haven't noticed issues with it in the few rounds I've gotten in, with friends or when watching other groups. Then again, FL vs IL I guess?

I have to agree with this. I was talking to our head pro and he said it's the busiest the course has ever been and outside of a couple of cases they haven't had any issues with social distancing. And we're only at 10 or 12 minute intervals between tee times for full foursomes.

This was another good episode guys. Those stipulations for Jersey sound crazy, it makes me appreciate my area a little more. I love the conversation on the Kirkland putter also. Keep up the great work!

Good show. My son does a podcast and my wife did tv for years so I know it’s not easy. Well done.
I enjoyed the Kirkland Putter conversation. Frankly the more I hear the more I want to try it. I buy Kirkland stuff all over Costco and buy grocery store house brands. I’m not a good enough player to worry what my club says. Good job!
For what it's worth, I think that argument is perfectly viable from a ball standpoint. If you're the type of player who doesn't concern themselves with consistency or technology, but just loves to play the game, I think it's a great option. My issue with Kirkland balls has ALWAYS been about the weird hype surrounding them.

Also, to the putter - it's not about what the club says, it's about the quality. Is it better to buy something with no R&D department, or head over to CallawayPreOwned (as an example) to buy an o-works red for 130 bucks? Or a brand new Cleveland Huntington Beach putter for 130.. Or a TaylorMade Ardmore over on Rock Bottom for 120... etc etc etc.

In this case, you're paying more for what I can only assume is less.

Also, off course, but you are 8 posts from 90k
lmao, LOVE that you're using 'off course' here!

the big goal for this year is 100k. 90k is going to be pretty sweet though!

For what it's worth, I think that argument is perfectly viable from a ball standpoint. If you're the type of player who doesn't concern themselves with consistency or technology, but just loves to play the game, I think it's a great option. My issue with Kirkland balls has ALWAYS been about the weird hype surrounding them.

Also, to the putter - it's not about what the club says, it's about the quality. Is it better to buy something with no R&D department, or head over to CallawayPreOwned (as an example) to buy an o-works red for 130 bucks? Or a brand new Cleveland Huntington Beach putter for 130.. Or a TaylorMade Ardmore over on Rock Bottom for 120... etc etc etc.

In this case, you're paying more for what I can only assume is less.
Hell, you can get an HB new from Budget for $90 without a discount currently.

Hell, you can get an HB new from Budget for $90 without a discount currently.
that is more what I am getting at. A quick search around the google machine will find endless offerings at a more competitive price.

that is more what I am getting at. A quick search around the google machine will find endless offerings at a more competitive price.
Offerings with substantial backstory, R&D, and history of proven performance will always catch my eye opposed to just a "deal".

Back