Ben Hogan Player's Combo Set

My order is going in tonight. I hope I don’t regret the tour V.

A set of these for fun is a 🤔

I honestly think I would if Recoils or SteelFibers were offered. I don’t know that I would want to pay for them and then turn around and pay for a reshaft.

Just went to Club Champion to get fitted. I fully intended to buy the Icon irons but went in knowing they did NOT have them to hit. The plan was to hit the PTx Pros and use them as a guide. I was immediately blown away how great the PTx Pro 6 iron looked and was already more sleek than my old Cleveland cg16 tours. That quickly changed my mind to go P-7 in the Icons and 6-4 in the PTx Pros. I expected to try out quite a few shafts but I was getting great numbers with the KBS tour Vs so no need. Now we wait!

Just went to Club Champion to get fitted. I fully intended to buy the Icon irons but went in knowing they did NOT have them to hit. The plan was to hit the PTx Pros and use them as a guide. I was immediately blown away how great the PTx Pro 6 iron looked and was already more sleek than my old Cleveland cg16 tours. That quickly changed my mind to go P-7 in the Icons and 6-4 in the PTx Pros. I expected to try out quite a few shafts but I was getting great numbers with the KBS tour Vs so no need. Now we wait!

Welcome to THP! Congrats on the new set of irons.

You’re going to love them.

Do you have any launch monitor numbers yet?
Busy focusing on the UiHi since I’m reviewing that one, posted numbers on it in that thread.

For grins, 9i was averaging 153, which in an MB I’m more than happy with.

Slightly blurry but purple is old clubs and red is the ptx with the kbs tours. I also have not touched a club in about 3 weeks so a lot of them were slight miss hits. Massive difference though.

Attachments

• DB6ED269-66D2-4389-96EF-6401816EBE49.png
    DB6ED269-66D2-4389-96EF-6401816EBE49.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 29
Im a teacher and golf coach, sooooooo, summers are for coaching and being at the course (y):p
And thank you for teaching. You folks are hero’s.

Another round on these, another in the 70’s. Today a 77 from 6,950 on a WINDY freaking day.

Legit worked the ball around the course today flighting the ball and using every iron in the bag again. I can’t get over the flow, the flow of looks, the flow of feel, and the ability to do the things I want them to.

Yes, misses aren’t super forgiving, but they’re not as crazy penal as I expected....at all.

High. Low. Draw. Fade. I have hit them all.

ABC19DC7-5CE4-41C6-89C9-90D38507D79E.jpeg

I guess I didn't realize, but I wish they had some more flexibility in their iron sets.
I'd be kinda stuck with 2 4 irons if i end up ordering in the future since i already ordered a uihi separate.

Just for kicks, I decided to check out the Combo Set with UiHi 4I and 3I... The extra iron is $99 instead of $110 with the full set.

Would be $884 not including tax. Pretty amazing for a set that's set "to spec" for you, with a combination of 3 different club types. All brand new, forged, and your choice of shaft?

Hogans will definitely be my next set of irons... after demoing them. But, probably going to have a wait a season or two before pulling that trigger.

I’ll say it.

Most complete combo set that I have ever hit/tested/played/reviewed/whatever.

The feel is so so so so so addicting.

Literally my only nitpick right now? My elbow hurts.

This is a nitpick because Im loving the flight I’m getting out of the Tour V, but it’s clear I’m going to have to change eventually for my body.

So, no, not a nitpick on the irons themselves.

Those are a thing of beauty.

I’m against the DBM style finishes but an exception could (possibly) be made for a set of these........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a nitpick because Im loving the flight I’m getting out of the Tour V, but it’s clear I’m going to have to change eventually for my body.

Put your Elevates in them!

Do elevates help with elbow pain? I’ve had golfers elbow for 6 months.

They have VSS, vibration dampening, in them. The Tour have less than standard Elevates, but it’s there. Still not nearly as effective as graphite.

I hope you are on an aggressive stretching plan. Only way to get over the hump.. that and a shift to graphite.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I'm dieing to try these in a set of Rapid Tapers. That would cure your elbow woes.. I'm wondering if I can get a set of just heads out of Hogan.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Some 6i and 9i numbers. Why those? Because it shows a good sample in the middle of each iron type (PTx Pro vs ICON)

6i avg #’s - 132 ball speed, 14.7 launch, 6179 RPM, 34

9i avg #’s - 115 ball speed, 21.2 launch, 8370 RPM, 34 yard peak, 154 carry

These avg’s show exactly what I’ve been seeing, and the clubs between them gap perfectly

Are they 200 yard 6 i’s like with some other irons I’ve played? No. Instead these are a set I can manipulate as much or as little as I want.

I want to add, these are the reason that I sold the Forged Tec this week, and why I’m going to move my other sets (minus one for shaft reviews).

I can sing no higher praises.

Back