Bonfires: Yay or Nay?

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Now I know my friend @JB and I are very different, but we also have a disagreement about bonfires.

What are your thoughts on bonfires? Do you like them? Why or why not?

I love them. Get to hang out with bugs and critters, with a bunch of dudes wearing jorts chatting. Or I can be inside, with the same people having a conversation over a wonderful bourbon or cocktail of their choice.

Yes x1000

100% yes.

The outdoors is a good thing.

I love sitting around a bonfire with a cocktail or 10, some music and a cigar.

Sometimes we just gather around the chiminea and fire it up, always a good convo going on.....I remember the Taylormade Experience, always hanging around the fire pit

Bonfires yes! I thought it was a proven fact that beer tastes better around a bonfire.

Yes. Something special about sitting outside around a fire.

When I was growing up in Ohio we had epic bonfires! The best was a wood pile from removing a few fencerows. That fire burned for nearly a week! Now that I live in AZ, I'm a bit more resposible with fire. A outdoor fire place with friends is still a great time.

I love bonfires/campfires. It brings people together, great conversation and friendly fun.
Why would anyone not like them?

Now I know my friend @JB and I are very different, but we also have a disagreement about bonfires.

What are your thoughts on bonfires? Do you like them? Why or why not?

Ever heard of Burning Man??. That happens about 50 miles from me every year. Cancelled this year but Yeah, bon fires are a thing.. It is basically for the same reason as when you were 17, to get totally wasted..

1591715831649.png

20190901_173919.jpg
Upta camp a fire is almost required otherwise it's not the same! 😉

Yes, I love being around a bonfire with friends and family. Drinks, s'mores and some music is great. Nothing like looking up on a clear night and seeing all the stars and watching the boys chase around fireflies!

For sure, such a great way to spend some time in fresh air (unless the smoke follows you) and roast some marshmallows, have some drinks, etc

One point of clarification......Camp fires should be universally on the enjoy list. To me a "bonfire" needs to be on the scale of 6 foot stack of pallets, gallon of gasoline, and a lot of Milwaulkee's Best. With luck, there will be ramps to jump said fire before the party is over.

Yes - love a good bonfire. doesnt have to be big. Smores and your favorite adult beverage. under the stars.

One point of clarification......Camp fires should be universally on the enjoy list. To me a "bonfire" needs to be on the scale of 6 foot stack of pallets, gallon of gasoline, and a lot of Milwaulkee's Best. With luck, there will be ramps to jump said fire before the party is over.

Thank you.
Don’t forget the jorts and the “I have a mustache because its ironic” :ROFLMAO:

I’m waiting for the @golfunfiltered take on bonfires...

If you watched his recent live stream, and saw his millennial stache you would know he is either VERY much for them ORRRRRR is in search of an ice cream truck to take out on the weekends to “meet people”.

Thank you.
Don’t forget the jorts and the “I have a mustache because its ironic” :ROFLMAO:

and you don't think that would be a fun party?????

I’m very pro bonfire (radio show and the fire). I prefer to have it with less than 10 people because it’s less likely to become something other than relaxing.

I have to agree. When I posted I said bonfire/campfire but they are completely different. I would choose a campfire over a bonfire any day.
They campfire involves good conversation, some quiet times, passing an open bottle of Fireball around (pre-covid), jokes, stories, etc...

I was into the bonfire parties 35 years ago when it involved loud music, Natural Light beer and a lot of singed hair. (those days were fun though!)

Back